• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I hope WP send their NCMP in Punggol East

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read The Straits Times 10 Jan 2013 Page A6 this morning and realised that NCMP do not lose its seat should he lose this by-election.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP will have to field its strongest to pre-empt a heavyweight from SDP. They have nothing to lose, since an NCMP can keep his seat even if he loses.

I think it will be Gerald Giam.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I read The Straits Times 10 Jan 2013 Page A6 this morning and realised that NCMP do not lose its seat should he lose this by-election.

sounds like a good idea, but 7 votes doesn't make much impact against 81 :(:(:(

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP will have to field its strongest to pre-empt a heavyweight from SDP. They have nothing to lose, since an NCMP can keep his seat even if he loses.

I think it will be Gerald Giam.

Yap :p I hope a WP victory in Punggol East and 7th seats to the Oppositions Camp :biggrin:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is stupid. Even if they win, they will still have 8 jokers in Parliament, though one is upgraded. If they send a non-MP, they can up their tally to 9.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is stupid. Even if they win, they will still have 8 jokers in Parliament, though one is upgraded. If they send a non-MP, they can up their tally to 9.

Hmm ... I hope to see the Best Vs the Best in an 1 on 1 fight.

NCMP seats are not so important afterall.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The only viable non-MP is Li Lian, but she'd be vulnerable against an SDP heavyweight. YJJ and GG have the exposure, prominence and stature by virtue of their NCMP status, which Li Lian can't match.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were supposedly some secret cards? A name whom even PAP members may end up voting for?

The only viable non-MP is Li Lian, but she'd be vulnerable against an SDP heavyweight. YJJ and GG have the exposure, prominence and stature by virtue of their NCMP status, which Li Lian can't match.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To deny them a two-thirdth majority do not happen over 1 night.

If we can achieve 80 vs 7, after next 2 GE ...it is possible to see 57 vs 30 :biggrin:

Cheers :biggrin:

57 vs 30 after GE2016 is possible if all the opposition parties sit down and co-operate. By 2021 an opposition coalition govt is within reach – 43 vs 44.