• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Idiot woman goes swimming in huge surf and almost drowns - saved by Ang Mohs!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ang Mohs are the best!

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...a/news-story/1dc921005909501b4f2709b945569fa3

THE terrifying moment a drowning woman was saved by off-duty lifeguards at Sydney’s Bronte Beach was captured by nearby photographers.

Dramatic images capture the rescue from beginning to end, from the moment the female swimmer begins to get crushed by the dangerous waves and soon realises she is in serious trouble.
Thankfully, surf lifesavers Andrew Reid and Troy Stewart had arrived to begin their shift at 7am on Thursday and spotted the struggling swimmer in the surf.

The woman, a Sydneysider her rescuers identified only as ‘Susy’, was throwing up her hands in the air in an attempt to alert onlookers for help.

Getty photographer Jenny Evans — who captured an incredible collection of pictures of the dramatic rescue — told news.com.au she was down at the beach trying to catch shots of the surf and whales like she does every morning.

She said it was a rough morning on the water, even by Bronte’s standards.

“I was trying to get some shots of the big surf, but then I heard a loud scream,” she said.

She knew something wasn’t right when she scanned the beach to see a young woman being swept out by a dangerously strong current.

“It was so frightening because, at first, I thought it was a child and I thought ‘what should I do?” she said.

Jenny said the waves were “insane” and ‘Susy’ was the only person swimming. Worryingly, the distressed swimmer was in a section of the beach, near the swimming pool, which is usually calm and used by children.

“Everyone acted really quickly when they heard her and they started screaming for help,” she said.

“She managed to get on her feet, but then she was swept away again.

“It was so distressing to see her go under. There was a moment when I thought ‘she’s gone’. “She was so lucky there were lifeguards there because nobody can swim in that kind of water.”

Subscribe to news.com.au’s From The Newsroom podcast through iTunes

f213155e858ca2419d05348b07d98aa3

A woman screams for help as she is caught in a rip at Bronte Beach in Sydney, Australia. Picture: Jenny Evans/GettySource:Getty Images
One of the lifeguards involved in the rescue said the conditions where atrocious.

“I had just walked in at 6.55am and a fellow lifeguard turned up because we start at 7am,” Mr Reid told the Daily Mail Australia.

“We were actually just looking out and checking the conditions to see how we would set up the beach and a massive set rolled in and I actually joked I wouldn’t want to be out in that today.”

In the photos, Mr Stewart can be seen thrashing through the water to reach the woman, who was screaming for help in between waves. It is thought she was taking an early morning swim and got swept out too far from the shore.

8c6cf952d12b223165381560c99b17b4

Two people are assisted out of the water after being caught in the dangerous swell at Bronte. Picture: Jenny Evans/GettySource:Getty Images
791f386f9403c1560ce16c3131a9cbea

Surf lifesaver Andrew Reid helped save the swimmer. Picture: Jenny Evans/GettySource:Getty Images
The heart-stopping images show Mr Stewart reach the flailing woman as she begins to sink below the surface of the water.

“I’ve seen a lot of people drown and I can say I think she was going under for the last time,” his colleague told the publication.

“But then Troy got to her and pulled her up, it was amazing to see.”

Mr Reid later explained that his fellow lifeguard used the strong rip to get to the woman as quickly as possible, before assisting her back to the safety of the shore on the front of his paddle board.

3935cf77bb9ef001ff3d933810acb6e0

The woman was brought to shore on a paddle board. Picture: Jenny Evans/GettySource:Getty Images
8b0667c72d2d0afcdba78c1eee494d47

Surf lifesavers brought the woman back to the safety of dry land. Picture: Jenny Evans/GettySource:Getty Images
At the same moment, another rescue was going on nearby; a male swimmer, who had bravely tried to reach the drowning woman, soon needed rescuing himself.

Bondi Rescue lifeguard Anthony Carroll pulled the man from the water before turning back for the female swimmer to see if he could help his colleagues.

Another guard, Wally Eggleton, was also on hand to assist in the woman’s rescue.

