• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I waited more than 40 minutes for bus

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May 27, 2010

What happened to bus service 97?

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->LAST Friday, I waited more than 40 minutes for both bus service 97 and 97E at the bus stop in front of The Fullerton hotel. The routes of the two services were prominently displayed on the noticeboard at the bus stop.
I was on my way to a meeting in the Millenia Tower vicinity and was told that the bus was the fastest and most convenient mode of transportation to get there.
The SBS Transit hotline number was also listed on the noticeboard, so I called to confirm that the services were still running.
I was greeted by the usual recorded message advising me to key in a number and wait for a customer service officer. I followed the instructions and was greeted by a short ringing tone and, unbelievably, the same recorded message all over again.
As the buses never came, I ended up having to take a taxi which cost me $10 due to the peak hour surcharge. I later discovered that my colleague had a similar experience.
Has bus service 97 been terminated? If it has, then the bus company has acted irresponsibly in leading commuters to believe that the service still exists. If it has not, can the company explain the irregular schedule of the service, especially during the peak hour period?
Jerome Loi

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Err.. waiting for a bus for 40 mins need to make it a news?

Is that a new sinkie mindset?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
cb kia tonychat,

any man in spore is better than u becos :

1) u r an ex-convict
2) u r an OKT
3) u married a prostitute
4) u married a ladyboy
5) u r stupid
6) u fail psle english exam
7) u r fat
8) u r ugly
9) u r bald
10) ur height is 149cm

:oIo::oIo:

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
cb kia tonychat,

any man in spore is better than u becos :

1) u r an ex-convict
2) u r an OKT
3) u married a prostitute
4) u married a ladyboy
5) u r stupid
6) u fail psle english exam
7) u r fat
8) u r ugly
9) u r bald
10) ur height is 149cm

:oIo::oIo:

he's also a habitual liar.

Mighty Megatron

Alfrescian
Loyal
May 27, 2010

What happened to bus service 97?

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->LAST Friday, I waited more than 40 minutes for both bus service 97 and 97E at the bus stop in front of The Fullerton hotel. The routes of the two services were prominently displayed on the noticeboard at the bus stop.
I was on my way to a meeting in the Millenia Tower vicinity and was told that the bus was the fastest and most convenient mode of transportation to get there.

As the buses never came, I ended up having to take a taxi which cost me $10 due to the peak hour surcharge. I later discovered that my colleague had a similar experience.
Jerome Loi

This Jerome Loi must either be real stupid or downright lazy. The distance from the Fullerton to Millenia Tower is within walking distant.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>I was on my way to a meeting in the Millenia Tower vicinity and was told that the bus was the fastest and most convenient mode of transportation to get there.<<

How can a bus be the fastest and most convenient mode of transportation if one can take a cab? Talking cock is it?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Jerome Loi must either be real stupid or downright lazy. The distance from the Fullerton to Millenia Tower is within walking distant.

side of fullerton Bldg, use cavenagh bridge, then right underpass, traverse Queen Elizabeth walk ( Esplandae), walk towards The explandade, use the pedestrian crossing to marina squar, go through the building, by the taxi stand cross over to milielina walk..

by train Raffles Place to City Hall to D Ghaut, circle line to promenade right below Milielia walk...

all have to use bus number '11'...that is why Jerome, die must try 97...there used to be another service i think it was 87..or something...heavens! help you, if you are late for your appt at where jerome is heading & you thinking that it is short distance by bus....but the bus takes more than 40 mins to arrive...the year 2010 nothing had changed...

:o

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err.. waiting for a bus for 40 mins need to make it a news?

Is that a new sinkie mindset?

Thais travel hours to work by boat, train, etc. But I don't see anything in the Bangkok Post.

But Singapore's transport system is touted to be world-class, and it is a small city after all unlike Hong Kong, Los Angeles, NYC, Sydney and the others so locally this sort of performance put out by a monopoly transport service is totally unacceptable.

jw5

Loyal
>>I was on my way to a meeting in the Millenia Tower vicinity and was told that the bus was the fastest and most convenient mode of transportation to get there.<<

How can a bus be the fastest and most convenient mode of transportation if one can take a cab? Talking cock is it?
It would be the fastest if he assumed that the moment he reached the bus stop, the bus would arrive, and there would be no passengers boarding or alighting along the way.
As they say, assumption is the mother of all ____________.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It would be the fastest if he assumed that the moment he reached the bus stop, the bus would arrive, and there would be no passengers boarding or alighting along the way.
As they say, assumption is the mother of all ___SINKIE________.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
As they say, assumption is the mother of all ____________.

That's an ideal situation, but it's too ideal. Or a chance situation. It's also like saying you can do anything you want assuming you are alone in this world.

So the thing is, don't ass-u-me. Because if you do, you are clearly making an ass out of you and me.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
As they say, assumption is the mother of all ___SINKIESSSSS________.

Pulling their heads out of their asses can be considered a full-time job. :biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the reason could be the employment of PRC bus driver ge ges. this breed is known to take it easy and slow motion. back in china, they are also known to take "beauty sleep" which is vital to them if the passengers's safety is not jeopardized. lacking of sleep, might cause another accident. or they can simply drive the bus into the longkang and then reasoning that they lack sleep:(

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
another less conspicuous reasoning would be: they were hinted to purposely go slow so that the "transferring time" has expired. this in turn would help SBS/SMRT/TIBS to increease their profit margins.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i share with u a very ludicrous but fuming situation.

i once waited for almost 30 mins. when the bus fnally came, it didnt stop even though i waved frantically at it. it could be i was the ONLY commuter at the bus stop then. i continued to wait for about another 20 mins. this time, the bus stopped but the tranfser timing had expired and i had to pay a full fare.

i emailed to complain to SBS. they only replied they would "counsel" the driver. and that was about it.:mad:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
another less conspicuous reasoning would be: they were hinted to purposely go slow so that the "transferring time" has expired. this in turn would help SBS/SMRT/TIBS to increease their profit margins.

In theory, SMRT does not need to be profitable to be viable .
Meaning their survivability does not depends on your number of rides with them .

So in return bus drivers does not need to stop for you if he does not fancy so .

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
If plan a fails than proceed with plan b,why do we have to compare ourselves with bangkok. The traffice jams in bangkok is horrendous, I remembered reading somewhere that those thais staying at the outskirt of bangkok had to wait up at 3/4am in the morning to avoid the jams in bangkok.