• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ICA says paying for Indentity Card makes you a proud owner of the card

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ICA: Paying for Pink IC Makes Singaporeans Feel “Pride and Ownership”
ace7bb64dd9e80df32aedc404835b207

http://redwiretimes.com/singapore-i...ingaporeans-feel-pride-and-ownership/#respond

How can we make Singaporeans feel proud of holding their pink identity cards?
Follow that rainbow aside, the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore believes that making us pay for new NRICs does the trick.

Or in the words of an ICA spokesman:
“We believe that a system where the applicant pays a small sum is better: It brings a stronger sense of pride and ownership of the card.”

The ICA was responding to a letter by veteran journalist Bertha Henson, published by Today.

Ms Henson said that she will be reaching 55 soon – the age when it is mandatory to apply for a new NRIC – and baulks at the idea of paying for a NRIC.

“As a Singaporean who has never had to pay for her IC in her life, I was flabbergasted. For me, it’s not a question of affordability. It is about what this payment smacks of — a transaction to re-affirm your citizenship.”

Ms Henson added:
“I didn’t ask to have my IC changed and while any added security features are welcomed, I didn’t ask for them either. ICA said that the cost is subsidised for citizens, but my question is why a fee should even be levied for a replacement card. The State should underwrite the cost and not demand co-payment for something as fundamental to our citizenship as our precious pink IC.”
The ICA said it subsidises most of the cost of replacing a NRIC:

“The cost of replacing an NRIC is about S$60. Citizens pay S$10 and the balance of S$50 is subsidised. PRs pay a higher fee of S$50.”
And, it added that making Singaporeans pay a fee makes us feel more “pride and ownership” of our NRIC.
Currently, Singaporeans and PRs are required to register for their NRICs at age 15, and re-register at age 30 to update their photographs and identity information.
Since 1 January 2017, Singaporeans and PRS were made to re-register their NRIC at the age of 55.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure, the same you pay for the PAP, your PRIDE & their OWNERSHIP over you.. ha ha ha ha. So nice excuse, just to earn some or make some money from you. Just say, you pay for my designer office chairs etc..improvement in services etc.. you just pay & shut up, don't ask.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
“The cost of replacing an NRIC is about S$60. Citizens pay S$10 and the balance of S$50 is subsidised. PRs pay a higher fee of S$50.”
KNN if you lost it it will be full cost KNN but the actual cost is around $0.50 cents for the lazy admin and ica make $9.50 and $59.50 respectively KNN

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
“The cost of replacing an NRIC is about S$60

but why if we lost our Nric

we need to pay $100

nbcb, ICA jiak our $40 ah ???

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with collecting more money? :confused:
[/QUOTE]

collecting more money is not wrong

sinkies paying more money is cheating

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
John Tan will pay $6900 for a new IC to prove his patriotism to the PAP.
i like this idea of elite ic's for elites in sg. platinum plated, has customized alphanumeric numbers such as "papisdabest", carries pap logo, and embossed with papa's underwear imprint. can go anywhere in sg and get vvip treatment. no need to pay for parking. heck, can park and fuck anywhere. go to a high ses restaurant during peak hours without reservation? no problem. just wave your elite ic and maître d' will seat you at the table of your choice.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
They should have different types of IC cards.

Give people choice.

Eg

Platinum IC
Gold IC
Black IC
Green IC
Silver IC
Pink IC (cheapest)
Custom limited edition only 100
Custome Limited Edition only 1000

Price it differently.

Cash cow for government