• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How does the current PAP system ensures that a future PM will not be corrupt?

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since CPIB needs to seek the PM’s concurrence.

If CPIB wants to invite PM to lim kopi but PM says: " No need, I ownself investigate ownself can already " .

Next, even if CPIB buay song brings the matter up to president but president is Kaki Lang (Ex PAP minister/MP/Speaker etc.) says agrees with PM means case closed no corruption?

And no forgetting, during these interactions, under Official Secrets Act, CPIB is also not allowed to leak such requests to the press or to any external parties.
So the public will be always be kept in the dark.
Mr Lee said he was briefed by the director of CPIB last Wednesday regarding a case that the bureau had uncovered. The director sought Mr Lee’s concurrence to open a formal investigation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Secrets_Act
An Official Secrets Act (OSA) is legislation that provides for the protection of state secrets and official information, mainly related to national security but in unrevised form (based on the UK Official Secrets Act 1911) can include all information held by government bodies.

OSAs are currently in-force in over 40 countries (mostly former British colonies) including Bangladesh, Kenya, Pakistan, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Myanmar, Uganda, Malaysia, Singapore and the United Kingdom, and have previously existed in Canada and New Zealand.

MYNlDyS.gif

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Current Piss And Poop system will find new ways to hide their corruption and create new laws to prevent any investigation into their corruption.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the 90s.........Lee KILL You and famiLEE were caught accepting 10% discount on condos they bought................his brother was a Jiak Liao Bee director at the condo developer...........

and i remember how in the late 80s or early 90s (i was still a teen back then)..................how a 800 meter flyover can cost 800 million to build..............no corruption ?

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
in the 90s.........Lee KILL You and famiLEE were caught accepting 10% discount on condos they bought................his brother was a Jiak Liao Bee director at the condo developer...........

and i remember how in the late 80s or early 90s (i was still a teen back then)..................how a 800 meter flyover can cost 800 million to build..............no corruption ?

Nassim Jade saga!!!!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nassim Jade saga!!!!

is it ?..........i don't know where lah...............but the 800 million dollar 800 meter long flyover at a time when construction workers were from Thailand or China = very obvious................back then Straits Times will talk about infrastructure projects in M'sia, Thailand, etc.............they can build highways over 100km long with far less money........

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The current PAP regime is corrupt. No checks and balances. No oversight. No transparency.

PAP = mini CCP. The parallels are exact. :cool:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since CPIB needs to seek the PM’s concurrence.

If CPIB wants to invite PM to lim kopi but PM says: " No need, I ownself investigate ownself can already " .

Next, even if CPIB buay song brings the matter up to president but president is Kaki Lang (Ex PAP minister/MP/Speaker etc.) says agrees with PM means case closed no corruption?

And no forgetting, during these interactions, under Official Secrets Act, CPIB is also not allowed to leak such requests to the press or to any external parties.
So the public will be always be kept in the dark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Secrets_Act
An Official Secrets Act (OSA) is legislation that provides for the protection of state secrets and official information, mainly related to national security but in unrevised form (based on the UK Official Secrets Act 1911) can include all information held by government bodies.

OSAs are currently in-force in over 40 countries (mostly former British colonies) including Bangladesh, Kenya, Pakistan, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Myanmar, Uganda, Malaysia, Singapore and the United Kingdom, and have previously existed in Canada and New Zealand.

MYNlDyS.gif
Our PM are good man with world strongest integrity Lai de woh...u cannot Suka Suka say like that de woh

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Considering the fact that Tharman, a recent PAP SM will 99.9% become the next president, the following hypothetical scenario will likely happen:

CPIB: Dear PM, we have established credible preliminary evidence that has linked corruption case to you. Hence we would like to invite you to Lim Kopi to assist in this investigation. Seeking your concurrence please.

PM Lee: Unfortunately I do not concurr. I ownself check ownself can already. After checking, I found myself not corrupt. If you not happy can try to approach the President.

CPIB to president: Dear President, PM Lee has rejected our request to investigate him. We need you to exercise your presidential powers to override his rejection for us to carry out our duties.

President Tharman: Sure, I will now exercise my presidential powers ...which is to agree with the PM. Case closed.

CPIB: Ok, thank you, Mr. President.
We will proceed to close the case with no corruption.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way to prevent corruption is to increase their salaries. :rolleyes::eek::roflmao:
Yes Iswaran has shown that they are not paid enough. Is it time to increase their salaries again? Maybe, just to play it safe, to double their current pay.

That will remove all temptation. And don't for get to ask the DisGracefool if her pay is enough. Otherwise double it again.

Don't forget to also double the allowances, benefits, and bonuses.