• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"I will never want to work for a local company again."

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
The labour law penalises those companies which terminates the service of a female staff when she is pregnant and the amount of compensation depends on the period of pregnancy.

However at the other side, we must also take note that many businesses are burdened by interruptions caused to their operations when a staff takes a long leave. With the high cost of conducting business here, I would not be surpised the prevalence of such acts espcially by SMEs that are restricted by costs.

Women who are planning to set up a family should also be realistic in their aspirations as once you have decided on bringing up a family, there will be a trade off between career and family. One should not feel that being left behind in the rat race at work relates to being a loser. In fact they should feel proud that they are able to bring up the children and yet contribute some income to the family.

On the govt side, it is a good move for them to provide recognition to organisations that support a balanced lifestyle between family and work. In the long run with a more sophisticated workforce and mobility caused by improvements in technology more and more companies would try to gain such recognition in order to attract the best talents.

jw5

Loyal
the fact is mothers have to be realistic lah. pple are hired to work, not to take care of their babies. sorry man. while I do not condon sacking pple due to their being pregnant, I am aghast at women complaining of not getting promoted despite spending less time at work (cos they have to take care of their baby).

the world does not stop for anyone. it will keep on turning and turning.
Some of these working mothers behave as if they are doing a favour for their employers by giving birth.
Get real. They of course have the right to give birth and their maternity leave, but be prepared to be left behind when the promotions and bonuses are being handed out, unless they are super-employees when not at work.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is expected as the company has to pay the woman 2 months of maternity benefits, the rest come from the government . if the gahmen is serious about having more babies, they shld foot 100%

david

Alfrescian
Loyal
'I will never want to work for a local company again. And I don't want to have any more children. The experience has really left me jaded.'

With the changes (16 weeks leave, 6 months no firing), you may now consider working for a local company :biggrin:
<!-- / message -->