• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How are foreigners able to find job in sg??

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

somebody please explain

how come the foreigners are able to come here and find jobs??

.. which implies the government is able to generate lot of new jobs??? ..

what are the new growth industries that are providing jobs to these foreigners..

How are these foreigners are able to survive in this expensive jungle unless they find lucrative jobs??

can somebody please explain?

Some of my views on why the FTs could get jobs easier is;

i. They are not very choosy about their jobs, and as long they can do something in singapore to make some money, they are grateful and they go for it.

ii. New growth industry, like coffee shops, cleaners, healthcare nurses, administrators, taxi, bus transport, ... any takers for singaporeans?

iii. survival is not a issue even for a singaporean, but a choice of lifestyle that kills one. // FTs finding lucrative jobs? if they can find one at home in the first place, they would not be in singapore right?

my small ideas,

perhaps we Singaporeans have to be realistic, and thinking about HOW TO CONTRIBUTE value to your potential employer.

Rather than thinking about how you would be compensated even before we provide any value.... it's this thinking that I find Singaporeans are very similar with PRC in China.

Most people, would ask in their first interview, HOW BIG IS MY PAYCHECK...

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Employers all over the world will opt for cheap foreign labour, and help their own races, is not for LEGISLATION. That is absent in singapore.

Even for highly undesirable jobs, first-world countries strictly control foreigner influx. The wage demand and supply will take care of everything else. eg: plumbers is bad job? Less plumbers, and their salaries will increase. Then more pple will think it's worth it. With new supply, salaries come down to a fair level. It regulates itself.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
this yellow_people is internet hero act racist...he will shit in his pants when police knock on his doors for his racist remarks in this forum....every single of his posts!!

I think it is you who need to get the facts straight. In every country the world over, the minority races tend to lose out in some aspect. It may be something minor, like not being targetted in product advertisements to something major like not being politically represented. This is pretty much a given no matter how democratic the country is.

As the major race in Singapore is Chinese, they can discriminate all they like and still hold political power (of course, that does not mean it is right) as long as there are enough racists in the country. For minority races, they will absolutely need the support of the Chinese to hold some political power. This is the reality. You can rant all you want here and I will not stop you but I am just reminding you that as a member of the minority race (I hope you are not someone just trying to sow hatred), your actions do not serve to better the interests of your community but are in fact, causing more harm. There is no point for me to reply to Chinese racists because they are the majority race and if they are bent on being racist, no words can change them because they will never feel the need to work with the minority races.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you generalise and stereotype sgreans too much...not everyone is choosy abt their job..there are just those that genuinely cant get a job or accept a lower pay that FTrash are earning.....ultimately...sgreans and FTrash have different finanical commitment and neccesity and so do not again use it against locals by saying that they demand higer salary....thats just how it it..if u need $5 to buy something....would u not ask for $5 to get that thing??? we cant ask for $2 just becoz another group of pple is willing to accept the $2...facts of life...u support ur family etc as u mention in ur other post...so below a certain income level...would u not accept because circumstances do not allow u to? in that case are u choosy as well??

Some of my views on why the FTs could get jobs easier is;

i. They are not very choosy about their jobs, and as long they can do something in singapore to make some money, they are grateful and they go for it.

ii. New growth industry, like coffee shops, cleaners, healthcare nurses, administrators, taxi, bus transport, ... any takers for singaporeans?

iii. survival is not a issue even for a singaporean, but a choice of lifestyle that kills one. // FTs finding lucrative jobs? if they can find one at home in the first place, they would not be in singapore right?

my small ideas,

perhaps we Singaporeans have to be realistic, and thinking about HOW TO CONTRIBUTE value to your potential employer.

Rather than thinking about how you would be compensated even before we provide any value.... it's this thinking that I find Singaporeans are very similar with PRC in China.

Most people, would ask in their first interview, HOW BIG IS MY PAYCHECK...

kunkin

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you generalise and stereotype sgreans too much...not everyone is choosy abt their job..there are just those that genuinely cant get a job or accept a lower pay that FTrash are earning.....ultimately...sgreans and FTrash have different finanical commitment and neccesity and so do not again use it against locals by saying that they demand higer salary....thats just how it it..if u need $5 to buy something....would u not ask for $5 to get that thing??? we cant ask for $2 just becoz another group of pple is willing to accept the $2...facts of life...u support ur family etc as u mention in ur other post...so below a certain income level...would u not accept because circumstances do not allow u to? in that case are u choosy as well??

Sgpeans have never shown outwardly what they need from their government..
it has always been the other way.. the govt(inc.) has treated the people like cattle and herded them to what I ever they like.. Singaporeans accepted all these for some material comfort..without realising that the so called government is more moneyminded than themselves..

now the govt(inc.) want to make more money by replacing with FTs for cheap labor..

this i think has been happening for a very long time..

