• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'If I could turn back the clock, I would not enter showbiz', says Ann Kok

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If she was smart. She should have invested her money wisely like buy property in the 90s. She would b laughing to the bank now. Show biz is just a stepping stone to financial freedom n seriously...singkieland actors have no talent besides annabelle chong..if want to compete internationally..the hongkies n kim chis n japs would b way ahead. .she is just saying sour grapes stuff. She could also do wat many actresses do..go hitch a rich guy..

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyway she has nice figure and I like this kind of woman, straight talk.
she is sweet and pretty and gingerlyn lyn likes her
Then I think you might like these photos of her, when she was much younger:

sgGirls.com_-_00077095.jpg

TCDEQgX.png

V7UnG.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't Fann Wong make it ?

If she had gone into marketing, she might still have been an insurance or property agent. Anyway, she was given the opportunity to strike it in Hong Kong, but unfortunately for her she didn't make it.

The trick is really to have a powerful agent doing the marketing for you. And it's IMPOSSIBLE not to sleep with bosses or directors if you want to get the big break you are looking for. This is true in show businesses anywhere, maybe except Singapore.

Fann didn't make it. Whatever limited success she had was due to mediacorpse pumping in money and support behind her.
Machiam those cross borders JV productions.....i always cringe when when i see the locals opposite their Taiwanese or prc counterparts. In terms of acting looks star qualify etc.....everything lose. Only when opposite mudland actors they can probably hold their own.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore actress or actors has no future unless you are outside singapore you got a chance.

Be some rich man mistress is better than local actress.:biggrin:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only when opposite mudland actors they can probably hold their own.

I'm not too sure about that either. Internationally, M'sia has produced the likes of Michelle Yeoh and Angelica Lee. Locally, our all-time Mediacock best actor Xie Shaoguang is a M'sian. The guy who nabbed Fann is also M'sian. The 2015 Best Actor award also went to another M'sian Shaun Chen.

What are we good at?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not too sure about that either. Internationally, M'sia has produced the likes of Michelle Yeoh and Angelica Lee. Locally, our all-time Mediacock best actor Xie Shaoguang is a M'sian. The guy who nabbed Fann is also M'sian. The 2015 Best Actor award also went to another M'sian Shaun Chen.

What are we good at?

Yes you are right.
I was just comparing those Sg Malaysian JV drama serials when actors from both sides acted together.
Mediacorpse probably only choose those mudland actors that they know can't outshine their own

steveaustin316

Alfrescian
Loyal

What are we good at?

I fully agree with The_Hypocrite. We have Annabelle Chong.
now, we hv QYF, very famous what, always in the news.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I fully agree with The_Hypocrite. We have Annabelle Chong.
now, we hv QYF, very famous what, always in the news.

QYF only can thrive here where's there no talent.
She go back to homeland taiwan she Machiam wallpaper.....her so called quick wit and good command mandarin no fight with her Taiwanese counterparts.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's movie industry is zilch, and that is probably what Ann is driving at. There is only one director, one franchise movie series - Jack Neo. And Jack is not exactly Jacky Chan, though they share one common interest, or should I say, one common scandal.

With a thriving movie industry, there will be big players in the market. However famous a director you may be, you need big sponsorship to shoot a movie. That's the real marketplace for budding actresses and laoteekoh of big corporations. For Ann, it's "hero who lacks a stage to showcase his martial art skills".

If the entertainment circle is run by one dominant TV station, as in TVB in Hong Kong or Mediacorp in Singapore, it's the TV station that calls the shot. For they don't really need sponsorship from laoteekoh to shoot a drama.