• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I hope the stock market collapse

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure can buy at 1.19 after it has crashed down from 1.32 during the last 2 weeks, and place it out in FD at 6.8% pa. It's been very much oversold. Next support level is 1.16, but I expect a rebound first before it corrects downwards, if it corrects.

Tomorrow US will release GDP numbers which I'm told won't be good, and I expect USD/SGD to come down. I may go into USD.

i calculate that to convert sing$ to aust and back to sing$ will incur fees of about 5-7%. so if i buy aus $ and put in FD for 1 yr, i dont gain anything except to hope to make on the exchange rate.
any ideas ?

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER is here

I hope the stock market collapse, property market collapse and economy enters recession.

People tighten and focus on important things in life instead of fads and hype.

Foreigners leave and population drop to less crowded levels

The best is really really bad recession or depression. That's the best scenario. Then people will get real.

you are not alone.
i too, hope things go down abit.
the oil price has caused alot of things to go haywire, including the prices of food and electricity.
now, i think is a stale-mate kind of situation - the sellers are not willing to lower their prices, and buyers are waiting for a better price.
i hope the sellers blink first.
the property market and stock market are examples of such.

foreigners leave = might actually be a good thing.
i was at bugis having dinner at a hongkong-style cafe eatery.
the waitress who attended to me was a China national (from her accent and non-understanding of English), and the 2 other tables next to mine - 1 was bunch of (China) Chinese students and the other one looked Asian but with a non-local accent when conversing in English.

i wonder where have all the Singaporeans gone. :confused:

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
'I worry when there is no recession in Singapore' - Wooden Goh

i was also hoping that things will cool down a bit but not till the point where there are massive retrenchments and alot of pple go out of jobs...very sad one you know..

singapore is an expensive place...no job very hard to survive

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was at bugis having dinner at a hongkong-style cafe eatery.
the waitress who attended to me was a China national (from her accent and non-understanding of English), and the 2 other tables next to mine - 1 was bunch of (China) Chinese students and the other one looked Asian but with a non-local accent when conversing in English.

i wonder where have all the Singaporeans gone. :confused:

Either at posh restaurants or hawker centres.

joker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies complain so much but the Travel bookings are still full. :confused:

Got money to go holidays but no money to buy groceries? :rolleyes:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After the rebound on Monday 8 Sep 08 for the STI, the last 3 days has been dropping like a rock, what is happening??

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree!

Recessions and depressions are a very good thing! We need such events to weed out the excesses & wastage. Hopefully everything will crash, things become cheaper with less crowding in spore.

Like natural forest fires, they destroy the old so that the new may take over.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the recession in the US, this will come here. What I want is that when there are retrenchments, will the locals go or the FT. And what will the garment do to save sinkies their jobs.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The govt certainly will be hands off. I guess everything being equal, the more expensive staff will go first, regardless of whether you're local, PRs or foreigners.

A

Alu862

SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER is here

I hope the stock market collapse, property market collapse and economy enters recession.

People tighten and focus on important things in life instead of fads and hype.

Foreigners leave and population drop to less crowded levels

The best is really really bad recession or depression. That's the best scenario. Then people will get real.

It's not that simple. Even economic textbooks tell you otherwise