• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How to beat the GST increase ?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the impending GST increase , how do Singaporeans beat the inflation of goods and services ?

Please share your ideas.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How much do you want? Do you want 3 meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?

- Vivian B

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With the impending GST increase , how do Singaporeans beat the inflation of goods and services ?

Please share your ideas.

The best way is to increase your monthly income by 5%. That will offset the GST increase and still give you some extra monthly savings. Easy ways to up your monthly income by 5% like doing part time work for Grab driver, food panda delivery boy, impress your boss and get a pay raise.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will ask Heng Swee Keat if he wants Singaporeans to work overdrive to beat the GST increase.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say tam chia ter nao sinkie will continue to borrow money and spend like nothing happen.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am going to save the $300 Ang Bao in the bank and earn interest. That's how I am going to beat the GST increase.

--- Smart Investor Sinkie

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will do more exercise. Besides, making more money, I can keep my body healthy. Less medical fees. That's how I am going to beat the GST increase.

- 69 years old cardboard collector.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"If you cannot afford chicken, buy fish ! "

Best advice from Halimah Yacob

What the fish? These overpaid paid, out of touch overpaid civil servants, does not know that fish is much more expensive that chicken. If cannot afford chicken, how to buy fish?. Kuning used to be the cheapest fish you can buy, now, you go find out, how much it cost?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the idea , Sam!
No one should be complaining about our 9% GST. Ours is amongst the lowest in the world.

- HSK

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
The GST in Australia is 10%, and GST-exempt threshold for imports is AUD1000 (close to S$1000)

For us, GST is going to increase to 9% and we are lowering the threshold for GST-exempt imports from S$400.

Driving in opposite directions.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
GST in Canada is 5%.

And Alberta has no Provincial Sales Tax. So we only pay 5% GST.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Already mentioned by members, is to get rich and richer, cash rich.
No headaches how to counter the gst increase, only headache where to spend money.:biggrin: