• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Am Sorry TCB

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sad to inform you I have decided to cast my vote for TJS as these past 2 days I hear comments from you that truly disappointed me.

- Firstly, you said you agree that the the Marxist Conspiracy was guilty. Any fool can see that it was not so.

- Secondly you said SR Nathan did a lot of work.

- Thirdly you did not voiced an opinion that the EP's salary is too high.

- Lastly you as a doctor is agreeable that the death penalty should stay.

In conclusion, I am aghast to discover that all along you were not the man I thought you were. TJS has my vote despite having a combative attitude. Hopefully he will tone down and be more subdued. Despite this he does not seemed to be a man who will compromised his ideals, which I think you do if it suits you.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also in the opinion that whatever evidence he was presented then was not conclusive and justified to call for the arrest of the alleged Marxists.

Q1: Why did he joined the presidential race instead of quietly living out the rest of his life in repentance at Sentosa Cove?
Q2: Why was he unwilling to make a statement on the salary of the elected president?

Given Nathan's planned retirement, his key involvement in the Marxist fiasco, and his reluctance to volunteer a reduction in the EP's salary, the possibility that he is the real candidate invited by the establishment has increased 4-fold. Perhaps the entrance of Tony Tan was a feint after all.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCB is a decent man but we need someone that can kick PAP balls real hard... We don't have to wait till 2016 to give a good black eye to the PAP... 5 years is a F*ckin long time... I got no patience to wait for another 5 years.. We got the opportunity to fuck PAP real hard last May, but 60% selfish CB kias turned ball less and its up to us the 40% to do what's is best for us this Saturday... I'll grab this given opportunity on this Saturday to vote for Tan Jee Say... I'll not wait for another 5 more long years.. I'll do it this Saturday...

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For all his credentials as a people person, a fine backbencher MP and a beloved doctor, he's at the end of the day a dyed-in-the-wool PAP man.

If you want the status quo and a good ceremonial president, vote TCB.

If you want a president who will discharge his custodial duties well and act as a check on the government, vote TJS.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for electing Dr. Tony Tan as President of the Republic of Singapore.

A Vote for Tan Jee Say is a Vote for Chee Soon Juan.

Sad to inform you I have decided to cast my vote for TJS as these past 2 days I hear comments from you that truly disappointed me.

- Firstly, you said you agree that the the Marxist Conspiracy was guilty. Any fool can see that it was not so.

In conclusion, I am aghast to discover that all along you were not the man I thought you were. TJS has my vote despite having a combative attitude. Hopefully he will tone down and be more subdued. Despite this he does not seemed to be a man who will compromised his ideals, which I think you do if it suits you.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for electing Dr. Tony Tan as President of the Republic of Singapore.

A Vote for Tan Jee Say is a Vote for Chee Soon Juan.

Fuck you lah! Early in the morning spread your cheebye so wide!:oIo:

Last edited:

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been following TCB's facebook since May, and when asked about the 1987 event, he was ignoring the questions posed to him completely, only acknowledging praises and supportive posts. Eventually, he deleted those posts asking him about the 1987 event. Despite this, I was still supportive of TCB when campaigning started.

But the past few days have shown him to be too much of an opportunist. He thinks he is being "principled" when he accepts the president's salary as it is. But I see a diplomat who thinks foremost of his own welfare, before the good of the people. All his replies to interviews so far show him to be very much Nathan-like.

I also doubt his ability to exercise independent judgment or ability to think out of the box in exercising his moral authority.

I am particularly shocked that as a doctor, he advocates the death penalty. Instead of respecting lives as any morally sound doctors would, he advocates taking away by force the right of another to live? These two topics alone (detention without trial, and death penalty) shows how unfeeling and devoid of compassion this doctor can be.

One can't help but wonder why he didn't stand up to run for the office for the past two PEs. Are they playing rotation? Is TCB running now only because he has gotten approval to do so? Or he was told to wait until now?

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the same for those who do not want TT to win better cast your vote to TJS since only he stands a good chance of beating TT. Personally I don't think he is the best man for the job but the idea of a MIW victory in the person of TT sickens me.

jujim

Alfrescian
Loyal
To you all TJS backers out there, you will need to thank TCB if indeed TJS wins. Apparently TCB is now targeting the swingers/undecided who might be voting for TT. They are reaching out as much as possible to these people, latest via SMS. I do believe TCB is aligning himself with these groups. At this stage of the campaigning, those vocals and outspokens would have made up their mind.

I do hope and in a way I am sure, TCB team is not stupid.

August 27 is getting interesting.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TRE:
Dr Tan Cheng Bock has staunchly declared that pledging to donate part of the presidential salary if elected could be akin to buying people’s vote.

“If somebody tells me he will vote for me if I take a pay cut, I don’t know whether I’m actually compromising on (my) principles — that is, actually, I’m buying your vote,” he explained.

“If I compromise before I become President, can you imagine when I am President? I can make many, many compromises also. In life, there are certain fundamental principles I won’t concede on.” *

At first glance, it seems like a fair opinion by Dr Tan, whose comments can be seen as being derived from a strongly principled and righteous character. However, on closer scrutiny, Dr Tan only serves to dispute his principles and discredit his character.

Dr Tan served as a PAP Member of Parliament for 26 years (1980-2006), and was the first non cabinet minister elected into the People’s Action Party Central Executive Committee (1987-1996). He resigned as a PAP member in May 2011.

Dangling carrots like estate upgrading and ‘growth dividends’ is PAP’s favourite go-to tactic to curry favour and votes before elections. This is indisputably a clear and conspicuous example of vote buying that Dr Tan alludes to. In light of Dr Tan’s view that pledging to donate part of the presidential salary is akin to vote buying, surely he would consider PAP’s actions as even more deplorable and reprehensible.

