• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How to be recognised as a wise men

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can be working in a corporate organisation taking up a low hierarchical post and yet be recognised and impressed by others within the organisation .

How to achieve this ?
One very good method that I used was to take part in quiz whereby everyone, regardless of their position and hierarchy taking up the same quiz.
Result was proven I was at the top .(with a death curse on me if this was fabricated) Everyone was speechlessly impressed but have to stay and act humble :biggrin:
This kind of quiz are usually happened during soft skill courses and boot camps.

Quoting from a recent real life event.
The Chinese saying . 真人不可貌相

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In real life you don't go around boasting about yourself. In a forum it is alright.
Prove it with hard facts when opportunity arrives .

Last edited:

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may ask what's the point of doing that ?
By doing this noone, including your reporting officer will dare to touch you even when you skive. Becas they know that this person is something rare I.e his 10mins of work exceeded the contribution of others who work for 9 hours per day . Aka valuable asset.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may ask what's the point of doing that ?
By doing this noone, including your reporting officer will dare to touch you even when you skive. Becas they know that this person is something rare I.e his 10mins of work exceeded the contribution of others who work for 9 hours per day . Aka valuable asset.
Next you may ask - Will your reporting officer or peer colleague feel threaten by your wisdom and capabilities and worry (especially your lead) that you will climb and take over his position?
This will happen if you did not specify properly your intentions to them. In my case I have assured them i am very happy with my current post and will not be interested of any promotions.
Hence everyone feels great having a wise men in their team to show to other department not to play or lookdown on them.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some stupid clowns even with a degree from ntu want to achieve this goal but they do it the wrong way by always hijacking and robbing everyone's chance to do presentation aka 抢风头 and ended looking silly .

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following statements are true.
1. It is easy for a wise men to identify a stupid man
2. It is not easy for stupid men to recognise a wise men
3 it takes a wiser men to recognise another wise men without much test