• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how son of solomon lost his father dynasty - just like spore

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
The leaders of Israel summoned him, and Jeroboam and the whole assembly of Israel went to speak with Rehoboam. “Your father was a hard master,” they said. “Lighten the harsh labor demands and heavy taxes that your father imposed on us. Then we will be your loyal subjects.”

Rehoboam replied, “Give me three days to think this over. Then come back for my answer.” So the people went away. Then King Rehoboam discussed the matter with the older men who had counseled his father, Solomon. “What is your advice?” he asked. “How should I answer these people?”

The older counselors replied, “If you are willing to be a servant to these people today and give them a favorable answer, they will always be your loyal subjects.”

But Rehoboam rejected the advice of the older men and instead asked the opinion of the young men who had grown up with him and were now his advisers. “What is your advice?” he asked them. “How should I answer these people who want me to lighten the burdens imposed by my father?”

The young men replied, “This is what you should tell those complainers who want a lighter burden: ‘My little finger is thicker than my father’s waist! Yes, my father laid heavy burdens on you, but I’m going to make them even heavier! My father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions!’”

Three days later Jeroboam and all the people returned to hear Rehoboam’s decision, just as the king had ordered. But Rehoboam spoke harshly to the people, for he rejected the advice of the older counselors and followed the counsel of his younger advisers. He told the people, “My father laid heavy burdens on you, but I’m going to make them even heavier! My father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions!”

So the king paid no attention to the people. This turn of events was the will of the Lord, for it fulfilled the Lord’s message to Jeroboam son of Nebat through the prophet Ahijah from Shiloh.

When all Israel realized that the king had refused to listen to them, they responded,

“Down with the dynasty of David!

We have no interest in the son of Jesse.

Back to your homes, O Israel!

Look out for your own house, O David!”

cicada

Alfrescian
Loyal
The parable of a rich and prosperous land

by Cicada Sky on Saturday, March 26, 2011 at 7:08pm

There was once a rich and powerful man. He became was old and seek to pass his fortunes and power to his sons. He made his eldest son as the heir of his kingdom and handed his wealth to his second son.The elder brother inheriting the kingdom, seek to glorify his kingdom beyond that of his father's.

Therefore he imposes taxes and drafted servants, to build splendid buildings and commission games.With a single mind to be the gloriest. His house improverished the servants. In hunger and cold they continue to toil, only to discover their portion continues to diminish. Filled with anger and dis-satisfation, they bring their grievances to the master. Their griefances falls on death ears, as minors occupy the master's ears and eyes.

" Look at this new splendid garden" one said.. " Listen to the roars from the games" said another. Courts were filled with jesters, men of little knowlegde dispense justice. The Master looked on with approval, as riches and prosperity filled his eyes.

Griefed are the men of knowledge, There is no way they can reach the Master. With broken spirits, they concealed themselves.. Lamenting at the passing of the zenith in the passage of time.