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sgpeans have never shown outwardly what they need from their government..
it has always been the other way.. the govt(inc.) has treated the people like cattle and herded them to what I ever they like.. Singaporeans accepted all these for some material comfort..without realising that the so called government is more moneyminded than themselves..

now the govt(inc.) want to make more money by replacing with FTs for cheap labor..

this i think has been happening for a very long time..

Dear Kunkin,

very well thought... true and true... Singaporeans have never shown outwardly that they needed from their government.

That's how the system is being designed to do... our education system have designed us to be obedient, and docile.

However, I do see that Singapore is a peaceful Island, where people are not hungry. At least not hungry to the state where there will be a revolution.

Currently the situation perhaps is due to some disgruntled feelings...

Okay, here comes some thinking, perhaps most may disagree, and are free to flame me.

I think Singapore is by far one of the best place to live on earth.

1. PEACE, SOCIAL ORDER, (real or not, at least there is some truth in the external)

2. There are not too many people going hungry.

3. Good standard of education, and affordable Primary, Secondary education.

4. Great Infrastructures for Economic Development // well positioned to be a Regional Hub, and Logistic Center Regionally and Globally.

5. There are no restrictions for people to Travel with their SINGAPORE PASSPORT.

6. In essence, people in Singapore, Singaporeans DO HAVE A CHOICE.

Talking about FTs... I am pretty sure most of our pioneering fathers of Singapore come from India, Malaysia, China... talking about it which some of our fathers, mothers, grandfathers, grandmothers were from China, Malaysia, India...

If someone can come to Singapore to become FT, so can we, Singaporeans to go elsewhere to become FT on other people's nation...

I do have many friends who go overseas to be FT... well, I am a FT myself in other people's nation...

anyways. to each his own, you are the only one that can set yourself free from these troubles, and anger...

Beshitted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who would bother flaming you?

Short of saying 'I can't stop people from bringing people in', I think we all know where you're coming from.:biggrin:

Dear Kunkin,

very well thought... true and true... Singaporeans have never shown outwardly that they needed from their government.

That's how the system is being designed to do... our education system have designed us to be obedient, and docile.

However, I do see that Singapore is a peaceful Island, where people are not hungry. At least not hungry to the state where there will be a revolution.

Currently the situation perhaps is due to some disgruntled feelings...

Okay, here comes some thinking, perhaps most may disagree, and are free to flame me.

I think Singapore is by far one of the best place to live on earth.

1. PEACE, SOCIAL ORDER, (real or not, at least there is some truth in the external)

2. There are not too many people going hungry.

3. Good standard of education, and affordable Primary, Secondary education.

4. Great Infrastructures for Economic Development // well positioned to be a Regional Hub, and Logistic Center Regionally and Globally.

5. There are no restrictions for people to Travel with their SINGAPORE PASSPORT.

6. In essence, people in Singapore, Singaporeans DO HAVE A CHOICE.

Talking about FTs... I am pretty sure most of our pioneering fathers of Singapore come from India, Malaysia, China... talking about it which some of our fathers, mothers, grandfathers, grandmothers were from China, Malaysia, India...

If someone can come to Singapore to become FT, so can we, Singaporeans to go elsewhere to become FT on other people's nation...

I do have many friends who go overseas to be FT... well, I am a FT myself in other people's nation...

anyways. to each his own, you are the only one that can set yourself free from these troubles, and anger...

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is you who need to get the facts straight. In every country the world over, the minority races tend to lose out in some aspect. It may be something minor, like not being targetted in product advertisements to something major like not being politically represented. This is pretty much a given no matter how democratic the country is.

As the major race in Singapore is Chinese, they can discriminate all they like and still hold political power (of course, that does not mean it is right) as long as there are enough racists in the country. For minority races, they will absolutely need the support of the Chinese to hold some political power. This is the reality. You can rant all you want here and I will not stop you but I am just reminding you that as a member of the minority race (I hope you are not someone just trying to sow hatred), your actions do not serve to better the interests of your community but are in fact, causing more harm. There is no point for me to reply to Chinese racists because they are the majority race and if they are bent on being racist, no words can change them because they will never feel the need to work with the minority races.

Take another look at the title of the thread you are replying too. Local Chinks have no power at all. All I keep hearing from the 75% majority is whining and whingeing. Eg: how Ah Neh FTs and other FTs are taking away their jobs. Most of the 75% majority are just too lazy and complacent to compete. The first thing they ask in a job interview is how much the employer is willing to pay. It comes as no surprise that employers are willing to hire Pinoys or Indian FTs.

Much of the discontent and disgruntlement are from the 75% majority. If the Chinese in Singapore are indeed were as powerful as you suggest there wouldn't be so much discontent about FT. Chinks like to believe they are in power an illusion that is held by the disbelief that despite making up the majority they are completely enslaved and at the mercy of LKY and his PAP with no hope of every overthrowing the dictator.

What is laughable is your defending of the racist amongst the majority while these are the bozos complaining about minority races taking away their job. Local Chinks have no shame at all.

Last edited: