• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If opposition forms new govt...

Taro Ries

Alfrescian
Loyal
Top 10 things to do:

1. Abolish GRC system
2. Set up truth and reconciliation committee
3. Convene human rights commission
4. Audit GIC, CPF, HDB, Temasek
5. Nationalise healthcare
6. True privatisation of transportation sector
7. Abolish ISD
8. make HDB flats freehold
9. Call for fair presidential election; re-elect presidential select committee
10. Dismantle People's Association

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Top 10 things to do:

1. Abolish GRC system
7. Abolish ISD

Not abolish ISD--we need a internal security. Just re-direct ISD resources to real threats.

mcsmith6

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe oppositions can form a capable government with their
candidates' credentials and capability.

what track records r pap talking about? their failure over the 5 yrs?

can u imagine tin pei ling being a minister?

when they say many their batch of new candidates are not "back benchers",
what about the rest that are "back benchers"?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe oppositions can form a capable government with their
candidates' credentials and capability.

what track records r pap talking about? their failure over the 5 yrs?

can u imagine tin pei ling being a minister?

when they say many their batch of new candidates are not "back benchers",
what about the rest that are "back benchers"?

Tin Pei Ling as Defence Minister! When the enemy invades "I don't know what to say!"

geylangkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget to flush the ex-ISDs out of SPH and let real journalists do their job

Top 10 things to do:

1. Abolish GRC system
7. Abolish ISD

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anarcho-capitalism will suffice. You want to help the homeless, the poor, the sick, the unemployed, the vulnerable? Can. Pay lor. You want soldiers to protect your land? Can. Pay lor. You want a flexible insurance scheme that accrues high interest? Can. Pay lor. You want a house that's large enough for the family and yet affordable to finance? Just pay. I maintain that there's nothing freer than the free-market. There are governments in virtually every country on this planet. Evidently, not all countries are equally prosperous. Why? It's milieu that determines the success of a society, not governments. Just compare bo zeng hu-Belgium with bo zeng hu-Somalia and you'll know what I mean. Time to get rid of the PAP. Time to get rid of the entire edifice of government. :smile:

Last edited:

Taro Ries

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest problem would be GLCs. What to do with them? Break them up? Re-nationalise and re-corporatise?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest problem would be GLCs. What to do with them? Break them up? Re-nationalise and re-corporatise?

GLCs belong to the Leegime. We must respect private property rights for a capitalist society and economy to function properly. Sinkie sheep have only themselves to blame for allowing the PAPpies to fleece from them. It's not the hawker's fault that you wasted 2.50 on his very average-tasting plate of meepok with substandard ingredients. Blame yourselves for not being informed enough to visit the stall at the next kopitiam that offers premium, expensive ingredients at the expense of the hawker's profit margins. So no, I do not believe the peasants have a case in nationalising GLCs.