• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Am Sorry TCB

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<Speaking to reporters after collecting his Certificate of Eligibility on Friday, Dr Tan said that the election campaign is not the time and place for a candidate to court voters by promising them he will donate to a worthy cause.

"If somebody tells me he will vote for me if I take a pay cut, I don't know whether I'm actually compromising on (my) principles — that is, actually, I'm buying your vote," he explained.

"If I compromise before I become President, can you imagine when I am President? I can make many, many compromises also. In life, there are certain fundamental principles I won't concede on."

Dr Tan, however, agreed with two other Presidential aspirants Tan Kin Lian and Tan Jee Say that the presidential salary is too high.>>

Despite agreeing with the two other Presidential candidates that the presidential salary is too high, TCB will not budge, not even a dollar. He even goes further to cast aspersion on the motivation of the two other candidates that they are buying votes.

With TCB, the inconsistency is obvious. On the issue of those who were detained under the ISA in 1987, as Feedback Chief, TCB said this:

<<"I believed the information that was given to me from the government at that time. I saw that the people believed that they were conspirators as well. As Feedback Unit Chief, I could not let my own feelings dilute the general consensus, which I presented in Parliament.">>

During the TOC Face 2 Face forum, TCB again re-affirmed that the detention was justified. So what was his "own feelings" that might have diluted the general consensus which he presented in Parliament ? Did he believe ? Or did he not believe that the detention was justified ? Or is TCB trying to excuse himself from the decision of "the consensus" so to speak ?

Last edited:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read in context. What TCB is saying is that he not want 4 million salary! What he saying is he will take what the committee say. What he will do with the salary he will decide.

What you said is TCB want the 4 million which in your own quote is wrong.

Now you answer my question. If the committee say the new salary is 400,000 and TJS kpkb want 500,000, how will you decide?

<<Speaking to reporters after collecting his Certificate of Eligibility on Friday, Dr Tan said that the election campaign is not the time and place for a candidate to court voters by promising them he will donate to a worthy cause.

"If somebody tells me he will vote for me if I take a pay cut, I don't know whether I'm actually compromising on (my) principles — that is, actually, I'm buying your vote," he explained.

"If I compromise before I become President, can you imagine when I am President? I can make many, many compromises also. In life, there are certain fundamental principles I won't concede on."

Dr Tan, however, agreed with two other Presidential aspirants Tan Kin Lian and Tan Jee Say that the presidential salary is too high.>>

Despite agreeing with the two other Presidential candidates that the presidential salary is too high, TCB will not budge, not even a dollar. He even goes further to cast aspersion of the motivation of the two other candidates that they are buying votes.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote (Khun Ying Pojaman):
"What I don't like is the way he masquerades his intention to have the President salary in full. Instead of saying "No, I'm not going to accept a lower salary, I want all for myself the entire $4 million," he chooses to attack the altruism of the other two candidates by cynically insinuating that they're buying votes. The least TCB should have done was to acknowledge that TJS and TKL are entering the race not for the money."

The best defence is a good offense. (Nabei, defence spell wrong meh?? Why got underline?)
Perhaps he wants to divert your attention from the real reason why he isn't calling for a pay cut, so he takes a view that is consistent with his election message - that he is a principled man who would do the right thing for Singaporeans.

If that is so, isn't Grow and Share Dividends an example of PAP vote buying, as suggested by the TRE commentor that Khun Ying Pojaman quoted? How about estate upgrading? Ayer Rajar never got estate upgrading during his term ah? Why that time no count, this time others take pay cut TCB call vote buying? Dementia or denial?

Even if you all don't buy into the conspiracy theory (which I speculate just for fun), try to recognize that he is trying not to rock the relationships with PAP and the Admin Service. If the elected president voluntarily reduced his own salary substantially, it would be difficult not for Gerald Ee's ministerial salary committee to take that into account.

Hence if you select TCB or TT, you are implicitly acknowledging that $4m a year for president is sup sup sui, you are ok to see millionaire ministers and civil servants, a view not shared by all but one which you are of course entitled to hold.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now you answer my question. If the committee say the new salary is 400,000 and TJS kpkb want 500,000, how will you decide?

Please do not deliberately misquote TJS. I know you're a Pappy dog, but don't push your lies here.

TJS has said repeatedly that $500,000 is more than enough for him. He never once said that he wanted exactly $500k.

If I tell you that $500k is more than enough for me, and you say, "OK, I'll give you $400k" - I'll say, "$400k is fine, since $500k is a lot."

Comprende?

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
You tell me TJS, TKL or even TT got the power to decide the President pay? Bear in mind this salary is not for TJS or TKL, TT or TCB. This salary is for the PRESIDENT. You can ask them what they want but they cannot tell us what the President is worth.TJS say he wants 500,000 salary. What if the committee come out and say now President will get 400,000? Will TJS take it? If he takes it then he is doing what TCB has said. If he kpkb and ask for 500,000 instead of taking the committee recommended 400,000 then will you still vote him?
1. I tell you that these PEs do indeed have the power to take lower salary. Just like you can choose to take only $1000 from your employer salary payment to you, instead of your full salary (assuming that you are earning above 1k2. Your illusion of $400,000 is funny.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are putting words into TCB mouth. He did not say he wants 4 million. He said he is not in position to decide the President's pay and will accept the recommendations by the committee.

Nobody is asking TCB or any of the Presidential candidates to, in your own words, "decide the President's pay". The Committee can recommend that the President be paid $100 million a year, but how much is TCB going to accept, and what is TCB going to do with the balance.

TCB was asked what he thought would be a "fair salary" for the President. TCB's answer was he would abide by the recommendation of the Committee.

