• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I pity the Indian Lady in Hougang BE case. Her lawyer must be nuts

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was never mentioned in any publications, including Andrew Low's Publichouse, who valiantly publicises the case on the internet (despite the rumour that he has PAP's fundings), that Mdm Vellama has issues with bank's mortgage installments. It is a clear cut case that the freedom defenders had other higher aspirations.If she has problems with bank mortgage from the beginning, presumbly for her HDB flat, then fighting in court should not be her priority. What is her lawyer thinking?

If she is lending from the bank for her HDB loan, then somebody surely has to ask what happened to her previous HDB loans. Nobody did.

When TREmeritus published this article, they are pointing the cannon back at M Ravi, his associates and the various internet mediums who had helped publicise the case.

I pity her.She's being used for others to gain. Good Luck to her.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/10/0...n-respect-of-hougang-by-election-case-appeal/

Mdm Vellama, who had tried to get the High Court to declare that the Prime Minister does not have “unfettered discretion” over whether and when to call a by-election, is appealing for contributions towards her legal fund.

Mdm Vellama is appealing against a High Court’s decision on 1st August which dismissed her earlier Judicial Review application [LINK]. The appeal has been filed on 16th August by her lawyer, Mr M Ravi.

In her letter which was forwarded by Mr M Ravi to TR Emeritus (TRE), Mdm Vellama said that the reason for her taking this course of action (appealing) is because “I wish the powers that be to accept that we in Singapore live in a representative

democracy and that elections are at the heart of the system”.

“In the past the Government acted dictatorially in not holding by elections when MP seats became vacant. This has always been a sour point with me and so I embarked on legal action. I am at least satisfied – despite and before the judgment of the

High Court on 1 August 2012 – the Prime Minister decided to hold the by election. I have little doubt that my action had something to do with the PM’s decision.”

However, Mdm Vellama said, as a low-wage earner, a mother of 2 children and with a diabetic sister and a sick and aged mother on wheelchair to support, she could never (from the outset) afford the quite prohibitive legal fees which would have been and

were involved.

“Without the assistance of the one lawyer in Singapore who would take on challenging cases like this, Mr M Ravi, I would not have got this far. Needless to say he has absorbed all of the legal fees and has conducted proceedings on a pro bono

basis. God will bless him for that!”

Since it has now reached the appeal stage, Mdm Vellama added, “Even Mr M Ravi’s ability and resources to absorb future legal fees have become extremely limited… Mr Ravi runs a practice with the usual overheads and, as we all know, mine is not the only

pro bono case he does”.

As such, Mdm Vellama noted “that unless future legal fees are paid for, the appeal is in jeopardy and may have to be abandoned”.

Additionally, Mdm Vellama said that there are two further developments which have made matters worse, in that:

(a) There is a cost hearing on the case on 8 Oct 2012 to require Mdm Vellama to, possibly, pay substantial amounts in costs; and

(b) Mdm Vellama’s mortgage bank is taking enforcement action against her on the HDB mortgage at this time (so coincidentally).

Signing off, Mdm Vellama said:

“It is under these circumstances that I make this appeal to members of the public who value our democratic rights to assist by contributing to my Legal Assistance Fund, which I have set up for this purpose.”

It has been estimated that a sum of $50,000 is required to cover the appeal court filings, cost of the appeal process and the potential payments after the cost hearing on 8 Oct with regard to previous High Court suits filed by Mdm Vellama.

Mdm Vellama is represented by Mr M Ravi from the law firm of Messer L. F. Violet Netto and all enquiries should be directed to Mr M Ravi ([email protected]).

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone knew from day 1 that she is a straw litigant. Her husband is a certified alcoholic. Ravi has always been led by the nose by hidden hands.

What is happening now in terms of the donation appeal is tantamount to cheating.

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....I am at least satisfied – despite and before the judgment of the High Court on 1 August 2012 – the Prime Minister decided to hold the by election. I have little doubt that my action had something to do with the PM’s decision.”

Madam would have thought that the Sun rises every morning because the cock crows. Problem is, there are no cocks now in Hougang housing estate or any other estates. So it must be an illusion.

The only cock that I know is the one who brought her to court in the belief that a part-time sweeper could bring down a PM or a government. It would be historic and of world-wide proportion. It's worth a gamble. The cock would stand proud and cock-a-doodle-doo every morning at the Universe.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vellama can do a tell-all book on who prompted her to initiate the litigation and follow CSJ's example by selling copies at Raffles Place. Very soon Raffles Place will become an unofficial book bazaar.:biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My take on this
1)Mdm Vellama was more likely than not, tricked into going into the case by pple who have political agenda. She was probably promised she either will not lose or won't have to pay even if she loss. It would have been highly unlikely that she would have gone into this if she had to pay anything

2)Main culprit probably M Ravi or someone close who convinced both to take up the case

3)TRE as usual is trying to work up the emotions of the bunch of idiots who are actually dumb enough to read that site. Instead of doing that it would be far more productive of them to force M Ravi or the original instigator(if any) to be paying for Mdm Vellama instead

At the end of the day, all parties are getting screwed by WP's screw up and some asshole making use of an innocent

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone knew from day 1 that she is a straw litigant. Her husband is a certified alcoholic. Ravi has always been led by the nose by hidden hands.