As a PAP candidate who contested 6 General Elections in the Ayer-Rajah constituency, Dr Tan has undeniably benefitted politically from the material incentives PAP offered to voters. Why did Dr Tan not consider this as “compromising on his principles” then? In his 31 years as a PAP member and 10 years as CEC member, why did Dr Tan not feel his conscience pricking and speak out? Having said that he would resign as President if he had a strong disagreement with the Government at TOC’s Face to Face 2 **, why did Dr Tan still continue as a PAP member until only 5 months ago?

There can only be two explanations. Dr Tan is either blatantly lying when he says donating the presidential salary is against his principles, or he compromised on his principles during his time as a PAP MP and member. Unfortunately for Dr Tan, he was quoted as saying “I won’t compromise on things I don’t believe in” ***. So the only logical conclusion is that Dr Tan believed in what the PAP was doing to secure votes, and hence his disagreement with donating the presidential salary is hypocritical to say the least.

Let us have a President who does not waver in his principles.

Frank

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So the only logical conclusion is that Dr Tan believed in what the PAP was doing to secure votes, and hence his disagreement with donating the presidential salary is hypocritical to say the least.

Well said. Actually I see the pledge not as vote-buying (voters don't benefit when you donate to charity, unlike giving out Grow & Share dividends), but as a symbolic protest against the obscene presidential (and ministerial) salary. It is about the candidate (TKL and TJS) stating their principle, and living by it.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It becomes clearer in the past few days that TCB still shares the same core values and outlook of the pappy.

The main thing that attracts the non pappy to him is that he dares to open his mouth and disagrees with some policies of the pappy-but the jist is that he still shares the same philosophy as the pappy.
TCB is simply a pappy with a softer touch,BUT still a pappy nonetheless.
Do not delude ourselves by thinking that a Lexus is not a Toyota or the Acura is not a Honda.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. Actually I see the pledge not as vote-buying (voters don't benefit when you donate to charity, unlike giving out Grow & Share dividends), but as a symbolic protest against the obscene presidential (and ministerial) salary. It is about the candidate (TKL and TJS) stating their principle, and living by it.

Frankly, I can understand if TCB is attracted to the $4 million salary and why he will not bulge, not even a dollar. It's legal after all.

What I don't like is the way he masquerades his intention to have the President salary in full. Instead of saying "No, I'm not going to accept a lower salary, I want all for myself the entire $4 million," he chooses to attack the altruism of the other two candidates by cynically insinuating that they're buying votes. The least TCB should have done was to acknowledge that TJS and TKL are entering the race not for the money.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have gone the opposition way as you. After meeting recently, I find TJS's arrogance exceeds that of even TKL's. There were also other issues that came to my mind about TJS. Where was he when JBJ was sued and detained the "Marxists". As GCT's high-salaried PPS. My vote is going for TCB.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are putting words into TCB mouth. He did not say he wants 4 million. He said he is not in position to decide the President's pay and will accept the recommendations by the committee.

You tell me TJS, TKL or even TT got the power to decide the President pay? Bear in mind this salary is not for TJS or TKL, TT or TCB. This salary is for the PRESIDENT. You can ask them what they want but they cannot tell us what the President is worth.

TJS say he wants 500,000 salary. What if the committee come out and say now President will get 400,000? Will TJS take it? If he takes it then he is doing what TCB has said. If he kpkb and ask for 500,000 instead of taking the committee recommended 400,000 then will you still vote him?

Frankly, I can understand if TCB is attracted to the $4 million salary and why he will not bulge, not even a dollar. It's legal after all.

What I don't like is the way he masquerades his intention to have the President salary in full. Instead of saying "No, I'm not going to accept a lower salary, I want all for myself the entire $4 million," he chooses to attack the altruism of the other two candidates by cynically insinuating that they're buying votes. The least TCB should have done was to acknowledge that TJS and TKL are entering the race not for the money.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a way, this PE is silly. Selecting a person who can't do much or should it be "not much to do?". Getting everybody excited over who is better. The real losers are the public - paying millions of tax-payers money to the eventual winner. How I wished that one of them will stand out and declare that he will reject the entire pay because he is volunteering to look after the reserve and to serve. After all the candidates are rich enough to pass this life comfortably. Cut the crap that such an act is equivalent to vote buying. Such argument reminds me of wise sayings like "increasing GST will help the poor".

Ya, I am dreaming. No one will do so. At the end, each has his own agenda and purpose. So lets just enjoy our holiday on Saturday.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have gone the opposition way as you. After meeting recently, I find TJS's arrogance exceeds that of even TKL's. There were also other issues that came to my mind about TJS. Where was he when JBJ was sued and detained the "Marxists". As GCT's high-salaried PPS. My vote is going for TCB.

Bro...as a PPS he was only a civil servant, albeit a high level one. He was not a lawmaker and do not wield any influence. He might write letters and even sign letters on behalf of GCT, but that is as far as it goes. He could be arrogant, I do not know, but I think out of the 4, he has a more independent mind and has expressed views that I agree with.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can ask them what they want but they cannot tell us what the President is worth.

Precisely. TJS has said that $500,000 is plenty, more than enough for himself. He is not saying what the President is worth.

TJS say he wants 500,000 salary. What if the committee come out and say now President will get 400,000? Will TJS take it? If he takes it then he is doing what TCB has said. If he kpkb and ask for 500,000 instead of taking the committee recommended 400,000 then will you still vote him?

You're putting words in TJS's mouth. He said $500,000 is already more than enough for himself. What does that mean? It means if the committee gives him more than $500k, he may consider giving excess away. If they give him less than $500k, he'll accept it.

After all his contention is that the President's salary is too high, not too low.

Brush up on your English comprehension before you comment on people's statements.

Last edited: