• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many countries have you visited?

Butterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, very few only. Now with borders opening, I must reignite my passion for travelling again.

I haven't been to United States, Canada, Caribbean, Central and Southern Americas.

Neither have I been to Australia, New Zealand , Middle East and Africa.

Feel so Suaku.

Only visited Asia and Europe and even so, I haven't explore many cities like Busan, Osaka, Kyoto, Xi'an and cities in China. I have never been to countries like Mongolia, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Finland, Norway and Sweden. I want to see the Northern Lights too.

If you have suggestions for me, please tell me.

(Sadly)
The only places I have visited in my life are:

Asia
1. Korea : Seoul
2 Japan : Tokyo, Sendai
3. China : Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Wuxi, Harbin
4. Hong Kong & Macau
5. Taiwan : Taipei
6. Thailand : Bangkok
7. Myanmar : Yangon
8. Malaysia : JB, Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi
9. Indonesia : Jakarta, Bali, Bintan, Batam
10. Vietnam : Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh
11. Philippines : Manila
12. India : Mumbai

Europe
1. UK : London, Oxford, Cambridge, Liverpool, Manchester, Bath, Reading , Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon, Bibury, Windsor, Bourton on the Water, Windermere, Edinburgh.
2. France : Paris
3. Germany : Berlin
4. Lichtenstein
5. Czech Republic : Prague
6. Italy : Rome, Venice, Florence
7. Turkey : Istanbul
8. Switzerland : Geneva, Interlaken, Bern

Last edited:

FUNCHOI

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN
I have only visited Sentosa but seems they don't require you to go thru Immigration with passport.
When they abolish huh?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, very few only. Now with borders opening, I must reignite my passion for travelling again.

I haven't been to United States, Canada, Caribbean, Central and Southern Americas.

Neither have I been to Australia, New Zealand , Middle East and Africa.

Feel so Suaku.

Only visited Asia and Europe and even so, I haven't explore many cities like Busan, Osaka, Kyoto, Xi'an and cities in China. I have never been to countries like Mongolia, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Finland, Norway and Sweden. I want to see the Northern Lights too.

If you have suggestions for me, please tell me.

(Sadly)
The only places I have visited in my life are:

Asia
1. Korea : Seoul
2 Japan : Tokyo, Sendai
3. China : Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Wuxi, Harbin
4. Hong Kong & Macau
5. Taiwan : Taipei
6. Thailand : Bangkok
7. Myanmar : Yangon
8. Malaysia : JB, Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi
9. Indonesia : Jakarta, Bali, Bintan, Batam
10. Vietnam : Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh
11. Philippines : Manila
12. India : Mumbai

Europe
1. UK : London, Oxford, Cambridge, Liverpool, Manchester, Bath, Reading , Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon, Bibury, Windsor, Bourton on the Water, Windermere, Edinburgh.
2. France : Paris
3. Germany : Berlin
4. Lichtenstein
5. Czech Republic : Prague
6. Italy : Rome, Venice, Florence
7. Turkey : Istanbul
8. Switzerland : Geneva, Interlaken, Bern

You should go to Zimbabwe. It's much safer than Nigeria and Ghana.

FUNCHOI

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, i want to go see africa one day.
will probably start with s africa

KNN
If you love adventure ::
1. Victoria Falls
2. whitewater rafting in the Zambezi River to admire the falls from a different angle.
3. Tanzania boasts otherworldly natural wonders, including red-hued Lake Natron, Ngorongoro Conservation Area's expansive crater
and Mount Kilimanjaro – the tallest mountain in Africa (and largest free-standing mountain on Earth).
For the ultimate adrenaline rush, book a climbing excursion up the continent's famous mountain through a local tour operator.
4. Tanzania boasts otherworldly natural wonders, including red-hued Lake Natron, Ngorongoro Conservation Area's expansive crater
and Mount Kilimanjaro – the tallest mountain in Africa (and largest free-standing mountain on Earth).
For the ultimate adrenaline rush, book a climbing excursion up the continent's famous mountain through a local tour operator.

.......and many other wonderful spots.

ENJOY.!!!!

Butterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got money make passport, but no money go overseas
save more for eg.

1. bring your own bottle of water when eating out.
2. order small portion meal sizes instead of big ones. it helps to maintain your weight too.
3. bring your own homemade lunch from leftovers from home meals the day before and make use of office microwave or oven to reheat
4. don't ever go to starbucks or the likes of them
5. wear simple clothes and accessories
6. never buy anything on impulse. always walk away when the urge to buy arises in you and think if you really need the item. you will find that more than 90% of the time, you will end up not returning to buy the item.

etc etc

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
save more for eg.

2. order small portion meal sizes instead of big ones. it helps to maintain your weight too.
3. bring your own homemade lunch from leftovers from home meals the day before and make use of office microwave or oven to reheat
6. never buy anything on impulse. always walk away when the urge to buy arises in you and think if you really need the item. you will find that more than 90% of the time, you will end up not returning to buy the item.

etc etc
1. Can consider
2. Already order smallest portion liao. $3.50 bak chor mee, small until i eat not full.
3. I am station outdoor gotta run here run there type of work, hardly in office
4. Hardly go unless tio drag. I drink $1.10 kopi o kosong daily 2 cups
5. My socks got 50 cent coin size holes i still wear. Shirt pants got tear i sew back, wear.
6. Hardly buy anything i want, mostly things i need. Probably cigarettes is the only thing i waste $ on. And occasional beer.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Butterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

1. Can consider
BTF :
:smile:

2. Already order smallest portion liao. $3.50 bak chor mee, small until i eat not full. BTF : Order small and bring a banana with you everyday to work. Bananas are very cheap in most neighborhood fruit shops. A bunch of reasonably good bananas cost only $2.50 for 5 to 6 sizeable ones.

BTF : Sorry, I can't suggest any thing better for you. :frown:

BTF : Make use of free office coffee. In fact since you are out most of the time, invest in a good thermoflask 500mls and make your coffee at home to bring out.

5. My socks got 50 cent coin size holes i still wear. Shirt pants got tear i sew back, wear.
BTF : Socks are really cheap during sale. Buy in bulk. Don't buy branded expensive socks

6. Hardly buy anything i want, mostly things i need. Probably cigarettes is the only thing i waste $ on. And occasional beer.
BTF : Quit smoking

Last edited:

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Can consider
BTF :
:smile:

2. Already order smallest portion liao. $3.50 bak chor mee, small until i eat not full. BTF : Order small and bring a banana with you everyday to work. Bananas are very cheap in most neighborhood fruit shops. A bunch of reasonably good bananas cost only $2.50 for 5 to 6 sizeable ones.

BTF : Sorry, I can't suggest any thing better for you. :frown:

BTF : Make use of free office coffee. In fact since you are out most of the time, invest in a good thermoflask 500mls and make your coffee at home to bring out.

BTF : Socks are really cheap during sale. Buy in bulk. Don't buy branded expensive socks

BTF : Quit smoking
Suggestion 2, 4, 5 all can consider and viable to for me to achieve except 6.
:geek:

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
save more for eg.

etc etc
I have different view on this kind of savings.
I will not explicitly save this manner for so long period just to go for a tour. I think it's rather silly.
Eg I will take office free stuffs as a "on the way pickup" kind of mentality I.e can take don't waste.
I will buy more expensive quality clothes and can last many years.
I think those teeny weeny kind of savings won't do much difference. But the impulse buy yes it does matter a lot.
Replace office coffee with buying from shop doesn't make much difference with overall savings and they taste so much different.