• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much do HDB flats actually cost?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with you 4 room flat cost about $50K max included material and labour cost. But many not believe me ask I have said 4 room flat cost $40K without any renovation eg. flooring, light....
So HDB selling $300K that mean land value is $250K~$260K/unit with consider very expensive since now new HDB now is about 20 storey high which mean each plot land of 4 room flat size cost $250K*20= $5M for a land size about 900sqf. So that is how much gov. profit from selling HDB.

Enough to allow Daddy and butch-in-law to lose hundreds of billions overseas without batting an eye?

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
it depends on whether do you include the land cost or not.

building cost wont be that high, it is the land and how much they want to price it.

just like a plate of chicken rice i sell you $5 and i tell you my cost is $4.99 because the chicken is $1 but the cost of my rice is $3.99. And the company that sold me the rice is the sole distributor and the boss so happen to be also me.

so my chicken rice is really not making money for selling them at $5, I am only making $0.01 per plate. Do not say that my stall is making huge profits.

but i will not talk anything regarding the profit of my rice company that supply.

this is similar to the relationship between Pappies, HDB and SLA (boss, chicken rice stall, rice company).
u forgot to include cost of the cultery & plates, the shop rental, the utility bills, gas & manpower costs too.

so, at the end, its already considered a charity to be selling a miserable plate of chicken rice at $5.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
to me, the taller they're gonna build the flats, the higher the spread for their ROI based on per sq meter/ft. for the same surface area, they're accomodating more residents, and if multiplied against the 20++ levels or more, means they're having good profits.

so when buying high-rise prison cells c/w 01x steel coffin inside, we shouldnt be conned into buying them by the number of rooms, but should also compare against the square meter/ft, to compare the difference. its no use to cheat ourselves by buying a 4 or 5 rm, bt end up no walking space after the furniture goes in.

newly weds today with combined income less than 8k r also forced into buynig 4rm & above. indirectly is also forcing the ppl to buy what they're not prepared to afford.

maybe its appropriate to say its, daylight robbery.

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
it depends on whether do you include the land cost or not.

building cost wont be that high, it is the land and how much they want to price it.

just like a plate of chicken rice i sell you $5 and i tell you my cost is $4.99 because the chicken is $1 but the cost of my rice is $3.99. And the company that sold me the rice is the sole distributor and the boss so happen to be also me.

so my chicken rice is really not making money for selling them at $5, I am only making $0.01 per plate. Do not say that my stall is making huge profits.

but i will not talk anything regarding the profit of my rice company that supply.

this is similar to the relationship between Pappies, HDB and SLA (boss, chicken rice stall, rice company).

After passing all the money to right hand, left hand say no money, and claim his innocence.

No wonder why HDB keep saying not making money and selling flats cheap and subsidised. So the money is all with SLA, which happy happy increase the price of land, just like how the top people increase their salary.

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
how can you include the land cost?

it's not freehold you know...

so he was saying without the mystefying land cost, everything can be quite clear and easily calculated.

The trick lies with the land cost i guess, which is how they can happily increase the cost of building.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying HDB and buying car here is the biggest con job. They make it "affordable" so that you can slog your whole life for it, but in the end you dont even own it.