• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many pull/chin-ups can you do NOW?

Be honest! And I really mean, how many can you really do NOW or very recently?

• Total voters

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was in NS I could do 24 in one try.
But usually only need to do 12 to get 5 points else I'll be showing off. I only did 24 when vying for best PT.....

Actually for best PT all that matters is the 2.4 km time, as long as you get maximum points in the other stations. The Best PT award always goes to the recruit with the fastest 2.4 km run.

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did 16 for physical fitness test in Pre-U 2 (those days we didn't call it NAPFA). Could do 20 in NS, but chose to do 12 in the IPPT, which is enough for the monetary award.

Today can still do about 16.
According to MOE:
moe.gov.sg/media/press/2014/11/modified-napfa-test-for-pre-national-service-students-from-2015.php
NAPFA started in 1982.

Does this mean you're in your 50s now and you can still do about 16 (meaning you're still as strong as when you were in your late teens)? :eek:
attachment.php

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually for best PT all that matters is the 2.4 km time, as long as you get maximum points in the other stations. The Best PT award always goes to the recruit with the fastest 2.4 km run.

Quite true but all else being equal they look to the other stations.
That's why all best PT contenders were pushed to the limit by our platoon cpls and Sgt.
I did 60 sit ups in a min.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Sinkie holds the world record for most pull-ups in one minute.

[video=youtube;8KsEFcvUZqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KsEFcvUZqw[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But it was not continuous, i.e. he stopped after 26, and even let go of the bar and rested on his feet a few seconds...

fuck off la you know how to read what title he is taking part in? Just change him to an ang moh and you would be praising him to the skies.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But it was not continuous, i.e. he stopped after 26, and even let go of the bar and rested on his feet a few seconds...

that was none other than jah. he's buff, has great upper body strength and will do pull ups to stay away from shitskins crawling on the ground. :p

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually he's penalizing himself by letting go of the bar and resting on his feet – he lost precious seconds ... he might have squeezed 2 more pull-ups had he not let go. Remember, this is about the most number of pull-ups in a minute.

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pull-ups are not part of the IPPT anymore. :(
That's one of the many bribes by the PAP government for this year's General Election... :(
And that particular one targeted male citizens who are still in their 20s or 30s AND who were/are too lazy to maintain their upper-body fitness.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well said.

That's one of the many bribes by the PAP government for this year's General Election... :(
And that particular one targeted male citizens who are still in their 20s or 30s AND who were/are too lazy to maintain their upper-body fitness.