• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How easy it is to get permanent residency in Singapore for foreigners

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
However, i read in the expat forums you are normally expected to be working for a year or two before they grant you the PR (it was a lot easier 2 decades ago)

Once your PR is granted, you are eligible to bring in your 12 generations of ancestors from your home country in the name of dependency pass. That is how Singapore populations are grew to screw Singaporeans. If this is not PAP work of art, what is. No wonder we do not have enough resources and infrastruture to meet the sudden nightmare created by PAP. Gan Gim Yong can go eat shit too!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just found this, Rikvin Consultancy? Reliable?

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/7/prweb8619165.htm

I already said liao they've been tightening since 08.

According to the article
79K(2008) -> 59K(2009) -> 29K(2010)

U want to verify, try talking to some Indian PRs. They seem to know every freaking Ah Neh FTs in SG and can tell U friend or friends friend cannot get PR story etc. I been hearing a lot of stories from my friends and colleagues for the last 2 years.

Last edited:

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I already said liao they've been tightening since 08.

According to the article
79K(2008) -> 59K(2009) -> 29K(2010)

U want to verify, try talking to some Indian PRs. They seem to know every freaking Ah Neh FTs in SG and can tell U friend or friends friend cannot get PR story etc. I been hearing a lot of stories from my friends and colleagues for the last 2 years.

Thanks for the info.

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN, that's why you can see alot of Ah Nehs around our HDB heartlands with their wives, kids, fathers, and mothers.. Soon they will bring their whole villagers to resettle here...:mad:

And many of their wives, kids, fathers and mothers are not really their wives, kids, fathers and mothers.
These are just people from their villages who pretend pretend to be related. Singapore government is so stupid and so easy to be fooled.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
And many of their wives, kids, fathers and mothers are not really their wives, kids, fathers and mothers.
These are just people from their villages who pretend pretend to be related. Singapore government is so stupid and so easy to be fooled.

Shit, my neighbor just rented entire flat to those ah neh and yesterday morning saw the stinking ah neh lugging suitcase after suitcase with family in tow....fuck they going to turn the surrounding into a slum...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shit, my neighbor just rented entire flat to those ah neh and yesterday morning saw the stinking ah neh lugging suitcase after suitcase with family in tow....fuck they going to turn the surrounding into a slum...

Start watching slumdog milionaire to make them feel at home.

slumdog_millionaire.jpg

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are a bloody FOOLISH Char lAtan. Did they tell you about the numerous instances that succeeded? They tell you about some failures and you come here and spread it as though it is the gospel. :oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are a bloody FOOLISH Char lAtan. Did they tell you about the numerous instances that succeeded? They tell you about some failures and you come here and spread it as though it is the gospel. :oIo:

SINGAPORE, Jan. 17 (Xinhua) -- Singapore more than halved the number permanent residence passes granted in 2010 to 29,265, Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng said Monday.

The figure is in comparison with 59,460 for 2009 and 79,000 for 2008.

Wong, who heads the newly formed National Population and Talent Division, revealed the number as he laid out the country's long term strategy for managing population growth at the Singapore Perspectives 2011 conference.

Wong said there has also been an improvement in the quality of new permanent residents.

The number of new citizens remained relatively steady at 18,758 in 2010, compared to 19,928 for 2009.

The focus is on achieving a "sustainable population profile," he said. "Looking ahead, continual refinements will need to be made at appropriate junctures to ensure that Singaproe will remain our best home. Like other countries around the world, we must continue to welcome suitably qualified people to work and live in Singapore and contribute to our society."

The government will "always be guided by the need to preserve a strong citizen core" and to "maintain stability" in the ethnic mix, he said.

He stressed the government will need to tap on immigration to ensure sufficient manpower for economic growth and mitigate the impact of an ageing population.

Preliminary estimates put Singapore's fertility rate at 1.16 in 2010, even lower than the 1.22 recorded in 2009.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-01/17/c_13694158.htm

SINGAPORE : Fewer immigrants were granted permanent residency and citizenship this year, according to the first Singapore Public Sector Outcomes Review which outlines challenges for the government.

