• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it’s ok if it looks like a moustache as this is for your health and no one will look and laugh when you’re asleep.
1531075596170.jpeg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The test result said mine is under severe category and I was asked to buy a cpac machine to pump pressurized air inside when sleeping. But i don’t think so I want it.
either that (pic below) or you have difficulty getting air through your lungs when sleeping face up. you need a sleeping partner to check on your breathing every 69 seconds; otherwise can lose oxygin and suffer brain damage. :eek:
1531076276698.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
either that (pic below) or you have difficulty getting air through your lungs when sleeping face up. you need a sleeping partner to check on your breathing every 69 seconds; otherwise can lose oxygin and suffer brain damage. :eek:
View attachment 44770
The one selling the machine said the pressurized air may make acid reflux worse as the air may go into stomach.

Reactions: 555

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one selling the machine said the pressurized air may make acid reflux worse as the air may go into stomach.
you have 2 issues affecting your health simultaneously. severe sleep apnea is more serious than acid reflux. must pick one over the other first. for acid reflux, you need to worry about gas in your stomach damaging your esophagus as your esophageal valve weakens with age. air going in is less acidic than the gas cumming out. get treated with either omeprazole or pantoprazole capsules, one capsule a day, for your acid reflux. also, as i've mentioned before, get a breath test done for presence of helicobacter pylori in your gi tract, especially lower stomach near the duodenum. sinkies (and asians in general) are infected with h. pylori (due to the diet and food they eat), and they don't know about it thinking it's just gerd or acid reflux until too late. it can cause stomach cancer. :eek:

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The test result said mine is under severe category....
Were you hospitalized from Saturday until yesterday (Sunday)? :eek:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obstructive_sleep_apnea

....and I was asked to buy a cpac machine to pump pressurized air inside when sleeping.
Do you mean:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_Positive_Airway_Pressure
a form of:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_Airway_Pressure (PAP) :wink:

But i don’t think so I want it.
But since you need it, why do you not want it? :confused:
Is it because you can't afford it, even though its average price is only roughly S$1,000:
sleepassociation.org/sleep-treatments/cpap-machines-masks
or is it because even though you can afford it, you still prefer to be stingy? :o-o:
Or is it because it reminds you of the:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's Action Party
:tongue:

Last edited:

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have 2 issues affecting your health simultaneously. severe sleep apnea is more serious than acid reflux. must pick one over the other first. for acid reflux, you need to worry about gas in your stomach damaging your esophagus as your esophageal valve weakens with age. air going in is less acidic than the gas cumming out. get treated with either omeprazole or pantoprazole capsules, one capsule a day, for your acid reflux. also, as i've mentioned before, get a breath test done for presence of helicobacter pylori in your gi tract, especially lower stomach near the duodenum. sinkies (and asians in general) are infected with h. pylori (due to the diet and food they eat), and they don't know about it thinking it's just gerd or acid reflux until too late. it can cause stomach cancer. :eek:
Looks like @ginfreely's days are numbered! :eek: