• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious how i quit my heavy smoking habit

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hope my story can help others who are treated like criminals lighting up in s'pore. first of all, i am not those super strong will kind who can quit right away under what i call cold turkey. the day i stubbed tobacco out was on the 23rd of February 2018. i also know life is stressful in s'pore and the more that you will want to smoke. listen to me, try to substitute cigarettes with alternatives like a fresh mint breath spray, it will help in your cravings. as for me, i started with electronic cigarettes for almost six months until i got fed up with charging the device, besides the device don't normally last long, the battery will wear out. the chemical i chose were cheapo nicotine juice bought online in oz but they cost less than the cigarettes here, a pack of twenties Marlboro now cost about AUD$30. as for now, i am armed with mint sweets and breath spray, and yes, it took me so long cos' i used to smoke two packs a day since the age of 17. but since i had taken the first step, i tell myself there is no point going back. for those who have families, the more that you should quit for your wife and children, don't you want to attend your child's graduation ceremony in future. last time, i always say life is unpredictable and a lot of things are fated, this is just my excuse! adding on, you will have more cash in hand. try what i say and all the best in your quitting journey. i am sure you guys who are stronger than me will benefit and find it easier. cheers...

i just thought of an alternative cos' a friend went to the doctor and were given some pills, he quitted with immediate effect. can consult your doctor and try that as well. the side effect is feeling very agitated.

and for your information, GIC has stakes in tobacco companies, the more that you should quit since most of you are anti pappies. read the below two articles and see for yourself that how contradicting one can get. don't let them make money out of you.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/clearing-air-tobacco-investments-kelly-tay/

https://fifthperson.com/sovereign-wealth-funds-and-what-temasek-holdings-gic-do-with-your-money/

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
i hope my story can help others who are treated like criminals lighting up in s'pore. first of all, i am not those super strong will kind who can quit right away under what i call cold turkey. the day i stubbed tobacco out was on the 23rd of February 2018. i also know life is stressful in s'pore and the more that you will want to smoke. listen to me, try to substitute cigarettes with alternatives like a fresh mint breath spray, it will help in your cravings. as for me, i started with electronic cigarettes for almost six months until i got fed up with charging the device, besides the device don't normally last long, the battery will wear out. the chemical i chose were cheapo nicotine stuff bought online in oz but they cost less than the cigarettes here, a pack of twenties Marlboro now cost about AUD$30. as for now, i am armed with mint sweets and breath spray, and yes, it took me so long cos' i used to smoke two packs a day since the age of 17. but since i had taken the first step, i tell myself there is no point going back. for those who have families, the more that you should quit for your wife and children, don't you want to attend your child's graduation ceremony in future. last time, i always say life is unpredictable and a lot of things are fated, this is just my excuse! adding on, you will have more cash in hand. try what i say and all the best in your quitting journey. i am sure you guys who are stronger than me will benefit and find it easier. cheers...

i just thought of an alternative cos' a friend went to the doctor and were given some pills, he quitted with immediate effect. can consult your doctor and try that as well. the side effect is feeling very agitated.

and for your information, GIC has stakes in tobacco companies, the more that you should quit since most of you are anti pappies. read the below two articles and see for yourself that how contradicting one can get. don't let them make money out of you.

https://fifthperson.com/sovereign-wealth-funds-and-what-temasek-holdings-gic-do-with-your-money/
Congratulations on successfully quitting the habit. And thank you for sharing with us. I ought to quit too, and I hope to do so in the near future.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hope my story can help others who are treated like criminals lighting up in s'pore. first of all, i am not those super strong will kind who can quit right away under what i call cold turkey. the day i stubbed tobacco out was on the 23rd of February 2018. i also know life is stressful in s'pore and the more that you will want to smoke. listen to me, try to substitute cigarettes with alternatives like a fresh mint breath spray, it will help in your cravings. as for me, i started with electronic cigarettes for almost six months until i got fed up with charging the device, besides the device don't normally last long, the battery will wear out. the chemical i chose were cheapo nicotine stuff bought online in oz but they cost less than the cigarettes here, a pack of twenties Marlboro now cost about AUD$30. as for now, i am armed with mint sweets and breath spray, and yes, it took me so long cos' i used to smoke two packs a day since the age of 17. but since i had taken the first step, i tell myself there is no point going back. for those who have families, the more that you should quit for your wife and children, don't you want to attend your child's graduation ceremony in future. last time, i always say life is unpredictable and a lot of things are fated, this is just my excuse! adding on, you will have more cash in hand. try what i say and all the best in your quitting journey. i am sure you guys who are stronger than me will benefit and find it easier. cheers...

GIC have stakes in rokok. Hypocrite MIW! :poop:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can inhale lit joss sticks for a placebo effect. There are joss stick shops in HDB heartlands and in wet markets.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a useless point of view:biggrin::tongue: as an ex-hardcore smoker, i can tell you that tobacco has a very appealing smell, that's why smokers has a different breath.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a useless point of view:biggrin::tongue: as an ex-hardcore smoker, i can tell you that tobacco has a very appealing smell, that's why smokers has a different breath.

My favourite gadang guram. Fm Indon lagi best. But realise waste of money....everyday nag by orang dapur....affect my children health too. Now gave up leow. Subhanallah!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My favourite gadang guram. Fm Indon lagi best. But realise waste of money....everyday nag by orang dapur....affect my children health too. Now gave up leow. Subhanallah!

gudung garam very potent feeling after smoking it, i recall.