• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many of you think the Euro will collapse.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
And what are the implication should it happen esp to Singapura's Economy?

I am no economist, neither do I have any formal background in commerce. However, as a person who's travelled a bit, I think the Euro was a bad idea to begin with. Theoretically, it is a convenient way to fuse trading between countries, but every country is unique with their own strengths and traits. Different geographies, climate, history, culture, bring about aspects in their contribution to the world. Europe is diverse. A common currency doesn't make sense. Imagine Myanmar having the same currency as Singapore - will that work? If I were a citizen of Greece, or Portugal, I would prefer not to be in Eurozone.

I am unable to answer your question as to whether the Euro will collapse, but sustaining the Euro will only sustain economic problems. It should dissolve. Sg will remain strong, varying with world/regional trends, maybe not as strong as last year, but stronger than other economies.

Cheers!

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
20111210-EURO.gif

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I honestly believe that those who has Euros in their portfolio will get burn by mid of next year. If they are turning a blind eye to all the indicates that it will collapse, All i can say is there will be lots of people jumping from HDB and Drowning themselves in reservoirs by the end mid of next year.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the Euro should never have been created..............should have collapsed by now...........

but why still alive ???

eventually the EU will become one SuperState...............and the Euro will be stronger than ever............the 2nd Reserve Currency even...........

why ? becoz the Euro has been created to create a EU SuperState...........

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the Euro should never have been created..............should have collapsed by now...........

but why still alive ???

eventually the EU will become one SuperState...............and the Euro will be stronger than ever............the 2nd Reserve Currency even...........

why ? becoz the Euro has been created to create a EU SuperState...........

chow chow chow, euro will never die, because i have much porfolio invested in euro. dun jilt my investments.

SeeFartLoong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The world have to take the pain to see Euro & USD both collapse together and see the end to a lot of long term problems for once and for all. To drag this out to later date will not prevent them from happening. Only give everyone a prolonged period of pain. These currencies are long due to die and deserve to die. Only problem is most people are reluctant to accept the short term pains or naive like idiots thinking they can be recovered. :wink: NO WAY at all!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saturday 10 December 2011

Eurozone banking system on the edge of collapse

The eurozone banking system is on the edge of collapse as major lenders begin to run out of the assets they need to keep vital funding lines open.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...em-on-the-edge-of-collapse.html#disqus_thread

As usual they are in a state of denial and prolonging the inevitable. London has taken what I think the right move to de-linked themselves from the trauma that is about to happen very soon.
:eek:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the Euro first started, was there a big upheaval in the world's financial market? Hardly. Was the USD displaced as the preferred currency of commerce as some would have believed? No except for within Europe, hardly anything had changed. So if you say, if the Euro were to go, would it matter much to the world. The answer is again no except in Europe. The greater concern is the state of these economies associated with the Euro or affected by it (people with a lot of Euro assets). The health of these economies will directly affect anyone dealing with them. As long as these economies can grow strongly, it does not matter one bit whether Euro come or go.