We do not know when the recommendation of the Committee would be released, and when it would be implemented by Parliament. Until then, the salary of the President is $4 million. So until then, TCB will accept the $4 million in its entirety since he doesn't seem to have a personal opinion on what would be a "fair salary" for the President. He is happy with the status quo, while the entire nation is fuming over Nathan's salary. So much for a People's President.

TCB need to cultivate some balls to answer questions in a straightforward manner.

Last edited:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason I asked you the 500,000 question, which you dare not reply me, is to show you why TCB repiled in the way he repiled.

If he had quoted a figure then that committee come out with a lower figure, he will be caught just like TJS would be if this happen. This is a trap set by the MIW and TJS unwittingly walked straight in by giving a figure. So you want to vote for a President who cannot see a MIW trap to check on the MIW?

I rather vote TKL in this case.

Nobody is asking TCB or any of the Presidential candidates to, in your own words, "decide the President's pay". The Committee can recommend that the President be paid $100 million a year, but how much is TCB going to accept, and what is TCB going to do with the balance.

TCB was asked what he thought would be a "fair salary" for the President. TCB's answer was he would abide by the recommendation of the Committee.

We do not know when the recommendation of the Committee would be released, and when it would be implemented by Parliament. Until then, the salary of the President is $4 million. So until then, TCB will accept the $4 million in its entirety since he doesn't seem to have a personal opinion on what would be a "fair salary" for the President. He is happy with the status quo, while the entire nation is fuming over Nathan's salary. So much for a People's President.

TCB need to cultivate some balls to answer questions in a straightforward manner.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You go check my history before calling me a pappy dog.
I can also accuse you of being a SDP mole.

Please do not deliberately misquote TJS. I know you're a Pappy dog, but don't push your lies here.

TJS has said repeatedly that $500,000 is more than enough for him. He never once said that he wanted exactly $500k.

If I tell you that $500k is more than enough for me, and you say, "OK, I'll give you $400k" - I'll say, "$400k is fine, since $500k is a lot."

Comprende?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You go check my history before calling me a pappy dog.
I can also accuse you of being a SDP mole.

SDP mole?

I've been an opposition supporter my entire life. And proud of it. Voted NSP in the recent GE. Don't need to be a mole.

You on the other hand have shown your doggy colours.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you lah. SDP is led be a dog - the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan.

SDP mole?

I've been an opposition supporter my entire life. And proud of it. Voted NSP in the recent GE. Don't need to be a mole.

You on the other hand have shown your doggy colours.

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal
It becomes clearer in the past few days that TCB still shares the same core values and outlook of the pappy.

What is wrong with the core values?
Make no mistake, there is nothing wrong with the core values.
The problem lies with some policies which make the people suffer too much if there is a status quo.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason I asked you the 500,000 question, which you dare not reply me, is to show you why TCB repiled in the way he repiled.

If he had quoted a figure then that committee come out with a lower figure, he will be caught just like TJS would be if this happen. This is a trap set by the MIW and TJS unwittingly walked straight in by giving a figure. So you want to vote for a President who cannot see a MIW trap to check on the MIW?

You seriously think the wayang committee will reduce S$4m to below S$500k? Naive. Such huge drop will cause even more outrage because it will mean they have been overpaid. Any adjustment will only be moderate, too much and the PAP end up scoring negative points instead.

They are also waiting to see who gets the office. If not Tony, you can expect the committee to recommend that the President be paid an amount befitting a custodial and ceremonial rather than an executive pay, meaning the President will no longer be the top paid office.

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's not about dare or not. The absurdity of your question has already been discussed. Any objective person will know that answering your question is futile.

Also, by asking such a question, you and NOT the MIW are trying to set a trap. You are trying to put words into TJS's mouth via yellowarse about a hypothetical (and naive) 400k salary scenario that is unlikely to occur.

And contrary to your post, TJS did not fall into any imaginary trap. He has never said he wants EXACTLY 500k or he will walk. Even in the highly unlikely scenario where the committee sets the salary at below 500k, there is no dilemma for TJS.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like all doctors, TCB is "too clever" for his own good. He realised TT is sabotaging his own campaign so he presents himself as a "credible alternative" to the PAP supporters... in doing so he pobably lost all his opposition supporters... this is good for TJS. Now TJS is rising in prominence while TKL is losing his initial glow. Looks like there is hope for TJS afterall. The last i checked with colleagues, many who previously supported TCB are turning to TJS.

Of the 40% Opposition supporters, 30% might vote for TJS while 10% vote for TKL + TCB. There might be some 10% PAP supporters who got frustrated since the last GE and might now be turning to TJS. That gives TJS a potential vote of 40% if he plays his cards right. He needs to moderate himself a little, just remain sincere and not too emotional. The remaining 50% votes can be split about equally between TT and TCB.

So: TJS - 35 - 40%
TCB - 25 - 30%
TT - 30 - 35%
TKL - 10%

TCB has upset the original equation. It is now TJS vs TT

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Loser. TJS will not serve you.

Supreme Leader : Dr. Chee Soon Juan
Deputy Supreme Leader: Miss Chee Siok Chin
President : Tan Jee Say
PPS to President : Nicole Seah
Aide-de-Camp : LG Goh Meng Seng
Istana Jester : Yap Keng Ho

Presidential Council of Advisors:

Chairman: Dr. Chee Soon Juan
Deputy Chairman: Chee Siok Chin
Members: Yap Keng Ho, Goh Meng Seng, Monica Kumar

Last edited:

samuel_1991

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good choice. This TCB is clearly wu jian dao to divert TKL's vote when people called him to run for PE back in 2008. But TCB and TKL never expect TJS to run this PE. TCB want to unify people by football and other community event? My foot! Like Nathan like that? I am better off feed the Prataman again. Where got people can unite Man U and Man City fans in the name of loving football game?