• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I began using HUAWEI HARMONY 鸿蒙 OS. Announced to be on their phones in NEXT MODEL to root out Google Android

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://ibb.co/FwPkv1G

IMG-20200908-233914.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aint gonna touch that shyt.......unless a chinese company declare independence and move to norway or something and create a open source OS........

even though i try to support china,im not that crazy to drink that CCP koolaid.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As someone who have worked with Tiong software companies before, I can tell you QC is never in the equation. Expect plenty of bugs and
backdoors.

And the word "Harm" is inside there, so users better 好自为之.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck u. Don't use not to critize too early. Lan cheow.

aint gonna touch that shyt.......unless a chinese company declare independence and move to norway or something and create a open source OS........

even though i try to support china,im not that crazy to drink that CCP koolaid.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even Samsung's Tizen and Windows phone couldn't compete against Google, what more an unproven Tiong OS ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even Samsung's Tizen and Windows phone couldn't compete against Google, what more an unproven Tiong OS ?

LOL, Huawei is no longer getting chips due to bans. And no, Tiongland can't make its own chips, even SMIC has been banned recently.

What good will software do when you can't settle the hardware problem? :wink:

By the way, Hongmeng (Hongkan) OS claims to have a tool for app developers to port over existing apps from Apple and Android app stores. Good luck trying to convince the developers to ignore the risk of getting sanctioned. Only Tiong apps from Baidu, Tencent will do that. :cool:

自娱自乐,自欺欺人 :roflmao:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will take more than attacks on Huawei to win the tech cold war | Huawei
‘A huge domestic market’: Huawei’s booth at an international fair, Beijing, September 2020
‘A huge domestic market’: Huawei’s booth at an international fair, Beijing, September 2020. Photograph: Xinhua/Rex/Shutterstock
Banning the Chinese giant from using US components won’t stop a company that’s too big to fail
Mon 14 Sep 2020 01.00 AEST
In the 1970s, the women’s movement had a slogan, “The personal is political”, to make the point that what went on in personal relationships between men and women also reflected wider imbalances of power. Today, an equivalent slogan might be “The technological is political” – and for much the same reason.
If you doubt that, ask Huawei, the Chinese tech giant, which currently finds itself on the receiving end of the new cold war between the US and China. Huawei is a huge and hitherto very successful company that designs, develops and sells telecommunications equipment and consumer electronics (mainly smartphones). By all accounts, it’s pretty good at what it does. Rather too good, it seems, for the government of the US and possibly the UK as well.
The trouble started with the telecommunications side of the business and the fact that Huawei mobile networking kit is not only pretty good, but also relatively inexpensive. Which meant that western mobile communications operators installed lots of it in their 3G and 4G networks, favouring it over equivalent but more expensive Ericsson and Nokia equipment. Then, as the companies moved to upgrade their networks for the new 5G standard, they discovered that Huawei had been working on the technology for quite a while and had installable equipment ready for sale at competitive prices. So they bought it.
At which point all hell broke loose, at least in the US – for two reasons. One is that 5G is supposedly the network to end all networks: the basis for a future world in which every imaginable device – even the humble toaster – will be networked. The other is that Huawei is a Chinese company that either has links to the Chinese state or is subject to control by the Chinese Communist party, or both. The idea that such a company should have its equipment at the heart of the western world’s communications networks was too much for the American national security establishment.
Accordingly, the US government declared Huawei networking gear verboten in that country’s mobile networks and three of its satraps in the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing system (Canada, Australia and New Zealand) obligingly followed suit. Only the UK stood out for a while, but it too eventually caved in. So not only will UK mobile operators not be allowed to have Huawei kit in their 5G networks, but they will also be obliged to remove it from their 3G and 4G networks, a process that BT’s CEO says could take up to a decade. It will also cost a fortune and may cause service outages and temporary blackouts. Ideological purity and national security don’t come easy or cheap.
But mobile networking gear is only one of Huawei’s lines and there are plenty of countries in the world that are still keen to buy its stuff, so losing western custom was a nuisance rather than a knockout blow. Accordingly, US attention turned to its smartphone business, in which Huawei is an even bigger player than Samsung. A first stage was to bar US companies from supplying it with homegrown software. Accordingly, all Google apps, which are customarily installed on most Android phones, disappeared from Huawei devices. This made them largely unsaleable in western countries, though they remained popular in China.
Next came a US ban on American chip-making companies from selling silicon hardware to Huawei. Initially, the restrictions imposed by the US commerce department required companies to secure a licence before selling US-made equipment to Huawei. This looked like a serious blow: an analysis by the Financial Times in March found that the radio-frequency front-end modules in Huawei’s flagship P40 smartphone, critical components that are attached to the antennas and needed to make calls and connect to the internet, were produced by three US chip-making companies, Qualcomm, Skyworks and Qorvo.
It turned out, though, that the US regulations didn’t stop manufacturers from being able to sell to the Chinese company if the material was made abroad. Thus Huawei was able to stockpile the components it needed. So last month the US commerce department upped the ante: banning it from obtaining foreign-made chips and other electronic components developed or produced using American software or technology, with immediate effect.
Nobody knows how this attempt to strangle Huawei will pan out. The company is too big and too dominant in China to fail – and it’s unlikely the Chinese state would let it go down anyway. After all, Huawei still has a huge domestic market and non-aligned countries will still buy its mobile networking gear. But if one of the motives behind the American assault was to reduce the chances that China would replace the US as the global tech hegemon then it’s unlikely to work.
All that’s happened is that the campaign has highlighted the extent to which semiconductor design and manufacturing capacity have become key strategic assets. The Chinese understand this and there’s no reason that they can’t build that strategic capacity: all it needs is money and brains and they have plenty of both. And when they finally achieve tech parity, the US – and hopefully the rest of the world – will have learned a new slogan: the technological is not just political, it’s geopolitical.
What I’ve been reading

