• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to brew quality cup of coffee in 10 minutes

AddinMedia

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are particular about coffee, you know how frustrating it is to get a consistence good cup of coffee from your neighborhood coffee shop. The coffee is either too thin, too thick, sourish, bitter, not hot enough or you are helpless to control the sweetness.

Like all good things in life, to brew a good cup of coffee you must be patience, meticulous and paying attention to details.

Coffee Powder

If you did not already had a good source of coffee powder, I recommend you get from the supermarket. There are couple of brands being package by Limmy Food, the 500 gm superior Robusta cost about $3 or the more fragrant Arabic which cost about $5.20. Robusta has more body but less fragrant but just as good. I won't recommend any other local brand besides those package by Limmy, not my cup of tea!

Milk

I like my coffee "not too sweet", anyway that's your choice. However, you my like to add evaporated milk in addition to condense milk which will produce a smoother cup of coffee. If you got the Angmo taste, you may prefer to add full cream milk etc...

Equipment

Here I use the traditional cloth coffee strainer, 1 stainless steel container with cover, good enough for 2 cups or more and 1 sauce pan, big enough to to fit in your stainless steel container.

Brewing

Bring to about boil the amount of water needed in the saucepan. Important, make sure water is beginning to bubble and not bubbling away. If you bring the water to complete boil make sure you let it cool for 3 minutes, without cover. Ok, when water is ready, for each standard cup of coffee you need a table spoon sharp of coffee powder. Spoon it into the metal container, pour in the hot water and cover. Place the container back into the saucepan ( with a cm of the reminding hot water in it), and use the smallest fire that you can adjust on your stove and let it sits or 5 minutes ( max 10 minutes depending on your fire).

Straining

Strain the coffee slowly into your cup and discard the leftover. I have to stress that you boil more water then needed, ie. for each cup you make, give an allowance of one third cup to waste, that is because the residue that sits on the bottom are bad.

Well that's it, have a nice cuppa.

cs

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
e7gsuq.jpg

2e6eihi.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me 2 lazy 2 brew my own kopi ...

my downstairs kopitiam's kopi-o tee-lor @ 70 ¢ is gd enuff 4 me ...

Last edited:

AddinMedia

Alfrescian
Loyal
3-in-one, no matter how good are poor substitute.

Real coffee drinker will not consider these as coffee.:rolleyes:

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drink Vietnamese coffee. So buy a Vietnamese Coffee strainer. Cheap and easy to maintain. Any coffee will also do.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I brew my own coffee too. Will try Limmy Food's coffee if I see it. So cheap $3 for robusta. I get my Mister Coffee's Robusta which cost about $2.50 per 100g from Giant.

As for Tee-O, no need to waste money buying from kopitiam. Just a good tea bag and hot water only cost 20 cents at most. Fuss free and no need to wash up the pots too.

3 in 1 is really a poor substitute. Even Nescafe Gold sucks compared to the cheapest brewed coffee.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays kopi shops coffee no tastes at all. Cheap robusta from Vietnam. All they can do is to make it so thick that you get splitting headaches. Nescafe cat pee tastes better now.

AddinMedia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you can get it from NTUC, Sheng Siong or Shop and Save.

I use to buy expensive brand when I started out and it doesn't taste good. Now, I know it's all in the brewing though brand quality do make some difference.

cs

AddinMedia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays kopi shops coffee no tastes at all. Cheap robusta from Vietnam. All they can do is to make it so thick that you get splitting headaches. Nescafe cat pee tastes better now.

What makes you headache is probably your allergy to some of the spices mixed into the bean. The thickness comes from corn starch, if you ever bought coffee powder that looks very fine, that's because it has too much corn flour mix into it. That's why we regularly get's sourly coffee during the off peak period, yucks!:(

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@ 1st ... kopi kips me alert ... :smile: ...

den ... kopi kips me awake ... :p ...

now ... kopi kips me alive! ... :eek: ...