• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat I wonder if Shopee is trying to SWINDLE people's coins.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if Shopee is trying to SWINDLE people's coins.

If the item was paid for in 30% coins (as per allowed protocol), but the parcel was not delivered, the buyer can only request a max cash refund of 70% (very odd correct, usually the platform should allow 100% refund and then prorate the refund in cash/coins as originally paid).

I have spoken to shopee agents and have been advised that when the maximum (70%) cash claimable is requested, this implies that the parcel was not received at all or lost during shipment etc. Both the cash and coins will be automatically refunded. However, agent also admitted that sometimes the system has hiccups and the coins fail to get refunded and the cash less so.

Isn't this blatant cheating of unsuspecting customers?

Also, when a partial refund is requested on an item type, even if it is like 10% damaged or missing, all the rebate coins are forfeited. Shopee really should stop cheating its buyers this way or discourage buyers from requesting refunds for missing or damaged items.

Otherwise, Shopee will attract all the unscrupulous sellers who will leverage upon the shopee defective (? dishonest?) , unfair and error prone platform to cheat unwitting buyers.

The shopee platform will be shunned by buyers because it will have a bad reputation of assisting sellers to cheat buyers money or sell sub standard goods to unsuspecting buyers etc by discouraging buyers to seek recourse due to a nebulous and inefficient customer service/review process.

* 'coins' are the equivalent of shopee tokens which can be earned by rebates from buying shopee platform items online, playing games, buying shopee lottery to win big ticket items and the lottery cost rebated to buyers accojnt etc. 1 coin =1¢ and up to 1000 coins can be spent/24hours and maximum of 30% in coins can be used to pay for items ordered.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd realized that Shopee are always partial towards their Sellers. Lazada is more impartial in their claims and judgement.