• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HUAT AH! COVID is killing Google, developer conference CANCELLED, unable to even hold online video conference!

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://tech.sina.com.cn/i/2020-03-21/doc-iimxxsth0672482.shtml

谷歌宣布彻底取消I/O开发者大会 线上都不办了

谷歌宣布彻底取消I/O开发者大会 线上都不办了

4aac-ireifzh1162442.jpg

新浪科技讯 北京时间3月21日消息,谷歌周五宣布彻底取消一年一度的I/O开发者大会,此前该公司在3月3日宣布,由于受到新冠病毒疫情的影响,将把I/O大会改为仅在线上举行,但现在线上大会也被取消了。
Facebook微软苹果公司也都已将各自的开发者大会转移到仅在线上举行,但谷歌是第一家彻底取消大会的公司。
谷歌发布Twitter消息称:“出于对开发者、员工和当地社区健康和安全的考虑——以及旧金山湾区当地政府的‘就地避难’(shelter in place)要求——我们很遗憾地决定今年不会以任何形式举办I/O大会。目前,我们大家能做的最重要的事情是,集中注意力去帮助人们应对所有人都正面临的新挑战。我们将继续竭尽所能地帮助社区保持安全,继续发出通报并保持联系。我们将继续致力于通过开发者博客和社区论坛与你们分享Android更新。”
谷歌通常会在I/O大会上推出软件更新,有时还会发布新的硬件产品。在去年的大会上,谷歌推出了Android和谷歌搜索(Google Search)软件更新,并发布了Nest Hub Max智能显示器以及Google Pixel 3a和Pixel 3a XL手机。今年的I/O大会原本预计将有数千人参加。(唐风)

Google announces complete cancellation of I / O developer conference
Google announces complete cancellation of I / O developer conference

Sina Technology News on March 21, Beijing time, Google announced on Friday that it has completely cancelled the annual I / O developer conference. Previously, the company announced on March 3 that due to the impact of the new crown virus epidemic, the I / O The O conference was held only online, but now the online conference has also been cancelled.

Facebook, Microsoft, and Apple have also moved their respective developer conferences to online only, but Google is the first company to completely cancel the conference.

Google issued a Twitter message stating: "Out of consideration for the health and safety of developers, employees, and the local community-and the" shelter in place "requirements of the San Francisco Bay Area local government-we regret to decide this year I / O conferences will not be held in any form. At present, the most important thing we all can do is to focus on helping people meet the new challenges that all of us are facing. We will continue to do everything we can to help the community maintain Stay safe, continue to send notifications and stay in touch. We will continue to work to share Android updates with you through developer blogs and community forums. "

Google usually launches software updates at I / O conferences, and sometimes releases new hardware products. At last year ’s conference, Google introduced software updates for Android and Google Search, and released the Nest Hub Max smart display and Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL phones. Thousands were expected to attend this year's I / O conference. (Tang Feng)

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/20/21188669/google-i-o-canceled-2020-coronavirus-pandemic

Google has completely canceled Google I/O 2020

There will be no I/O this year due to the novel coronavirus pandemic

By Jay Peters@jaypeters Mar 20, 2020, 3:58pm EDT

Share this story

acastro_180427_1777_0001.0.jpg
Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge
Google has completely canceled Google I/O 2020, its biggest event of the year, due to the ongoing spread of the novel coronavirus. The company announced on March 3rd that it canceled the physical I/O event, but now the whole thing is off.
“Out of concern for the health and safety of our developers, employees, and local communities — and in line with recent ‘shelter in place’ orders by the local Bay Area counties — we sadly will not be holding I/O in any capacity this year,” Google said in a statement on the I/O website. “Right now, the most important thing all of us can do is focus our attention on helping people with the new challenges we all face. Please know that we remain committed to finding other ways to share platform updates with you through our developer blogs and community forums.”
At I/O, which was set to take place from May 12th to 14th this year, Google typically shows off new features coming to Android and other Google services as well as announce new Google hardware. Now that the event is entirely canceled, it’s unclear if or when the company will share similar updates.
Many tech conferences have been canceled, changed, or delayed due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. Google announced on Tuesday that it would be indefinitely delaying its enterprise-focused Cloud Next conference, which had also already been changed from a physical event into a digital one. Apple said on March 13th that its 2020 Worldwide Developers Conference, typically a week-long in-person event, would be online-only. And Facebook and Microsoft have canceled the in-person portions of their spring developer conferences.
Related
Google cancels I/O 2020, its biggest event of the year
Google indefinitely delays the digital version of its Cloud Next conference

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/3/2...ncelled-coronavirus-tech-developer-conference

Google cancels I/O 2020, its biggest event of the year
24 comments

Google’s developer event scrapped due to coronavirus spread

By Tom Warren@tomwarren Mar 3, 2020, 3:49pm EST

Share this story

acastro_180427_1777_0001.0.jpg
Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge
Google is canceling its I/O developer event this year, amid the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. Google I/O was due to take place between May 12th to 14th this year, and the cancellation comes just days after Google scrapped its Cloud Next event in San Francisco in favor of a “digital-first” event.
“Due to concerns around the coronavirus (COVID-19), and in accordance with health guidance from the CDC, WHO, and other health authorities, we have decided to cancel the physical Google I/O event at Shoreline Amphitheatre,” explains a Google spokesperson in a statement to The Verge.
Google I/O is a big news event for the company
Google typically uses I/O as its biggest news event of the year to introduce new changes to Android, Google-powered hardware, and even updates to services like Google Maps. Google says it’s now exploring “other ways to evolve Google I/O to best connect with and continue to build our developer community.”
Google says attendees will be refunded in full by March 13th, and those who purchased tickets for this year’s event will be automatically granted the option of buying a Google I/O 2021 ticket.
Google’s cancelation of I/O is the latest in a line of tech events to be scrapped due to coronavirus concerns. Mobile World Congress was canceled last month, followed by Facebook’s F8 developer conference, the Game Developer Conference, and lots more.

Top articles1/5READ MORE
Google Maps warns to call your doctor before visiting if you think you contracted COVID-19

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/coronavirus-google-io-2020-canceled-wont-be-hosted-online.html

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zoom is the most popular video conferencing app used in sillycon valley during shutdown of businesses, schools, colleges, universities, yoga and dance classes. almost every learning and conferencing transaction is done remotely in the valley, and only zoom is keeping up well with the massive demand. google apps not so good.