What is happening now in terms of the donation appeal is tantamount to cheating.

not everyone knows. let's see how many would donate. i won't call that cheating. you often see fake beggars on the streets but there will always be those ignorant passer-bys who throw them a coin or two.

my blood pressure always go up whenever i see lawyer's itemised invoice.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take on this
1)Mdm Vellama was more likely than not, tricked into going into the case by pple who have political agenda. She was probably promised she either will not lose or won't have to pay even if she loss. It would have been highly unlikely that she would have gone into this if she had to pay anything

2)Main culprit probably M Ravi or someone close who convinced both to take up the case

3)TRE as usual is trying to work up the emotions of the bunch of idiots who are actually dumb enough to read that site. Instead of doing that it would be far more productive of them to force M Ravi or the original instigator(if any) to be paying for Mdm Vellama instead

At the end of the day, all parties are getting screwed by WP's screw up and some asshole making use of an innocent

It does not matter which party is in charge of that area. Low Thia Kiang was in charge of Hougang for 20 years. Can a MP's letter ward off the banks? Unless you are implying Low did not help.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
My understanding is that the donation appeal is just PR. There are already backers to foot the bill regardless of the amount.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My understanding is that the donation appeal is just PR. There are already backers to foot the bill regardless of the amount.

then many people are doing free PR knowingly or unknowingly for these group of people. i do not know how you look at the whole matter, but sadly democracy can be measured by money. PAP or not. This is the cold hard truth.

The end of the day,it is all about power and using the new generation of politically-conscious starved youngsters who think they are smarter just by spending time with all these new age websites like TOC, TREmeritus and the likes.

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
..... At the end of the day, all parties are getting screwed by WP's screw up and some asshole making use of an innocent

Lawyers are more politely called "sharks" rather than "asshole" internationally.

As many people like to say "they prey on the weak and wounded. Sharks often attack when they smell blood in the water or sense a distressed fish".

Of course the lawyers like to have the last words : they say sharks play an important role in the eco-system.

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pity her.She's being used for others to gain. Good Luck to her.

She is being used for the Workers’ Party to gain and was subsequently abandoned.

Without her challenging and upsetting the PAP aggressively and relentlessly in court, they might never even want to hold the Hougang by-election. PAP was ultimately forced to call an early by-election in Hougang so as to invalidate her court case and stop this embarrassing nightmare.

What did those 8 WP eunuchs do both inside and outside the parliament to challenge PAP for an early Hougang by-election? NONE.

They were utterly humiliated by PAP during parliament debate on the Hougang by-election issue. These 8 WP eunuchs were ridiculously impotent as this Yaw-gate scandal was caused by their very own irreversible moral corruption within the party leadership hierarchy.

These 8 WP eunuchs, (who boasted to be scholars, entrepreneurs, teachers, lawyers, co-drivers), are totally nothing and dysfunction compared to a lowly-educated ordinary cleaner.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
and you truly think PAP is squeaky clean. What planet are you in? It didn't matter who is in charge of her ward. When you take a bank loan for your HDB flat, you are on your own.

It is interesting to see how PAP is going to defend East Coast GRC next. I read on the internet that WP Gerald Giam made the effort to visit the islanders in Pulau Ubin. Did Lim Swee Say do that?

I wonder whether PAP has contigency plans for its PAP HQ building if WP wins East Coast GRC.

She is being used for the Workers’ Party to gain and was subsequently abandoned.

Without her challenging and upsetting the PAP aggressively and relentlessly in court, they might never even want to hold the Hougang by-election. PAP was ultimately forced to call an early by-election in Hougang so as to invalidate her court case and stop this embarrassing nightmare.

What did those 8 WP eunuchs do both inside and outside the parliament to challenge PAP for an early Hougang by-election? NONE.

They were utterly humiliated by PAP during parliament debate on the Hougang by-election issue. These 8 WP eunuchs were ridiculously impotent as this Yaw-gate scandal was caused by their very own irreversible moral corruption within the party leadership hierarchy.

These 8 WP eunuchs, (who boasted to be scholars, entrepreneurs, teachers, lawyers, co-drivers), are totally nothing and dysfunction compared to a lowly-educated ordinary cleaner.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

How dare you denigrate the blue PAP! :mad: