• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Huge Garage Sale Blunder

Rayden

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Mum's Diamond Ring Sold For $10

A mother is devastated after her husband sold the ring at a garage sale while she was in hospital after having their fifth child.

12:21pm Thursday 13 June 2013

clavierlady-1-522x293.jpg

Racquel has appealed for the return of her wedding ring. Pic: KABC-TV

weddingring-1-402x293.jpg

The $22,000 diamond ring. Pic: KABC-TV

A mother-of-five has been left devastated after her husband accidentally sold her diamond wedding ring for $10.

Racquel Cloutier, 31, was in hospital after the birth of her fifth child when her husband Eric decided to get rid of some unwanted household items at a garage sale.

But he was unaware that his wife had been storing her precious ring - worth around $22,000 - in an old watch box he decided to sell.

Mrs Cloutier went into a panic when she discovered the ring was gone on her return home four days later.

She told ABC News: "I go into my husband's closet, can't find the box, and then he tells me he sold it."

"I said, 'You sold it? What do you mean you sold it?' I immediately started crying."

Mr Cloutier, from Laguna Niguel, California, said he feels "really terrible" about the accidental sale.

His wife said: "Every year our community holds a garage sale. I was in the hospital, I just had a baby, so my husband thought it would be fun for my other kids if they could sell some things at the garage sale.

clavierfamily-1-522x293.jpg

The sale took place in the Cloutiers' California neighbourhood pic: KABC-TV

"He didn’t know that before I went to the hospital, I put my ring in that box. I wanted the ring to be in a safe place and out of reach from my two-year-old twins."

The box was apparently bought by a blonde woman - and the couple hope she will now return the ring.

Fighting back tears, Mrs Cloutier said: "I'm very, very, very upset. I'm trying to remain optimistic but I don't know anymore. There's a small chance whoever bought the box doesn't know the ring is in there.

"I would never, ever keep the ring if I had found it. If you're honest, you’'e honest. Clearly, the ring was in the box by accident."