• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to terminate Mio TV?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How to terminate Mio TV? Can anyone advise?

Heard that we can only bring to certain Singpost outlet and not all Hellop Shops. Is that true?

Obviously Mio TV website is silent on the cancellation procedure.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why don't you call the Singtel hotline 1688 and ask their customer service rep?

I tried. Those chumps "from the termination Dept" are off for today.

The CSO who picked up the call has absolutely no clue on the cancellation procedure. Can you imagine that?

:mad:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No choice but to wait till tomorrow then.

You can go to Singtel HQ and 大闹天宫, but I don't see the point.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Heard that we can only bring to certain Singpost outlet and not all Hellop Shops. Is that true?

<header style="color: rgb(102, 102, 102); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">Words through my fingers.

Talk is cheap. Writing is free.

</header>Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let me terminate my Mio TV, please

If you look through SingTel FAQ, you'll find this.

How do I terminate my mio TV service?
For termination of mio TV service, please call our mio Hotline 1688.
Hotline operating hours:Daily, 8am - 10pm

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

However, don't waste your time calling their Hotline.

There is no phone option for termination in the first place. You will instead be put through their phone options maze where you'll probably get hold of the customer service in the end. If not, try your luck by calling again. And after wasting your time asking for details, the CSO will transfer you to instead to the termination department.

You will be serviced by another CSO who will try to persuade you to not terminate their service. They practically hard sell not just to get you to keep your Mio TV service, but everything under the red umbrella.

The best part is when in the end they will tell you that the actual termination will only take place when you return their set top box to one of the four SingPost branch. In other words, you do not need to waste your time calling their Hotline.

I do not know who came out with this brilliant idea to piss customers off because it works very well indeed.

Anyway the four SingPost branch, correct at the time I posted this, are

1. Paya Lebar
2. Killiney Road
3. Woodlands
4. Jurong Point

Update: As mentioned in one of the comments, it is advisable to make a call to the branch first to check if they are able to process your termination request. Also, the items to return are the mio box, the power supply and the remote controller. Do make sure that your contract is over, else there will be termination fee. To find out if you are still under contract, call 1688.

Update: As mentioned by garfeel, you can also have it sent to SingTel Shop at Bugis and AMK

Update: SingTel customer service did say that certain Hello Shop are able to provide termination service. I guess it is best to call the outlet you plan to go first.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can return it to Singpost ( Woodlands, Killiney, Jurong point or Paya Lebar).

items required:
set-top box
power adapter
remote control
latest MIO tv bill

if you are not the subscriber, you will need the subscriber's IC photocopy and a letter of authorization for the process.

Jemini

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other time I cancelled mine, I was told by the CS over the phone to go down to Paya Lebar Singpost to return the equipment. When I did so, the CS over the counter at Paya Lebar told me to return it at Tampines Hello Shop instead. So I think you better double check before you made a futile trip.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And this is why Singtel is such a scummy telco, and we should stop giving our money to it, including buying Singtel shares or watching the Singapore F1 race.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The other time I cancelled mine, I was told by the CS over the phone to go down to Paya Lebar Singpost to return the equipment. When I did so, the CS over the counter at Paya Lebar told me to return it at Tampines Hello Shop instead. So I think you better double check before you made a futile trip.

Thanks.

Will upz your points later today.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And this is why Singtel is such a scummy telco, and we should stop giving our money to it, including buying Singtel shares or watching the Singapore F1 race.

Yes, they are sucmmy alright. After my Mio TV termination, I have nothing to do with them.

Sold their shares 10 years ago and I never give a fuck about F1.

Even their Call Centre is outsourced to India. What can I say!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was at Killiney Road Post Office one Sunday...saw a notice on something like "termination of MIO TV" but did not pay attention to it..maybe you shoild pop in there, if you are near to Orhcard Road Central...

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, you must be one of those Luck fews who are not contracted or are bundLed with SingteL's serVices.
How many times when i tried to canceL my Mio's; i was aLways reminded that mine's was a bundLed package..:(
It's Like the HoteL CaLifornia song: You can check out anytime you LIke, but you can Never LeaVe ! :mad:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, you must be one of those Luck fews who are not contracted or are bundLed with SingteL's serVices.
How many times when i tried to canceL my Mio's; i was aLways reminded that mine's was a bundLed package..:(
It's Like the HoteL CaLifornia song: You can check out anytime you LIke, but you can Never LeaVe ! :mad:

i have stopped any form of bundling and special offers....:smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
watz so difficult? ... cancel ze whogle singtel servis la ...