• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How much do you know about FROGS?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Jin Chan

A three-legged money toad
The Jin Chan (Chinese: 金蟾; pinyin: jīn chán; literally: "Golden Toad"), also called Chan Chu (Chinese: 蟾蜍; pinyin: chánchú; literally: "Toad") or "Zhaocai Chan Chu" (Chinese: 招财蟾蜍; pinyin: zhāocái chánchú; literally: "wealth-beckoning toad"), is most commonly translated as "Money Toad" or "Money Frog". It represents a popular Feng Shui charm for prosperity.

This mythical creature is said to appear during the full moon, near houses or businesses that will soon receive good news (most of the time, the nature of this good news is understood to be wealth-related).

The money toad is associated with Liu Haichan, as the sennin's animal companion.

The Jin Chan is usually depicted as a bullfrog with red eyes, flared nostrils and only one hind leg (for a total of three legs), sitting on a pile of traditional Chinese cash, with a coin in its mouth. On its back, it often displays seven diamond spots . According to Feng Shui beliefs, Jin Chan helps attract and protect wealth, and guards against bad luck. Because it symbolizes the flow of money, Feng Shui lore insists that a Jin Chan statue should not be positioned facing the main door ("outward"). It also "should never be kept in the bathroom, bedroom, dining room or kitchen".[1]

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Jin Chan

A three-legged money toad
The Jin Chan (Chinese: 金蟾; pinyin: jīn chán; literally: "Golden Toad"), also called Chan Chu (Chinese: 蟾蜍; pinyin: chánchú; literally: "Toad") or "Zhaocai Chan Chu" (Chinese: 招财蟾蜍; pinyin: zhāocái chánchú; literally: "wealth-beckoning toad"), is most commonly translated as "Money Toad" or "Money Frog". It represents a popular Feng Shui charm for prosperity.

This mythical creature is said to appear during the full moon, near houses or businesses that will soon receive good news (most of the time, the nature of this good news is understood to be wealth-related).

The money toad is associated with Liu Haichan, as the sennin's animal companion.

The Jin Chan is usually depicted as a bullfrog with red eyes, flared nostrils and only one hind leg (for a total of three legs), sitting on a pile of traditional Chinese cash, with a coin in its mouth. On its back, it often displays seven diamond spots . According to Feng Shui beliefs, Jin Chan helps attract and protect wealth, and guards against bad luck. Because it symbolizes the flow of money, Feng Shui lore insists that a Jin Chan statue should not be positioned facing the main door ("outward"). It also "should never be kept in the bathroom, bedroom, dining room or kitchen".[1]
My Muslim Malay best friend from KL gave me one of this, a Jin Chan., a couple of years ago. I am not a fengshui believer, so it's buried somewhere in the house.. hahaha... I wonder why he thinks all Chinese are believers in fengshui and when he gave it to me, I was thinking...Err..Bro, you are a Muslim and shouldn't be touching these things....:smile:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
c071b8d2a7690fda9175a1819b18b40b--animal-humour-funny-frogs.jpg

@Froggy @zhihau @Leongsam ... :rolleyes:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What lies? So how are you enjoying life in jiuhu? Been taking your meds?

Pretending innocent after telling lies and acting warm and friendly after stabbing people behind is so shameless jiuhukia trademark. No wonder these malicious shit think that others are pretending like themselves. Pui!

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh mine, thanks for the reminder... i am getting old.. cannot remember all my clones nicks. lol :biggrin:
and even if I do, forget password liao and cannot retrieve via email because god knows what burner email address i had...those were the good old days man! lol...

hahaha, back then, your SPG posts made me laugh so much. My wife was so jealous.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh mine, thanks for the reminder... i am getting old.. cannot remember all my clones nicks. lol :biggrin:
and even if I do, forget password liao and cannot retrieve via email because god knows what burner email address i had...those were the good old days man! lol...

Mdm Ginfreely said i am your clone, please don't forget my login email and password ok?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Mdm Ginfreely said i am your clone, please don't forget my login email and password ok?
Knn..You think now so easy to create burner email like last time ah.. you talk to siao lang for fug..Lol..:biggrin:

Later will become siao hokay..Mai sng sng..Lol..

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The most disgusting meal ever? Japan restaurant serves up bullfrog that has been stabbed, beheaded and skinned alive but still twitches on the plate - with a slice of lemon
  • Bullfrogs are skinned alive and chopped to pieces in a Japanese restaurant
  • Outrageous video of bullfrog sashimi goes viral
  • Asadachi, the restaurant it is served at is notorious for its weird and wacky dishes
  • Viewers respond in anger and disgust at the cruel way the animal is treated
  • Served with soy sauce and a lemon slice, the frog arrives at the guests table still flailing on the plate
By Alex Lazcano
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...beheaded-skinned-chopped-pieces.html#comments

This video gives a whole new meaning to having a frog in your throat!

It shows a chef in a restaurant in Japan, stabbing, beheading and skinning a live frog to serve as sashimi and has sparked outrage online.

The bullfrog, served on ice with soy sauce and a lemon slice goes through a torturous process before being served.

You can see the chef in the video stabbing the animal, then beheading and skinning it right before your eyes.

Though the frog is killed instantly by the chef’s knife, it can still be seen moving it's legs and blinking at the camera.

Scroll down for video

article-2730385-20ACB59F00000578-715_634x286.jpg

The bullfrog is served on ice with a slice of lemon and soy sauce

Fox News that it wasn't a typical dish.

'I just don’t want you to think this is Japanese food that the Japanese enjoy. It’s not. This is bizarre.'

The restaurant in Tokyo's 'Memory Lane' is known for serving unusual dishes such as soft-shelled turtle, pig testicles, snake liquor, grilled salamander, still-beating frog's heart and the live bullfrog sashimi shown in the video.

Located in the Shunjuku district of Tokyo which is lined with restaurants that serve similar bizarre dishes, the area draws in tourists and Japanese with a rather eclectic palate.

article-2730385-20ACB5AA00000578-148_634x335.jpg

A Japanese chef living in New York City says she thinks the dish is 'bizarre'

article-2730385-20ACB5B200000578-13_634x359.jpg

The woman in the video smiles at the camera then devours the frog that has been prepared for her

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ded-skinned-chopped-pieces.html#ixzz5ATalluLg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You forget to add:

A. They have frog in the well...that's the 70% species.
B. The frogs that live in the well & you turn up the heat & boil them, they don't know - that's 70% too.
C. They have small balls & croak in high pitch...same as A & B...
D. They have love hate relationship with thunder too and they dislike hammer.