• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to delete your Snapchat account

JohnnyCage

Alfrescian
Loyal

How to delete your Snapchat account

After a recent data leak from Snapchat, for some the only answer is to delete your account. Here's how.

by Jason Cipriani
January 3, 2014 10:23 AM PST

Delete_Snapchat_610x410.jpg

(Credit: Jason Cipriani/CNET)

When a company like Snapchat has a security breach and a file containing usernames and matching phone numbers is leaked, you expect certain steps to be taken by the company. First, you want the security exploit to be fixed. Second, you want an apology from the company and some sort of reassurance your privacy is valued.

Sadly, that's not how Snapchat has chosen to handle its current situation. On Thursday, a letter explaining what happened, and what the company was going to do to prevent it from happening again was posted on the company blog. In it you'll find nothing close to an apology; you won't even find a reference to the company taking privacy seriously.

The company stated an app update is forthcoming which will allow users to opt-out of the Find Friends feature which is to blame for the leak, and that it's making it more difficult for the same exploit to be used again.

If you're unsure if you're information was included in the leak, here's how to find out.

With your own privacy in mind, you might be considering deleting your Snapchat account. The process is simple, irreversible, and only takes about a few minutes of your time.

Snapchat_Account_Deletion_610x330.jpg

(Credit: Screenshot by Jason Cipriani/CNET)

To delete your Snapchat account, visit snapchat.com/a/delete_account and log into your account. You'll then be prompted to enter your password again, followed by clicking on the green "Delete My Account" button. Remember, when you delete your account, it cannot be undone. After clicking not the giant green button, Snapchat will delete your account.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think sinkies and ppl from this region use snapchat just like aol in the past only Americans used that.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not even a chat app.....it is a photo snapping app.........KNN, why people use it only their Gods know.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
snapchat's claim to fame is in its ability to delete text messages after they are sent and read on mobiles. it's popular among "cheaters" and players for sexting and flirting as messages are automatically erased after they are sent, received and read. it was worth usd3b when fb offered to buy it and usd4b when google tried to acquire it after they declined the fb offer. it will not be worth a billion now that users are vacating it like the plague, as fears of getting busted with names and numbers are real. not that there is incriminating evidence such as kinky messages left in the trail, the fact that your number and membership on snapchat get exposed to everyone, especially your lovey dovey, is a no no in the snapchat closet community. it's like your colleagues suddenly find out you're a serial part of the swingers spa of sf after knowing you as a serious supervisor starving of sex in the san ramon suburb. :eek:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried wechat and got lots of prostitutes propositioning me.
I ask everyone to get Whasapp if they want to contact me...Line I get as a compromise to contact my thai girls.
Got no need for the rest.

Try Kakaotalk... it has great features, too bad not many people know about its existence.