• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ICA forcing me to renounce Australian citizenship

destroyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, ICA has been corresponding with me over the last few months and the basic message is this renounce Australian citizenship or renounce Singaporean citizenship.

For reasons unknown, I would rather renounce Australian citizenship than to renounce Singaporean citizenship. I have been an Australian citizen for 8 years now since 2010.

Are there any way to keep both singaporean citizenship and australian citizenship? please help a noob here. thanks!

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
How did ICA find out? So, it's not true S'pore is tolerant of dual citizenship. No more keeping an open mind about it.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, ICA has been corresponding with me over the last few months and the basic message is this renounce Australian citizenship or renounce Singaporean citizenship.

For reasons unknown, I would rather renounce Australian citizenship than to renounce Singaporean citizenship. I have been an Australian citizen for 8 years now since 2010.

Are there any way to keep both singaporean citizenship and australian citizenship? please help a noob here. thanks!

The question you got to ask yourself is ..... any extra benefits of being a Singaporean versus a Australian?

If you currently still have a HDB flat, then the question is answered.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know Singaporeans who hold two or more passports.And they remain absolutely low-key on this. Its all about the CPF money, I think. HDB has a big say as well. Just don't make an issue out of it. You can't win.

Cheers!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

What? You yourself dont know why but you would prefer to keep Sinkie citizenship? You don't know?

Incredible. A true sinkie.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
if that SG passport that enables you to travel to 100+ countries visa is important to you, then drop Aussie lor.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will keep Aussie citizenship instead. Sinkapore citizenship is useless. Sell off all your assets and run road.

absolutely as being Aussies has so many benefits whereas none in singapore. Just look at the elderly in both countries, Aussie elderly has good pension and free healthcare whereas singapore elderly works in macdonald, food court and cleaners in public toilets....world of dfference hor

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only reason you should keep sinkie citizenship is to use your votes to kick the pap out. But then will your one vote mean anything to the sheep or lemmings here?
If you do not vote here then what's the point-why go to OZ in the first place.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkieland wud be a 100x better than Aussie land once Sinkies get rid of the Blood Sucking PAP. Just wait till the next erection results b4 u make ur decision, who noes PAP might be no more and the lees forced to run road.

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has happened in the end ?

Have you renounced or were you able to come to an alternative resolution ?

Did you hear from ICA since ?

Last edited:

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has happened in this situation , in the end ?

Has there a solution or resolution in sight since the original posted his/her situation ?

IndoMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once ICA finds out its difficult to do anything about it really. I have relatives who hold dual citizenship, but they avoid suspicion by using different passports for entry and exit to/from Singapore (not sure about the logic of it).

Are you married ? If your wife is also holding dual citizenship, you can give up your Australian citizenship while your wife can continue holding the Australian citizenship. Where do you currently work ? Australia or Singapore ? Do you have adequate health insurance coverage in Singapore ? Medication and outpatient treatments are generally lower in Australia than in Singapore.