• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How They Train Olympic Champions in China

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
China is one of the top countries today when it comes to sports records. Chinese team is currently on the first place in London Olympics standings. But the golden medals of Chinese sportsmen are achieved through painstaking trainings that start in the early childhood. Is the Olympic success worth the children’s tears? It’s up to you to decide.

http://izismile.com/2012/08/02/how_they_train_olympic_champions_in_china_56_pics.html

how_they_train_olympic_champions_in_china_640_57.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
State run programmes throw out many rejects. Kids are in no position to say no. Is it really worth the pain for so many kids to endure so that the State gets glory.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
No pain, no gain.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

I not that old, Only in my late 20s...But i would consider them as my baby Leh.

I some how feel a need to carry and Sayang the two girls. ( shown at the #1 post.)

Last edited:

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
And introduce them to pot? :eek:

I would introduce them to pot once their body organ has fully grown and they are adults... Why not because it will make them have their own consciousness and make them into individuals after being brainwashed for decades.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What a disgusting nation. The fact that children need to be tortured for the sake of a gold medal speaks volumes about the morality of the Chinese.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think state needs approval of the parents, given the one child policy. So as long as ok with parents it is fine. The rewards are huge given the potential endorsements. Any athlete that hopes to reach intl stage has to put in the hours. Many go live away from their parents (USA, UK, Australia etc) and train 8 hours a day for years.

China is no longer a case of winning for national glory. It also comes with rewards. Just look at their former table tennis teach and their rewards playing for Singapore.

Sarcastic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Blood and tears of childhood behind gold medals

Key | August 21st, 2012

From IFeng:

At the London Olympics games, post 90s generation shined. However, what is not known behind the gold medals is a childhood filled with blood and tears. Look at these little faces with tears, hands and feet covered in scars, worn exercise bars and training pants, do you feel the pain?

20120821-kids-01.jpg

Little body not yet fully developed being forcefully stepped on everyday.

20120821-kids-02.jpg

The tearing little faces are easily seen in the training room.

20120821-kids-03.jpg

Hold back tears and practice.

20120821-kids-04.jpg

Kids endure pain and practice.

20120821-kids-05.jpg

Behind them is coach with “the ruler”.

20120821-kids-06.jpg

Must finish even with crying.

20120821-kids-07.jpg

Four “little bats” hanging there and resting.

20120821-kids-08.jpg

20120821-kids-09.jpg

Work those abs.

20120821-kids-10.jpg

Children’s hands.

20120821-kids-11.jpg

Children’s feet.

20120821-kids-12.jpg

Training pants that were worn out,

20120821-kids-13.jpg

Worn exercise bars

20120821-kids-14.jpg

Socks with holes. In order to point the toes, kids need to painfully walk on their toes everyday.

20120821-kids-15.jpg

Crawling.

20120821-kids-16.jpg

Childhood of handstands

20120821-kids-17.jpg

20120821-kids-18.jpg

20120821-kids-19.jpg

20120821-kids-20.jpg

20120821-kids-21.jpg

20120821-kids-22.jpg

The huge character "gold" is posted on the wall, glowing red and blazing, it has been burned into the hearts of the young children. "There is always a dream, but only a few children will last, most parents feel sorry for their kids (and stop the training), so many good seedlings are buried like that." Coach said with pity “If a child can successfully go down this road, we have to thank his/her parents the most for persisting."

20120821-kids-23.jpg