• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much property tax do you pay for your private property ?

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you live in a condo or terrace or detached house, care to share the amount of property tax you pay per annum?

I am a HDB peasant and I have always wondered the amount of property tax that private owners have had to pay.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you live in a condo or terrace or detached house, care to share the amount of property tax you pay per annum?

I am a HDB peasant and I have always wondered the amount of property tax that private owners have had to pay.

Just checked with a friend of mine.

Primary residence located west area : around S$1500, their place about 1300 sq ft.
2nd property : around 5k plus ( I think place about 1500 sq ft)
3rd property : around 10k plus (I believe it's around 2000sq ft and above)

Been to his place on the west coast, as for the other 2 it's what he told me.
All in about 16k or more in property tax.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal

Primary residence located west area : around S$1500, their place about 1300 sq ft.

Is the first property a condo or landed ?

Is property tax levied on a flat rate basis ? I mean regardless of the number of properties you own or do the rates vary according to the number of properties owned ?

For example, if you live in Project A and rent out Project B. Do you pay the same property tax as your neighbour in Project B ?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

First property is Owner occupied, and property taxes is at a much lower rate. 2nd and 3rd properties are investment/non owner occupied properties, which are at a much higher tax rate.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Is the first property a condo or landed ?

Is property tax levied on a flat rate basis ? I mean regardless of the number of properties you own or do the rates vary according to the number of properties owned ?

For example, if you live in Project A and rent out Project B. Do you pay the same property tax as your neighbour in Project B ?

Here is the answer to all your questions:

https://www.iras.gov.sg/IRASHome/Pr...s/Property-Tax-Rates-and-Sample-Calculations/