• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How the $8B was funded by returns belonging to CPF holders....

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
How the Pioneer fund is funded can simply be discovered through the revenue and expenditure statement:

http://www.singaporebudget.gov.sg/budget_2014/RevenueandExpenditure.aspx

Click on the "Topups Endowment and Trust Fund". This is where the $8B appeared.
Last year this item was $5.6B this year slight more $8+B.

Lets look at it:
Last year we have GST Vouchers of $3B but this year don't have,
Last year we have $1.8B more "topups to endowment".
Last year we have "cultural matching fund and youth" fund $0.27B but this year don't have.

$5B came from cut down in other optional spending. $2B came from surplus and $1B from deficit ...altogether $8B.

Most of the money came from Optional "one-off" spending that can be switch from one area to another. Last yr was GST voucher this year is "Pioneer Package". Next year they can maybe do "Youth Development Budget". ...etc. depending on what the govt wants to do.

How is this funded?
It is mostly money from NIR which Up to Half the returns of Temasek and GIC that is transferred to MoF. The usually transfer about $8B a year which looks like roughly 15-20% of the return....which is really a small fraction.

"The net investment returns contribution from the likes of GIC, Temasek and others comprise about 2.2% to 2.6% of GDP.
In budget terms, this adds about another 15% to the Government budget revenues, and enables the Government to support its social programmes without having to raise taxes.
- See more at: http://cgt.columbia.edu/news/speech...-wealth-fund-conference/#sthash.JLgQActx.dpuf
- Minister Lim Hng Kiang

Basically the Pioneer Package is a small fraction of the returns Singaporeans have been deprived of from our CPF which is given to GIC/Temasek to invest i.e. The money is extracted first from wage earning ordinary Singaporeans through CPF then given back to them later. Rather than raised from corporate taxes and higher progressive income taxation.

photo-52.png
Basically the Pioneer Package is funded by a small fraction of total money that should have been returned back to Singaporeans' CPF in the form of higher returns in the first place.

Normally such social spending is funded by taxation which is progressive with companies and rich individuals paying more. However, in Singapore, it is funded by Singaporean's "CPF deprived returns" money that should have gone back to CPF instead. The net result is the govt taxed everyone through CPF and kept taxes artificially low for businesses and rich individuals.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Basically its our $$$!
Those white bastards robbed our money and throw back spare change at us.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Basically its our $$$!
Those white bastards robbed our money and throw back spare change at us.

Agree. The pap imposes taxes, levies, GST, etc and collected obscene amounts of money from us.

The pap borrows cheap funds from CPF depositors, pays interest rate that is lower than inflation rate.

the $8billion is from us

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkees failed. I mean I look at my peers earning more than me. I look at their cash savings, knn, alot is negative cash flow. Mainly car and credit car loans. Die die also cannot lose job type. Even one of the breadwinner also cannot lose job. Husband or wife lose job also can become potential bedok reaervoir candidate.

That's why I say sinkees very unique. Ok tonychat is wrong afterall, only sinkees dare to play this type of russian roulette.