• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If SAF is the manager of Singapore Lions, we will be...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We can have Lord Fergie, Wenger or even Mourinho but if our players are shit then not even the best coach in the world can guide us to the World Cup...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We can have Lord Fergie, Wenger or even Mourinho but if our players are shit then not even the best coach in the world can guide us to the World Cup...

which begs the question - why r our players shit? cos its inborn? Or bcos we don't dev talents properly.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sports don't pay in Singapore. Every father and mother wants their child to aim and get into NUS, NTU and SMU. The monent any child wants to concentrate on developing their sporting talents, the relatives will start to gossip, "Cham lor, Buay Tak Chey"

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Money should be pumped into all grassroots level... The recent Lion City team has the potential to go far... But parents must be supportive too... As usual good talented young players are prevented from pursuing their footballing talents by their paper mad parents.. Can't blame their parents though for this is Spore we are talking about..

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Money should be pumped into all grassroots level... The recent Lion City team has the potential to go far... But parents must be supportive too... As usual good talented young players are prevented from pursuing their footballing talents by their paper mad parents.. Can't blame their parents though for this is Spore we are talking about..

Yeah brother, look at our National Football team and you know. Most Chinese parents frown on their children becoming professional football. There is simply no support from every level. By the way, anyone still remembers Singapore's WC 2010 dream? :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think an important step is to ensure there is "future" after the sporting career. In UK, Europe, retired players go into management, coaching or pundits or even some, retire as millionaires.

we need as well to develop the supporting infrastructure so that there are career opportunities after professional football. Esp since as a footballer here in Singapore or SEA, u r unlikely to be paid enough to retire after playing.

if there are feasible futures - it will help tremendously to ease concerns and anxiety.

Another factor - NS. 18 - 20 you take away 2 years of their golden years - where budding players could either lose interest, lose skills or kenna injured.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah brother, look at our National Football team and you know. Most Chinese parents frown on their children becoming professional football. There is simply no support from every level. By the way, anyone still remembers Singapore's WC 2010 dream? :biggrin:

I came from an all boys's school in the East... My school football team will always be challenging for honours in the inter school tournament every year.. We got an excellent track record.. I was part of my school's team for 3 years.. Had a team mate who had nifty footwork, pace, and skills..Even a former national player commented that this team mate of mine had the potential to go far.. Recommended him to the Combines's school team for trials.. He passed the trial easily.. But in the end, he was told to stop playing football and concentrate on his studies by his father who is ironically a former football player himself... Now my former classmate is an Engineer working in Canada..

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old Fart Fergie won't dare to coach another national team after he coached Scotland in 1986 world cup.............

he rather die.....................