Witnesses also helped to pull her out of the water after she was finally ashore.

aa2ee39ce5723579675876cc7c9c495a

The unidentified woman was pulled to shore by lifeguards. Picture: Jenny Evans/GettySource:Getty Images
Mr Reid added that the woman is a “very lucky lady” and was extremely grateful to the lifeguards for saving her life.

The woman was reportedly heard saying “thank you so much” as she was carried up the beach for further medical attention.

“She had two of the country’s best surf swimmers at the beach this morning, Troy Stewart and Wally Eggleton,” he added.

Suzy was taken to hospital due to possible salt water remaining in her lungs, as reported by The Australian. Known as “secondary drowning”, it can cause sufferers to drown in their sleep if not properly cleared.

8d3204db8b92580ea2af867269798970

Guards said the woman was extremely lucky. Picture: Jenny Evans/GettySource:Getty Images
a562b6dd5779e35a6505429069ffefb5

A number of factors contributed to the woman’s successful rescue, according to lifesavers. Picture: Jenny Evans/GettySource:Getty Images
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a surf warning as enormous waves continue to hit the NSW coast. The hazardous conditions are expected to render many coastal activities such as rock fishing, boating, and swimming too dangerous

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Ang Mohs are willing to risk their lives to save inferior races. That is why I maintain that they are the best!

Sinkie lifeguard standards...Lol :biggrin:

Parents in near-drowning said lifeguards could have done better
NP_20180712_KLPOOL12NTTP_4129763.jpg
Aqil Yusuf was admitted to National University Hospital after he nearly drowned at Bukit Batok Swimming Complex (above). PHOTOS: FACEBOOK, MUHAMMAD KHAIR
PreviousNext
  1. NP_20180712_KLPOOL12NTTP_4129763.jpg
  2. NP_20180712_KLPOOL12_4129762.jpg
Boy's parents, who are trained in first aid, say lifeguards did not take charge of situation

Kimberly Lim

Jul 12, 2018 06:00 amHe had told his five-year-old son Aqil Yusuf to stay on the steps of the swimming pool while he helped his wife change their toddler into her swimming attire.

But when Mr Muhammad Khair turned around a few seconds later, the boy was no longer there.

Instead, he was floating face down in the middle of the training pool.
"My wife was holding our toddler and shouting to get the lifeguards' attention," said Mr Muhammad, 38, a technician.

"My son's face was blue and he was foaming in the mouth after I pulled him out of the pool."

The incident happened at about 5.30pm last Thursday at the Bukit Batok Swimming Complex.

CPR

Mr Muhammad, who is first-aid trained, performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on his son.

A video clip of him doing that, while surrounded by three lifeguards, has garnered around 200,000 views on Facebook.

He managed to revive his son, who was then taken to National University Hospital.

But netizens who had seen the video criticised the couple for being negligent and inattentive to their child.

The couple admitted they should not have left their boy unsupervised and without a proper floating device, but they also added that the lifeguards on duty could have done better to help them by taking charge of the situation.
According to the boy's mother, they did not act confidently and appeared unsure of how to set up the automated external defibrillator (AED) after her husband pulled their son out of the pool, even though they eventually managed to do so.

Madam Haniza, a housewife who is also first-aid certified, told The New Paper on Sunday: "I heard them asking one another where the AED was and how to set it up, which caused me to panic even more.

"After my husband resuscitated our boy, one of the lifeguards asked me if we still wanted to call for an ambulance, even though it is protocol to call for an ambulance while CPR is being performed."

Asked to comment on the incident, a spokesman for Sport Singapore, which manages public pools, said that once they had been alerted of the incident, their lifeguards immediately resuscitated the boy while a guest officer called for an ambulance according to protocol.

The spokesman added: "We will be doing a review to enhance the level of service provided to our users."

Mr Patrick Lee, 46, who runs Lifeguard Singapore, said: "Lifeguards need to be professional enough to operate any medical devices they have on site."
He also emphasised the need for parents keep a close watch on young children.