Who doesn’t fear Donald?
It’s not just Americans who are paying the price of Trump’s thuggery. Great essay by Andrew Sullivan on the Dish blog.
Love and loss
An extraordinary, moving essay in Vanity Fair (On witness and respair: A personal tragedy followed by pandemic) by novelist Jesmyn Ward on losing her husband to Covid.
How coronavirus kills
Why Covid-19 is so complex and dangerous: the first attempt I’ve seen at a general theory of how it works inside the body.
Topics

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
The concept and LOOK & FEEL give the EXACT as Android.

When I am not thinking Huawei I tot I was using Android screen.

But the hardware of Huawei is way better.

E. g. the Remote Controller is much BETTER and High Tech than all else. It is another WI-FI COMPUTER INSIDE instead of a regular Infrared remote. It can control the screen from few rooms away or from a different floor. IT HAS MICROPHONE VOICE CONTROLLED!

Press the Microphone Button and say 小艺小艺,播腾格尔的歌“草原” it will understand and do as you said! You can do from long distance and behind several walls!

The remote has own firmware and will update itself via Wi-Fi to recognize more commands.

When you use the Huawei Screen to video conference, it will pop up a 4K camera from its top and the remote control is microphone. You hold the remote close to you lips and whisper the other side can hear your breath! Excellent for CYBER SEX!

I put remote in bed to use voice to set wake up alarm. To voice ask questions like the current time, tomorrow's temperature and weather etc.

It is very intelligent device linked to your Huawei SMART HOME AND SMART PHONES.

I can control my aircond; car; washing machine; fridge; microwave cooker; door video phone; security cameras; security sensors; doors; auto curtains; water heater; many more.

I can check e. g. my electric car batteries to know that I can go 400km trip tomorrow.

These are called 华为智慧生活 App.

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
My car is Android.

It is still compatible with Huawei OS.

I can also say 小艺小艺讲个笑话。 It will do so.

It has face recognition camera facing my driver seat. It can lock car if unrecognizable drivers try to steal my car. I can detect if I am driving sleepy or not looking at the road. It will offer to play music to wake me up if I drove yowning.

Harmony OS will DIRECTLY RELATED all these Android in future. do even better.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is why 100 lawyers: 4 engineers US hated. Lawyers need people to commit crimes and hated IT technologies to assist people to be safe and lawful.

A crime committed is 3 lawyers get paid. Plaintiff lawyer, defendent lawyer, and ex-lawyer become judge.

When Lawyers become politicians write laws to restrict, threaten engineers with labours and engineering laws make engineers jintulan.

Engineers go overseas like Japan and Asia to make products where 100 engineers: 4 lawyers countries are better places to make money...

So China Japan made better advance products now u know why???

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is why 100 lawyers: 4 engineers US hated. Lawyers need people to commit crimes and hated IT technologies to assist people to be safe and lawful.

A crime committed is 3 lawyers get paid. Plaintiff lawyer, defendent lawyer, and ex-lawyer become judge.

When Lawyers become politicians write laws to restrict, threaten engineers with labours and engineering laws make engineers jintulan.

Engineers go overseas like Japan and Asia to make products where 100 engineers: 4 lawyers countries are better places to make money...

So China Japan made better advance products now u know why???
Go fuck your mother n die u tiong lover shooo! go back to china shooo!