• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many pull/chin-ups can you do NOW?

Be honest! And I really mean, how many can you really do NOW or very recently?

• Total voters

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was training to be a naval diver, I could do thirty five chinups in two minutes and I was easily the top 10% of the fittest candidates. Unfortunately I failed the first part of the course and dropped out, othewise I could have made a career with NDU.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
During my younger day about 10.

During my NS days, max was 22.

Now, never been on a chin up bar for around 10 years.

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was training to be a naval diver, I could do thirty five chinups in two minutes and I was easily the top 10% of the fittest candidates. Unfortunately I failed the first part of the course and dropped out, othewise I could have made a career with NDU.
Sorry to trouble you, but may I also ask you to "vote" in my poll? :p

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my younger day about 10.

During my NS days, max was 22.

Now, never been on a chin up bar for around 10 years.
But you can still do 9 or more now (and I'm guessing you're in your 40s)? :eek:
attachment.php

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But you can still do 9 or more now (and I'm guessing you're in your 40s)? :eek:
attachment.php

Yes in my 40s now. I siam IPPT for many years. Pes C2L9 or something like that.

Don't think I can do 9 or more chin up now. Maybe 5 or 6. But I really have no clue, since I have not been up on a chin up bar for more than 10 years.

Maybe one of these days, I try doing it at the fitness corner downstairs and will post the results here.

Hopefully, I don't crack my bones :smile:

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes in my 40s now. I siam IPPT for many years. Pes C2L9 or something like that.

Don't think I can do 9 or more chin up now. Maybe 5 or 6. But I really have no clue, since I have not been up on a chin up bar for more than 10 years.

Maybe one of these days, I try doing it at the fitness corner downstairs and will post the results here.

Hopefully, I don't crack my bones :smile:
The key muscle that enables a person to do a pull/chin-up is the:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Latissimus_dorsi_muscle

After ten years since your last pull/chin-up, if you've not been exercising enough or doing enough physical work, those muscles would naturally weaken, and you might not be able to do even one...

Anyway, be careful. :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was in NS I could do 24 in one try.
But usually only need to do 12 to get 5 points else I'll be showing off. I only did 24 when vying for best PT.....
I could also do about a dozen reverse ones behind my back....dunno what's that called.
Now I can't do even half a chin up.

gsh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am 63 and I can do >30 pull ups and >20 chin ups. During my NS days, I can hardly do 5. The X-90 program really helps.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did 16 for physical fitness test in Pre-U 2 (those days we didn't call it NAPFA). Could do 20 in NS, but chose to do 12 in the IPPT, which is enough for the monetary award.

Today can still do about 16.