Competition for jobs from foreigners, rising property prices and over-crowding in public transportation were among concerns raised by Singaporeans over the hot issue of foreigners and immigrants in Singapore.

In a sign that these concerns have been heard, the growth of citizens and permanent residents has slowed significantly to 1.01 per cent this year, compared to 2.5 per cent in 2009.

Recognising concerns over the influx of foreigners, the government has taken steps to manage this growth. These include tightening the framework for granting permanent residency and citizenship.

In addition, infrastructure for transport, housing and other amenities is being enhanced to accommodate gradual population growth.

The government has also said it will keep the foreign share of the workforce at one-third.

However, it added that with Singapore's low fertility rate, the country must remain open to high calibre immigrants to boost the population and sustain competitiveness.

One sociologist said anxieties among citizens must be eased.

Professor Jean Yeung, a sociologist at the Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore, said: "To affirm that local Singaporeans are the priority of Singapore society, making sure that their life is well taken care of, infrastructure is well, you need to increase the immigrants, but the local population shouldn't feel threatened about it."

Professor Yeung added that there has to be more education and outreach efforts to show the contributions that immigrants are making in Singapore.

Another issue for the government involves the CPF minimum sum requirement, where S$123,000 must be set aside for retirement.

In 2009, only 49 per cent of workers were able to meet the requirement upon reaching 55 years old.

This raises concerns over the ability of the elderly to depend on themselves in retirement, and the potential need for more support from the government.

Prof Yeung said: "Older people rely a lot on their children to support them. And now a large proportion of people don't even get married or have children. So that means they are going to need to accumulate enough on their own, or the government will have to increase their support to the elderly population."

The report looked at six broad areas, including sustainable economic growth and building a cohesive society.

There are plans to publish the report every two years.

http://sglife.sgforums.com/forums/3545/topics/418237

The effects of migrant policy takes quite some time to be apparent. I wasn't hearing "stories", I was hearing complaints. My FT Colleagues were complaining about friends not being able to get PRs and my ex-Bosses were telling me they can't hire pple. There is a difference between reading stupid rumors and grumblings online and real complains made by pple I know

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When have U seen me keeping my mouth shut just coz you're around. I was busy with work the last few weeks. Today a bit more free coz I am flying off tomorrow. U won't hear from me for a few days.

dankos

When have U seen me keeping my mouth shut just coz you're around. I was busy with work the last few weeks. Today a bit more free coz I am flying off tomorrow. U won't hear from me for a few days.

fat ass,

good.. let me continue the verbal abuse then. since u r asking for it.

fuck u. :oIo::oIo::oIo:

btw, fat ass like u should pay double for air tics. take so much damn space and fucking heavy somemore. they should sell u the tics by weight. u need some humiliation.

Last edited:

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
The effects of migrant policy takes quite some time to be apparent. I wasn't hearing "stories", I was hearing complaints. My FT Colleagues were complaining about friends not being able to get PRs and my ex-Bosses were telling me they can't hire pple. There is a difference between reading stupid rumors and grumblings online and real complains made by pple I know

You stupid cock Char lAtan! The important thing is to get the number of foreigners down, not to accept a slower increase in number of foreigners. Slower increase means the number is still increasing, you fool. Only traitors like you will accept such an outcome and defend it. :oIo:

J_Tay

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real downside to immigration policies everywhere is the number of 'dependents' each PR will lug along. Even in Canada, the percentage of new immigrants who know basic English is 20%. That was some years ago but their laws are tighter now.

The 80% are the spouses, children, parents, siblings, their families....etc. Who usually don't possess any value-add skills or willingness to integrate into the new place.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The real downside to immigration policies everywhere is the number of 'dependents' each PR will lug along. Even in Canada, the percentage of new immigrants who know basic English is 20%. That was some years ago but their laws are tighter now.

The 80% are the spouses, children, parents, siblings, their families....etc. Who usually don't possess any value-add skills or willingness to integrate into the new place.

Canada had to tighten the rules because these immigrants started to bring in the whole clan & many of them had medical problems:eek:

Anyone who's ever been to Canada should know that Canada's health system is one of the best around. It does not discriminated against citizens vs PRs.