• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i need a new phone...recommedation please.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any phone expert here.. i am changing my mobile phone..and is looking at either LG Ku 990 or the Iphone.....

I have always had phones with very basic features... but would like one which offers me something different this time.. if got GPS even better..:biggrin:

Any other recommendation besides the LGku990 and iphone? budget below $400... and that will be my most expensive phone to date.... . if no need cash even better...:biggrin: :biggrin:

I do NOT recommend LG, all my experiences with LG has been crap...and i do not recommend Nokia too,,unless u get simple phone. If u consider Android and you want cheap, The Samsung Galaxy S is good. No problems with it,,just my 2 cents

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
vamjok said:
all my phone is zero dollar. i only change when the contract is up when they offer me new phone for free.

Recently upgrade my plan and got a smart phone for free. My mindset about phone changed, being able to read news on train etc was such a joy.

When you sleep even on the wheel, you don't need smartphone at all.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any phone expert here.. i am changing my mobile phone..and is looking at either LG Ku 990 or the Iphone.....

I have always had phones with very basic features... but would like one which offers me something different this time.. if got GPS even better..:biggrin:

Any other recommendation besides the LGku990 and iphone? budget below $400... and that will be my most expensive phone to date.... . if no need cash even better...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Try this. Malaysian made. http://www.csl.my/index.php/newsaevents/165-switch-qt-mi280-the-star

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost All Have GPS

GPS on smartphones will be replaced by something else soon. Mine is a LG. Quite precise right down to five metres accuracy.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
scr_536_02.jpg

This one ? Can ?

oldest_mobile_phone_Think_your_mobile_phone_is_too_big_pics-s611x404-230-580.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do NOT recommend LG, all my experiences with LG has been crap...and i do not recommend Nokia too,,unless u get simple phone. If u consider Android and you want cheap, The Samsung Galaxy S is good. No problems with it,,just my 2 cents

Damn ! Now you tell me. Some ang moh people in a forum do not trust LG stuff.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yHC7-hZ4v5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I use this photo. Cheap, high tech, light and cool.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you're looking for an android phone with the best screen display, nothing beats the samsung galaxy s2. the amoled screen is so much better than the retina display on the iphone 4s. apps wise, android is behind ios, but if all you need are a dozen apps to help you shit, you don't need no stinking 200000 apps on the apple system. girls use iphone, guys like droid.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Damn ! Now you tell me. Some ang moh people in a forum do not trust LG stuff.

I will not touch LG stuff, they are all crap, got an LG DVD player and LG mobile phone and LG mini HI FI...all crap and all dont work,,,the LG HI Fi crap after I got it, CD/MP 3 player spoilt within the 1st day...so dont touch LG,,its really crap...and its simple problem. they still cant get it right. For the LG phone, of all the things to spoil it was the '0' button,,,sent it for repair and still spoil a few months later.

Later on, my fren got the LG Prada phone, nice to see bad to eat..spoilt within 1 month,,so LG should be boycotted,,they make crap products...

For the Nokia, I got 2 of the earlier models about 10 yrs ago,,buy 1 time with contract, it becomes free 1 month later,,kena tua 2 times,,than the last Nokia phone, got the N97,,,total piece of crap as well,..the 1st 2 phones got sabo by price, the N97 kenna sabo by the fuck up phone, its slow, always got soft ware issues and damn user unfriendly. My other frens who have the N97 also kao peh,...worse still Nokia admitted they did not do a good job with the N97..so it means they purposely release a fuck up phone..so bottom line is
no no more Nokia and LG..

Got a samsung now,,,have never looked back...looking forward to the Galaxy S3. Also had a older samsung phone in 05..it was a simple phone, but durable and well constructed..

Cant comment on Apple cos i dont have one. just my rant

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't have good experience with other model so my prefered model is Nokia. :biggrin:

Here are some of my suggestions.

Based on Singtelshop search and filter function, here is the closest match.

Nokia N78
$238 with 2 yr plan
- Bluetooth
- Camera
- Expandabe memory
- Support Chinese
- WiFi
- HSDPA (3G)
- FM Radio

Nokia E71
$348 with 2 yr plan
- Bluetooth
- Camera
- Expandabe memory
- WiFi
- HSDPA (3G)
- FM Radio

Nokia N81
$198 with 2 yr plan
- Bluetooth
- Camera
- Expandabe memory
- Support Chinese
- WiFi
- FM Radio

Ok to be honest, the last good nokia phone is the E71..but for simple things ok lor,,I am still using mine and secondary phone. Other than that, its pretty dated,,,old oreadi