"Anything can happen within seconds, and things can happen like water entering the lungs, preventing children from calling for help," he said.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sinkie lifeguard standards...Lol :biggrin:

Parents in near-drowning said lifeguards could have done better
NP_20180712_KLPOOL12NTTP_4129763.jpg
Aqil Yusuf was admitted to National University Hospital after he nearly drowned at Bukit Batok Swimming Complex (above). PHOTOS: FACEBOOK, MUHAMMAD KHAIR
PreviousNext
  1. NP_20180712_KLPOOL12NTTP_4129763.jpg
  2. NP_20180712_KLPOOL12_4129762.jpg
Boy's parents, who are trained in first aid, say lifeguards did not take charge of situation

Kimberly Lim

Jul 12, 2018 06:00 amHe had told his five-year-old son Aqil Yusuf to stay on the steps of the swimming pool while he helped his wife change their toddler into her swimming attire.

But when Mr Muhammad Khair turned around a few seconds later, the boy was no longer there.

Instead, he was floating face down in the middle of the training pool.
"My wife was holding our toddler and shouting to get the lifeguards' attention," said Mr Muhammad, 38, a technician.

"My son's face was blue and he was foaming in the mouth after I pulled him out of the pool."

The incident happened at about 5.30pm last Thursday at the Bukit Batok Swimming Complex.

CPR

Mr Muhammad, who is first-aid trained, performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on his son.

A video clip of him doing that, while surrounded by three lifeguards, has garnered around 200,000 views on Facebook.

He managed to revive his son, who was then taken to National University Hospital.

But netizens who had seen the video criticised the couple for being negligent and inattentive to their child.

The couple admitted they should not have left their boy unsupervised and without a proper floating device, but they also added that the lifeguards on duty could have done better to help them by taking charge of the situation.
According to the boy's mother, they did not act confidently and appeared unsure of how to set up the automated external defibrillator (AED) after her husband pulled their son out of the pool, even though they eventually managed to do so.

Madam Haniza, a housewife who is also first-aid certified, told The New Paper on Sunday: "I heard them asking one another where the AED was and how to set it up, which caused me to panic even more.

"After my husband resuscitated our boy, one of the lifeguards asked me if we still wanted to call for an ambulance, even though it is protocol to call for an ambulance while CPR is being performed."

Asked to comment on the incident, a spokesman for Sport Singapore, which manages public pools, said that once they had been alerted of the incident, their lifeguards immediately resuscitated the boy while a guest officer called for an ambulance according to protocol.

The spokesman added: "We will be doing a review to enhance the level of service provided to our users."

Mr Patrick Lee, 46, who runs Lifeguard Singapore, said: "Lifeguards need to be professional enough to operate any medical devices they have on site."
He also emphasised the need for parents keep a close watch on young children.

"Anything can happen within seconds, and things can happen like water entering the lungs, preventing children from calling for help," he said.

Singapore should hire some Ang Moh life guards to train the locals.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lifeguard just finish bakuteh meal so they felt obligated not to contaminate the sensitive races' spiritual integrity by minimising contact. Such considerate lifeguards. Deserving of a long draw of ice cold lager!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

What sort of ugly loser wears a t-shirt into the sea or swimming pool?

I thought the dress code for australian beaches is just a bottom. Religious fundies who are destined for hell fire are taking over the beaches too?

bc8fdb00e79c3adfb15d5bc426c2a148

0d18a09527cb47195182a544a2633f06

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What sort of ugly loser wears a t-shirt into the sea or swimming pool?

I thought the dress code for australian beaches is just a bottom. Religious fundies who are destined for hell fire are taking over the beaches too?

bc8fdb00e79c3adfb15d5bc426c2a148

0d18a09527cb47195182a544a2633f06
was'nt a modesty issue, as the chink wore a t-since there was nothing to show for, except two raisins that wouldn't have raised the hunks' awareness in their trunks. now, as for the aussie females, the boobs did raise some stares and stirred his loins that's apparent in the last pic, as that guy's hands kept his dick in check - down under! :redface: