• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious How to chicken rice short cut?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rice part is easy. I just buy Prima stock. It's the meat that is the problem. must dip inside cold water?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
need ice water bath. see ice water bath at 8:53 of video. extra kitchen tool of 3-hook ring is very useful.

How long to cook the chicken? When I was a student at Windypeg, I did the boil/turn off routine 4 times, 15 min interval in between. Won't meet Margaret Drive chicken rice standard but quite laku with my friends.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How long to cook the chicken? When I was a student at Windypeg, I did the boil/turn off routine 4 times, 15 min interval in between. Won't meet Margaret Drive chicken rice standard but quite laku with my friends.
in windypeg can throw chicken on yellow snow during winter to shock it. when you drop raw chicken into boiling pot, the temperature will drop and you need to wait for it to boil again for 6.9 minutes before removing for an ice water bath. the process of bringing water to a boil again may take several minutes. one cycle enough liao. too many cycles may overcook the meat as you need to wait for water to cum boil several times.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in windypeg can throw chicken on yellow snow during winter to shock it. when you drop raw chicken into boiling pot, the temperature will drop and you need to wait for it to boil again for 6.9 minutes before removing for an ice water bath. the process of bringing water to a boil again may take several minutes. one cycle enough liao. too many cycles may overcook the meat as you need to wait for water to cum boil several times.

You should start a chicken rice restaurant in Windypeg ...lots of Pinoy ladies waiting to eat your chicken rice and sauce. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should start a chicken rice restaurant in Windypeg ...lots of Pinoy ladies waiting to eat your chicken rice and sauce. :biggrin:
they prefer deep fried chicken and burned bbq meat. boiled first, deep fried or bbq or stewed for 6.9 hours. pinoy cuisine is a disaster.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they prefer deep fried chicken and burned bbq meat. boiled first, deep fried or bbq or stewed for 6.9 hours. pinoy cuisine is a disaster.

Many of the pinoy ladies have worked in sinkapore ...so they are familiar with chicken rice. You come ...you could even end up with a harem of pinoy ladies.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
need ice water bath. see ice water bath at 8:53 of video. extra kitchen tool of 3-hook ring is very useful.
What is the theory behind this ice water bath ? Doesn't cold water make the meat hard ?

I used microwave to cook the chicken, but as soon as the temperature cools down the texture of the meat becomes hard. But ice is something that will make solid contracts and hard. No ?

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the theory behind this ice water bath ? Doesn't cold water make the meat hard ?

I used microwave to cook the chicken, but as soon as the temperature cools down the texture of the meat becomes hard. But ice is something that will make solid contracts and hard. No ?
it has a few purposes. 1st is stop the process of cooking. meat and bones are still cooking when removed from boiling water. ice water bath brings the temperature down and prevents overcooking. 2nd is to evenly cool the meat for the whole chicken. otherwise overcooked outside and undercooked inside as skin retains heat. 3rd is to “gelatize” the skin and fat if there’s such a word. the skin is part of an authentic hainanese chicken lice meal. to keep its bounciness and gelatin-like texture intact, must shock it with ice water. otherwise it will becum very soft and break apart.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
it has a few purposes. 1st is stop the process of cooking. meat and bones are still cooking when removed from boiling water. ice water bath brings the temperature down and prevents overcooking. 2nd is to evenly cool the meat for the whole chicken. otherwise overcooked outside and undercooked inside as skin retains heat. 3rd is to “gelatize” the skin and fat if there’s such a word. the skin is part of an authentic hainanese chicken lice meal. to keep its bounciness and gelatin-like texture intact, must shock it with ice water. otherwise it will becum very soft and break apart.
Amazing ! Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amazing ! Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
you’re welcum. due to lack of authentic sinkie food where i live, i resort to cooking all kinds of sinkie comfort food myself. recently i was successful with nonya kuehs. my seri muka can now be considered sinkie authentic, but with natural, organic, wholesome ingredients. extracting juice from pandan leaves by hand is the 2nd most difficult part. must resort to juicer. stirring or whipping the pandan juice, sugar, egg, flour mixture by hand without incurring too much air into mixture and creation of fine bubbles is the most challenging. may have to resort to blender.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you’re welcum. due to lack of authentic sinkie food where i live, i resort to cooking all kinds of sinkie comfort food myself. recently i was successful with nonya kuehs. my seri muka can now be considered sinkie authentic, but with natural, organic, wholesome ingredients. extracting juice from pandan leaves by hand is the 2nd most difficult part. must resort to juicer. stirring or whipping the pandan juice, sugar, egg, flour mixture by hand without incurring too much air into mixture and creation of fine bubbles is the most challenging. may have to resort to blender.

I thought there is a sizeable sinkee population in SF? There are so many direct flights to SG from SFO. 16 hours later, you are back in PAP utopia. Come back, I buy you nonya kuay. Hainanese kopi thrown in. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought there is a sizeable sinkee population in SF? There are so many direct flights to SG from SFO. 16 hours later, you are back in PAP utopia. Come back, I buy you nonya kuay. Hainanese kopi thrown in. :biggrin:
not enough to sustain an authentic sinkie restaurant. the best and most authentic was raffles cafe in fremont. closed already years ago. even straits cafe is suffering. they need live music and a cocktail lounge to make ends meet. money is in men buying sexy chicks drinks. the only “authentic” sinkie restaurant in sillycon valley scratching the wok is shiok in menlo park. very dead downtown during lunch and dinner. no lines and wait time at all. don’t know how long it can survive. if there are no cheap or free sinkie hawker meals don’t ever sexpect to find sinkies waiting in line and choping tables with tissues, cards, and umbrellas. sinkies try to look sexpensive outside but they are truly cheapies inside.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not enough to sustain an authentic sinkie restaurant. the best and most authentic was raffles cafe in fremont. closed already years ago. even straits cafe is suffering. they need live music and a cocktail lounge to make ends meet. money is in men buying sexy chicks drinks. the only “authentic” sinkie restaurant in sillycon valley scratching the wok is shiok in menlo park. very dead downtown during lunch and dinner. no lines and wait time at all. don’t know how long it can survive. if there are no cheap or free sinkie hawker meals don’t ever sexpect to find sinkies waiting in line and choping tables with tissues, cards, and umbrellas. sinkies try to look sexpensive outside but they are truly cheapies inside.

You can order prima sinkapore laksa online ...they deliver to you in USA. Or you make friends with SQ stewardess lah ...they can bring things for you from Sinkapore. You serve them in SF, they serve you sinkapore kuay. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can order prima sinkapore laksa online ...they deliver to you in USA. Or you make friends with SQ stewardess lah ...they can bring things for you from Sinkapore. You serve them in SF, they serve you sinkapore kuay. :biggrin:
do you mean sinkie chicken like in kio kway? no lah. sinkie chicken cannot compete with russian, east european, jap, gook, and tiong chicks. moreover, whatever food that is not vacuum sealed dogs at sfo will sniff them out, and they will kena cheong kong. any food with seeds, meat, fresh roots, leaves and stalks (like in a salad) can get them detained and fined.