• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How do you overcome financial lost and job loss

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mind is in a whirlwind to handle financial and job loss at the same time.
Previous thread I ask opinion about paying some money to have a job.
Now would like to hear how do you normally handle a financial / job lost.

- stay at home and don't go out to spend ?
- find some money and gamble to take chance
- Steal or con other people's money ?
- loan from relative ?
- Suicide thoughts ?
- visit MP to explain the situation is caused by the country policies and get help from them ?

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Join John Tan, zerooo, Yang Yin, kopiuncle, and friends as pap IBs for some immediate income. Next, join them as grassloot leeders and hope for some crumps to come your way. Hope.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

- loan from relative ?
- Suicide thoughts ?
- visit MP to explain the situation is caused by the country policies and get help from them ?

Invest your time to topple the PAP government.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Join John Tan, zerooo, Yang Yin, kopiuncle, and friends as pap IBs for some immediate income. Next, join them as grassloot leeders and hope for some crumps to come your way. Hope.

I ever ask how to become the pap doggie also but so far did not manage to get recruited.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

- loan from relative ?
- Suicide thoughts ?

To create multiple streams of passive income.. This is the only way.

jjcc888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where to get the capital ?

If got :
1. Insurance policies - take out policy loans
2. Withdrawable/extra CPF at 55 (old rules) - just withdraw lor
If jobless, can apply to withdraw balance CPF {if miss Birthday Month for yearly withdrawal etc}
3. Unused/unspent Credit Card/Loan balances
4. Liquidate stock etc portfolios
5. Still continue to buy SMALL amount of HOPE Chance Opportunities - Toto, Big Sweep, 4D, etc ......

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If got :
1. Insurance policies - take out policy loans
2. Withdrawable/extra CPF at 55 (old rules) - just withdraw lor
If jobless, can apply to withdraw balance CPF {if miss Birthday Month for yearly withdrawal etc}
3. Unused/unspent Credit Card/Loan balances
4. Liquidate stock etc portfolios
5. Still continue to buy SMALL amount of HOPE Chance Opportunities - Toto, Big Sweep, 4D, etc ......

thanks for the comment.
Have seen a colleague did this before. I do not have any insurance policy for loan.
Not 55 yet so cannot touch the amount inside.
So far only tried small amount on toto /4d .

Luckily currently not in debt. Whenever walk pass the legal ah long shop under my block, thought to go in to checkout but scared of walking to a point of no return.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not the end of the world. take the opportunity to do something that take your mind off it, like going overseas for a short trip, go on a short trek or pursue some topics related to your last job which you are not able to do so previously...all these while looking for a job...it will keep you occupied.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its not the end of the world. take the opportunity to do something that take your mind off it, like going overseas for a short trip, go on a short trek or pursue some topics related to your last job which you are not able to do so previously...all these while looking for a job...it will keep you occupied.
thanks babu, initial period I was calculating my savings left vs expense required during unemployment period and managed to have a little of money to go jb for jalan jalan and makan. Sametime I did like what you said and managed to get a job offer but will need to forkout $4k if I go ahead with the job.

Tomorrow I will go ahead to accept the job offer after thinking for the last 3 days.
Now sort of having financial trouble :(

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

- loan from relative ?
- Suicide thoughts ?

I started off investing my paltry income in the stock market, and slowly build up a secondary source of income through dividends. Repeated over a long period of time, the amount of dividends I collected every year grew. So did my portfolio. Within 10 years of working, I no longer depend on my monthly salary for livelihood but I am still working. If you want a quick fix solution, I don't have any for you.

FYI, volunteering at grassroots didn't bring me additional income. I also don't make use of my grassroots network for any sort of business networking. Don't need it.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When CPF allowed me to withdraw and take out all, I used the proceeds to invest in stocks and a little at the turf club. Over a span of 10 years, I managed to build up my moderate portfolio into a multi-million portfolio. All thanks to CPF releasing my holdings to myself, I can design my own financial blueprint and looking back, comparing what CPF could have done for my money, my own money management paid a million times more than what CPF could do for me if my money was left to CPF. I am forever thankful to CPF for approving my request to release my CPF money back to me 10 years ago. I'm forever grateful to CPF for extending me this life-line.

This is what I intend to put on my epitaph: Life is NOT a dream, thanks to CPF.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's a big chance for you to grab the attention of LHL and maybe you don't need to worry about your financial health anymore.

LKY has just passed away. Go be a wailer at his wake.
Mind is in a whirlwind to handle financial and job loss at the same time. Previous thread I ask opinion about paying some money to have a job. Now would like to hear how do you normally handle a financial / job lost. - stay at home and don't go out to spend ? - find some money and gamble to take chance - Steal or con other people's money ? - loan from relative ? - Suicide thoughts ? - visit MP to explain the situation is caused by the country policies and get help from them ?

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi I still believe in save hard and invest wise.

As my personal experience, I can do it you also can do it.

You sure will say I earn much more than you. Of course can save and invest.

But when I just graduated from U in my early twenties. I only get 1.8k salary and able to clear my study loan 20k in less than 3 years time.

Of course. Now i am earning much more.

Please do not stop to upgrade yourself.

If you want better future, please work for it.

There is no free lunch in the world.

If there is will, there is way.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

- loan from relative ?
- Suicide thoughts ?

Today is the first day of your journey towards becoming financially independent. Refer to my retirement thread.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
volunteering at grassroots didn't bring me additional income. I also don't make use of my grassroots network for any sort of business networking. Don't need it.

heard that you need to have large amount of saliva, is that true?