• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hri Kumar's response to 76-yr old retirement on CPF(video)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Comment: Did I just heard Hri Kumar says (@ 0:34) that most people prefer to keep their money in the CPF because it pays higher interest rate?

He's absolutely right. I have more than $300,000 left in my CPF account for that very reason. I tried to get a better rate from the banks but none could match CPF.

Bangali

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comment: Did I just heard Hri Kumar says (@ 0:34) that most people prefer to keep their money in the CPF because it pays higher interest rate?

Most people NOT all people, they still don't get it, die die don't want to release

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some interesting comments from Youtube viewers:

karmlan123
10 hours ago (edited)

At the right, what is that UGLY CHEONGSAM doing?
·
patricia pat
9 hours ago

she is PAP grassroot, dont play play
·
presentationpaper
22 hours ago

00:20 PAP member trying to use force to push a 76-year old lady away. Using physical methods to try to suppress views. Fortunately the lady was brave enough to say: "you don't have to do that." terrible thuggish behavior, hri kumar, Singaporeans will note that!
·
Shigure31
21 hours ago (edited)

I think it is too much of a stretch to say that's using force. Unfortunately, the lady had said her piece and was just repeating herself. From how I see it, the man was trying to politely usher her back to her seat so her question could be addressed, or give someone else the opportunity to speak.

Furthermore, the lady says she wants to make plans or something else with her money. It isn't even clear what she wants to do with the money, whether it is an exigent matter such as giving it out to her family, or just to spend it all as soon as possible.

Terrible thuggish behaviour? I note the terrible exaggerations of the opposition mindset!
·
Gong Chan
19 hours ago

+Shigure31 That bald chap should learn to keep his own filthy hands to himself. He has no rights whatsoever to lay his hands on another person, even to just touch that person is wrong, especially on an elderly lady so much older then him. That is the very basic respect for the elderly. From the way I see it, that bald man was given the "HINTS" by some supposedly "Balls Carriers" to remove the Old Lady so as to prevent her from further embarrassing the Government with her strong worded appeal to have her money in her Retirement account returned to her. Guess you weren't at the Open dialogue were you? Or perhaps you didn't really pay much attention to that video when it was played. Otherwise you would have heard*Very Clearly* that the old lady is appealing to Mr Hri Kumar to help get CPF to return her, her remaining money in her retirement account so that she can make preparation for her own funeral. BTW that old lady mentioned too that she is a SPINSTER. So now as according to you, when we deposit our own money into the CPF , we need to report on what we intend to do with our OWN MONEY when we cash that out?
·
daryl bay
18 hours ago

Fark pls. He said we make our own decisions. We want high interest yet want to take out now? Limpei mai interest. Interest all suck away to hdb. Mai kong lanjiao wei. Just give it back.

OWE MONEY PAY MONEY FOOLS
·
patricia pat
9 hours ago

I am not interested in the interest, what is the point of high interest when we can't use our money, just like the stupid Lim Swee Say " every month look at the CPF statement "wow I am so rich" they con us with the "high" interest. Many would prefer to stay at home and spend time with family members and enjoy the fruits of their labour.
·
Philip Ng
2 hours ago

Can MP Hri Kumar please verify this lady's comments, situation and request and post a detailed and accurate response? We all want to know the truth to this.
·
Kc Lau
3 hours ago

Some MPs are useless, I spoke to mine a few years back regarding lift upgrading, I asked him why the contractor barricaded the place for so long and no work being done, he answered me saying probably waiting for the cement to get dried or harden. I was wondering whether he thought we are fools or he is the bigger FOOL.
·
Ng Hua Gee
10 hours ago

Minimum sum is our money.
If all money draw out it still don't affected.
What you need extra tax for?
·
Kent Hong
11 hours ago

From the respond, you can tell that this Kumar is not prepared. This is not the standard we expect from a MP. Shame. Luckily he is not my MP.
·
Ng Hua Gee
10 hours ago

Minimum sum is a automatic policy @55 the policy kick in.
Without your agreedment.
Or signing in.

·
Ng Hua Gee
10 hours ago

Go and see your MP he suggest?
·
Anson Be
20 hours ago

give me my money back and dun bullshit us

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
lan jeow lah boss. $300K you lend me i become legal ahlong can make 3 times at least in 1 year.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal

Perhaps you are barking up the wrong tree? I don't mind keeping my money in CPF because it does really pay higher interest than other instruments of similar risks. What I am against is I hate being forced to buy that annuity. That annuity looks like a losing proposition for me. People should question the annuity instead.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Perhaps you are barking up the wrong tree? I don't mind keeping my money in CPF because it does really pay higher interest than other instruments of similar risks. What I am against is I hate being forced to buy that annuity. That annuity looks like a losing proposition for me. People should question the annuity instead.
that was a cut and paste from the given link...

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the co driver has a better alternative? After they KPKB making housing prices go down together with rental, old people who live on rental suffers and those who need cash by downgrading also suffer.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say, but it is true that some CPF members prefer to keep their money in the CPF because of the higher interest. I personally know a few. However, these members need to be aware that in subsequent withdrawal of the surplus (after 55 years), these surplus will be used to top up the Minimum Medisave Sum first (remember that the Medisave also keeps rising every July) before they can withdraw it. What this means is that the surplus that a member can withdraw will get lesser and lesser every year, unless he still works after 55years.