• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I think most pilots (90%) will fail to handle plane @ emergency, just like 90% drivers of land vehicles!

Shut Up you are Not MM

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the big difference is when you are few km above, there is no emergency stop, you are dead!

Only 10% with talent and experience like had been war veteran pilots - flying planes that gets shot at all the time, losing engine, losing rudder, losing parts of the wings, got bullet holes in cockpit, got fuel tank shot leaking, got hydraulic & fuel pipe burst from missiles, only these pilots can past handling emergencies.

The Chow Ang Moh who managed to land in Hudson River when airplane gone CB was a combat aircraft veteran pilot who survived his wars.

There are many cases of wings getting frozen full of ice from cloud moisture. Killed many many.

Most land vehicle drivers , for cars, vans, taxis, bus, trucks, MRT, motorbikes, are going to fail emergency handling. e.g. you suddenly burst a tire, your power-steering fucked to the Left/ Right by itself, you gearbox suck in wrong gear, your engine caught fire, your wheel shaft broke and your wheel left you! Your ABS starts to jam break on one wheel, your penultimate failed your break jammed, your tyre (common for bus & truck long distance) caught fire, breaks burnt away (common for all heavy vehicles going down slops from mountain roads)

You think most drivers can handle these? NO WAY!

Just only 10% can, but they may still survive because they are not few kilometers in the sky that is the big diff.

Shut Up you are Not MM

Alfrescian
Loyal
You any how randomly pick 1000 pilots and put them all to fly simulators, simulating engine failures, rudder failure or instrument cock up, see if they can do emergency water landing without dying, I think 90% are dead. Worse if in actual emergency and real distress. You can expect some pilots to literally die of heart attack instantly when real shit happened.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
You any how randomly pick 1000 pilots and put them all to fly simulators, simulating engine failures, rudder failure or instrument cock up, see if they can do emergency water landing without dying, I think 90% are dead. Worse if in actual emergency and real distress. You can expect some pilots to literally die of heart attack instantly when real shit happened.
I think it's standard for all pilots to go for test every 6 months. The simulator will simulate all emergencies etc ..if they fail its game over...tat is why these guys are soo stress. And there is only soo much training one can do. If the plane totally fails...pilots can only do soo much..

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's standard for all pilots to go for test every 6 months. The simulator will simulate all emergencies etc ..if they fail its game over...tat is why these guys are soo stress. And there is only soo much training one can do. If the plane totally fails...pilots can only do soo much..

Routine Kay-Loong procedures all Wayang one! Just like all the buildings annual Fire Drills. Ring bell ask people to assemble downstairs..... Waste time. When REAL FIRE or 911 hit then you see what the fuck happens! Day Day Kee EVERYTHING COCKUP! 99% Big Garbra. Many up lorry!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

How you know they are so stress due to what? I know my ex boss would go on diet before the test to pass the health test indicators.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Routine Kay-Loong procedures all Wayang one! Just like all the buildings annual Fire Drills. Ring bell ask people to assemble downstairs..... Waste time. When REAL FIRE or 911 hit then you see what the fuck happens! Day Day Kee EVERYTHING COCKUP! 99% Big Garbra. Many up lorry!
Maybe tat singkieland standards but I have heard otherwise

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya it’s just safer to have pilots aka drivers that are more well trained. Something like the difference between taxi driver and Uber driver.

Shut Up you are Not MM

Alfrescian
Loyal

A whole lot of routine tests / inspections are FAKED, and all made to pass 99.99 % of people to get renewed certifications.

Health hygiene test for food industry employee for example. Not strict at all. Fitness checks for taxi driver licensee, Uber Drivers, Bus Drivers, all same.

CB VD HIV test for sex workers same same.

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's natural reaction to panic when in distress. and once you panic, you lose control of yourself and everything around you

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The captain of the Lion airline flight was only 31 years old. An Indian national. How much experience can a pilot have at 31 years of age? And he was the captain!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The captain of the Lion airline flight was only 31 years old. An Indian national. How much experience can a pilot have at 31 years of age? And he was the captain!
LOL a pilot captain is like a bus captain. Not much meaning. Everyone becomes a captain after ten years or so from what I know. It’s not like director or Vp or ceo, only one out of many become ceo after ten years.