• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i have an option to go melbourne for good, should i???

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
genuinely, i am in dilemma again, always say i want to leave s'pore but i just can't bring myself to. i whine a lot about the cronies cos' they really cause a lot of unhappiness for me. i am a divorcee with no kids but i am already 40. so actually, i really need to reconsider. moreover, i will miss my friends and family, the food here, the election fever best time to bash PAP. but i know if i want to do well in life, moving to down under is a better decision. comparing if i want to do well in sinkieland, i have to kiss the asses of the PAP cronies which i am very reluctant to do so.

please advise...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
genuinely, i am in dilemma again, always say i want to leave s'pore but i just can't bring myself to. i whine a lot about the cronies cos' they really cause a lot of unhappiness for me. i am a divorcee with no kids but i am already 40. so actually, i really need to reconsider. moreover, i will miss my friends and family, the food here, the election fever best time to bash PAP. but i know if i want to do well in life, moving to down under is a better decision. comparing if i want to do well in sinkieland, i have to kiss the asses of the PAP cronies which i am very reluctant to do so.

please advise...

Giving up ur S'pore citizenship? Move. Get your CPF and buy a real house.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
i consider and look at australia as a whole, that it won't be flying high too, economy for australia is going down under, with the exit of car manufacturers like toyota, the only left is their mineral resources. if i go over i will have to be a tradesman and my cpf isn't much, only about 100k. if i go there, i will be paying mortgages. my friend in his fifties told me that he had bought a house in ho chi minh, also thinking of going over, so that can withdraw cpf.

If you can do better for career, why not? Sinkieland is going to be worse in the next few years.

Giving up ur S'pore citizenship? Move. Get your CPF and buy a real house.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i consider and look at australia as a whole, that it won't be flying high too, economy for australia is going down under, with the exit of car manufacturers like toyota, the only left is their mineral resources. if i go over i will have to be a tradesman and my cpf isn't much, only about 100k. if i go there, i will be paying mortgages. my friend in his fifties told me that he had bought a house in ho chi minh, also thinking of going over, so that can withdraw cpf.

Learn a skill. Tradesmen make good money in real 1st world countries. Your 100k should be enough to see you tbrough. Room rental $150-250 wkly. Btw, what will your status be?

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
i will be putting up at my relaqtive's place so no concern for me in rental. my background is electrical and electronics, and to qualify as a technician, i first must be PR at least.

Learn a skill. Tradesmen make good money in real 1st world countries. Your 100k should be enough to see you tbrough. Room rental $150-250 wkly. Btw, what will your status be?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will be putting up at my relaqtive's place so no concern for me in rental. my background is electrical and electronics, and to qualify as a technician, i first must be PR at least.

So you havent gotten your PR. Going over on tourist visa? Work visa?

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal

I stayed at a relative's place when I first came over.

All I can say is that, this can only be a temporary measure. As all the anecdotes I come across go to show, that sooner or later, relationship will sour, and no matter how close or good the relatives are... it will come about that you'll be unwelcome.

I give it max 2-3months. Then you need to find your own abode.

Whilst paying rent seems undesirable and expensive at first, it is a better option than becoming obliged to a relative. And you can never fully pay back for this favor.. you'll forever owe them, and feel a sense of obligation than can never be totally repaid.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Makan no problem. Lots of Malaysians in Melbourne. I think it's due to the universities there. They send their kids, buy a house and depending whether the kids wants to stay on, may sell the house to cover the tuition fees.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I stayed at a relative's place when I first came over.

All I can say is that, this can only be a temporary measure. As all the anecdotes I come across go to show, that sooner or later, relationship will sour, and no matter how close or good the relatives are... it will come about that you'll be unwelcome.

I give it max 2-3months. Then you need to find your own abode.

Whilst paying rent seems undesirable and expensive at first, it is a better option than becoming obliged to a relative. And you can never fully pay back for this favor.. you'll forever owe them, and feel a sense of obligation than can never be totally repaid.

Good advice. Same applies for friends.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

please advise...

I think Melboure is more Singapore than Singapore... if you know what I mean. :wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

please advise...
Are you out of your mind? So many Aussie pricks are dying to come here to work as FT! PAP is the best! Provide so many jobs until Singapore economy need more FT!

I say, stay where you are now. Town Council increase, beer increase, cigarettes increase, transport increase are just temporary strategic market corrections by our beloved PAP.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bad thing about Australia is the broadband internet is shitty (price and quality). Many Aussie gamers complain of lag when playing online games.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
IF U HAD TO ASK SOMEONE IF U SHOULD GO THERE
immediately the answer is NO

if u really wanted to be there

u are there already without asking anyone...

please advise...

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

please advise...

no family then stay here lor...............give chance to younger people lah..........

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you have the oppurtunity, why not?
I know many who have left for Aust & none have returned to Spore.

There are advantageous to being an Aust. As an Australian citizen you will be able to take out your CPF. You can also return to Spore as an FT . You will also find it easier to work in the UK & US.