• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"I'll Have Another" Wins Preakness Stakes

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
By RICHARD ROSENBLATT 05/19/12 07:43 PM ET AP

BALTIMOREI'll Have Another waited a little longer to catch Bodemeister in the stretch this time, and now that
he's done it twice in a row it's time for a Triple Crown try in the Belmont Stakes.

With a breathtaking closing rush, the smooth-striding colt won the Preakness Stakes by a neck at Pimlico Race Course
on a sunny Saturday, a nail-biter of a finish that topped his win two weeks ago in the Kentucky Derby.

The race unfolded the same way as the Derby, with the speedy Bodemeister moving to the lead under Mike Smith, with
I'll Have Another hanging back in fourth in the 11-horse field. The early fractions were slower than the Derby, but when
it came time for Bodemeister to hang on, I'll Have Another found another gear under young jockey Mario Gutierrez and
ran down trainer Bob Baffert's horse in the shadow of the wire.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OkZ38FER8cs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: