• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much should you pay for general aircon cleaning ?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came across an advertisement for $25 per unit, if you have at least 3 units. Does it sound real ?

Service Description
• Clean air filter
• Unclog / vacuum drainage pipe
• Clean drainage tray
• Clean evaporator coil
• Clean blower wheel
• Check fan coil condition and temperature
• Check condenser condition
• Unit above 9000 BTU additional $10 per unit

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came across an advertisement for $25 per unit, if you have at least 3 units. Does it sound real ?

Service Description
• Clean air filter
• Clean drainage tray
• Clean evaporator coil
• Clean blower wheel
The above cleaning description, are very basic, usually touch touch see see and complete in 15min. Usually people do it every 3-4 months. Your aircon may still be dirty and leaks after these simple maintenance. 9000 BTU refers to the small room aircon units.

For better cleaning, fan blower and evaporation needs to be thoroughly cleaned with more expensive methods such as chemical-wash or high-pressure water jet (cheaper than chemical wash). Either of these, should last for 6-9 months depending on your usage. I recommend high-pressure water jet because they don't corrode the metal parts like chemical-wash. However, chemical wash is cleaner.

Before starting the cleaning, also ask the technician if any particular units need to top up aircon refrigerant gas; the same amount of energy will bring down temperate faster. Electricity is too expensive these days hahaha

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The above cleaning description, are very basic, usually touch touch see see and complete in 15min. Usually people do it every 3-4 months. Your aircon may still be dirty and leaks after these simple maintenance. 9000 BTU refers to the small room aircon units.

For better cleaning, fan blower and evaporation needs to be thoroughly cleaned with more expensive methods such as chemical-wash or high-pressure water jet (cheaper than chemical wash). Either of these, should last for 6-9 months depending on your usage. I recommend high-pressure water jet because they don't corrode the metal parts like chemical-wash. However, chemical wash is cleaner.

Before starting the cleaning, also ask the technician if any particular units need to top up aircon refrigerant gas; the same amount of energy will bring down temperate faster. Electricity is too expensive these days hahaha
I understand many charge $50 per unit for the same amount of work described in my original post.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wanted to use Panasonic but they were much more expensive than Daikin and Mitsubishi. Very reliable product.

With cheaper yen and ringgit, malaysia-made Panasonic aircons are cheaper than China's Midea and Daikin now.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aircon don't need service. Just use until spoil or not cold change a new 1. The money spent servicing over the years can buy a new set or maybe just add a bit only. Estimated without servicing can use about 10 to 15 years on average No point go through all the hassles.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
All I can say is that this general very expensive….

1690425780684.jpeg

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Service Description
• Clean air filter
• Clean drainage tray
• Clean evaporator coil
• Clean blower wheel

I strongly do not recommend you take up this sort of unnaturally low priced promotions. This will end up no different from those $5 haircuts or $30 spa / slimming program.

Most likely they will do a hack job with minimal effort and start upselling you all sorts of expensive services after that.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aircon don't need service. Just use until spoil or not cold change a new 1. The money spent servicing over the years can buy a new set or maybe just add a bit only. Estimated without servicing can use about 10 to 15 years on average No point go through all the hassles.
i like u.u warm my cockles

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Generally low prices is to get the business initially in order to con owner that more needs to be done as they find faults like gas need topping up. Usually they use a half-filled canister and tell you that they used a new one so you pay for a new gas tank. The also advised you your system is very dirty and need chemical wash. Aircon servicing no doubt need to be done every quarter but you need to sign a one year contract to enjoy a better deal. Also the discharge drain pipes need to be vacuumed to suck out the gel that is blocing the pipe otherwise your aircon will drip water. A contract with a reputable company is the best option.