• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hurray.. Mr Tharman launch his Presidential campaign. Please sirpok

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Singapore's former senior minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam on Wednesday (Jul 26) said he intended to be "a President for a new era" as he officially launched his campaign for the office.

“I stepped into this race because I feel very strongly in the need to evolve Singapore's culture, some of our norms and the way we go about working with each other so that we remain a shining spot in the world,” said Mr Tharman at a press conference at the York Hotel.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
The official launch comes more than a month after Mr Tharman first announced his intention to run for President. On Jun 8, he informed Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong that he was putting himself forward as a candidate, and in doing so leaving politics and the People’s Action Party.

Accompanied by his wife Jane Yumiko Ittogi on Wednesday, Mr Tharman outlined challenges facing Singapore both globally and domestically and emphasised that the nation's real challenge was to avoid becoming a divided society.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP open doors for him to humsup white man loyal Princess in the West.... Princess Anna be next? He can stay in lagi bigger bangalow in UK...

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I donch understand why we bother with the process of electing an ex-PAP to be the President ? Just appoint one unashamedly and save time, money and efforts to make to the polling booth…if there is even an election in the first place.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I donch understand why we bother with the process of electing an ex-PAP to be the President ? Just appoint one unashamedly and save time, money and efforts to make to the polling booth…if there is even an election in the first place.
Wayang... remove this useless Loong this stupid thing won't happen

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Simple, because there are enough PAP fanboys and fangirls out there to let him win the contest to be the overpaid Istana doggie. :biggrin:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only idiots will select a (recent) player from either team to be the referee.
Are Sinkies idiots?