• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'I don't do fake news' says Najib

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

'I don't do fake news' says Najib​

• Tuesday, 31 May 2022
    3:22 PM MYT
1605367.jpg

After being accused of making false claims on social media, former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has clapped back, saying that figures from the Statistics Department show a sharp rise in income inequality during the Pakatan Harapan administration.

"I don't do false claims or fake news. The World Bank may only have records until 2015 but our Statistics Department has been recording this for decades," said Najib in a Facebook post on Tuesday (May 31).

Najib then attached a graph by the Statistics Department that showed Malaysia's Gini coefficient recording a rise from 39.9 in 2016 to 40.7 in 2019.

The Gini coefficient or index is a measure of income distribution across a population. A higher Gini index indicates greater inequality, with high-income individuals earning a much larger percentage of the total income of the population.

"As you can see, the Gini coefficient for Malaysia experienced its sharpest drop during my time as PM – dropping from 44.1 to 39.9," added Najib.

Najib said during his tenure as premier in 2009 and 2018, B40 and M40 households experienced higher growth each year compared to the T20 group.

"Because of policies like the introduction and yearly expansion of the BR1M programme, jobs and small business creation programmes such as 1Azam and the introduction of GST, which taxes the rich more as they spend much more on non-exempt items.

"That is why income equality (sharing of the cake) improved at its fastest pace in Malaysia – lifting millions of Malaysians out of hardcore poverty," he said.

However, Najib said income inequality went up in 2019 because many of his policies were reversed by the Pakatan government.

Najib was responding to a tweet that he had made a false claim about income inequality widening during Pakatan's time in Putrajaya.

Najib also attached a July 10, 2020, news on figures by the Statistics Department that showed income inequality in Malaysia going up in 2019.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2022...s039-says-najib

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Gini dropped because more people became poorer.

And he is right he don't do fake news. He only steals.