• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Hougang not a WP stronghold.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
See other threads, all post only Hougang will remain outside pap hand. Please lor, WP votes since 1991 average about 55% only. Lousy 5% only for Pete sake. All behave Not In My Backyard attitude. If Potong Pasir can fall, why not Hougang.
The ppl of Hougang don’t own the rest of nation a living. Since 1991, bus services withdrawn, no upgrades, simi lanjeow also don’t have. With the new condos and hdb estate at upper Serangoon view, this new residents will change the voting patterns of Hougang, especially the original residents either old age mati or move out with their married children.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
tiagong LTK joined the walkabouts to introduce DT to the choo peen tao bueh... hor seh liao!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If WP still wins Hougang, we should withdraw the remaining few bus services that pass through that rundown estate. Perhaps ration their electricity and water too. Put them under siege until they repent.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have faith in the good people of Hougang... Potong Pasir different scenario. CST was getting on his age. He left PP, went for one last hurrah fighting in a GRC. I always felt that Lina shouldn't be replacing CST in the first place. It was error on his part in trying to keep PP within the family. Now probably hard to unseat Sitoh since he managed to garner some support base there for the last 10 years. But Jose Raymond will give Sitoh a good fight.

Back to Hougang. Credit to WP for managing the succession plans for Hougang. I feel Png still has alot to offer. But I'm confident Hougang will remain under the Hammers. Dennis is a good man. Hougang people know the difference between a people's fighter and past duds like Lee Hong Chuang and Desmond Choo. Have faith.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
If WP still wins Hougang, we should withdraw the remaining few bus services that pass through that rundown estate. Perhaps ration their electricity and water too. Put them under siege until they repent.

No boss @JohnTan, you must think like a businessman.
You see Aljunied residents, never vote for PAP, can get birds nest and Texas Chicken vouchers.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have faith in the good people of Hougang... Potong Pasir different scenario. CST was getting on his age. He left PP, went for one last hurrah fighting in a GRC. I always felt that Lina shouldn't be replacing CST in the first place. It was error on his part in trying to keep PP within the family. Now probably hard to unseat Sitoh since he managed to garner some support base there for the last 10 years. But Jose Raymond will give Sitoh a good fight.

Back to Hougang. Credit to WP for managing the succession plans for Hougang. I feel Png still has alot to offer. But I'm confident Hougang will remain under the Hammers. Dennis is a good man. Hougang people know the difference between a people's fighter and past duds like Lee Hong Chuang and Desmond Choo. Have faith.
This Lee Hong Chuang fella talks more like an ah pek businessman than PAP MP material. Saw him speaking on the telly last night and shook my head thinking the quality calibre of PAP MP candidates nowadays really reaching the dregs rock bottom.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do you guys lived in Hougang? Uncle zhihau I think live around avenue 1. The residents in Hougang smc had changed a lot since 1991, especially in the last 10 years. There are more PRC born citizens, new citizens from SEA and young couples in the new hdb blocks and condos who have no affiliation with the WP. There were only 22-24k eligible voters, add another 2k people is already 10%. There are at least 10 new hdb blocks and 2 new condos since 2015. These shd add 3-4K new residents into the smc while the original residents either dead or moved out. Mathematically don’t favor WP. It my honest opinion. If the rest of nation want opposition but not in own backyard, then a pap clean sweep is not far away.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I stay in AJ GRC, but a number of my relatives in Hougang.
Do your relatives know the 燕飛來 coffeeshop changed towkay? The new management may not welcome gathering on polling day. Ask your relatives whether what I posted are fact. Ah Huat should not have withdraw, my old mom ask me who the new chap, can only her just cross the hammer can liao, no need to care the guy who. 選黨不選人。

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal

steady la John! you da man! :thumbsup:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hougang will fall like a piece of rotten coconut tree
nothing great about the people running for parties
it is a touch and go thing
last time ah lau low can hold and gel
now everything very loose
ah lau low not here
all unstable
even aljunied will fall too
with pritam talking about not winning at all
sylvia no more the fiery punch
dont know why ...all the workers seem so lame
so seconded so so so now...no fire anymore
ah lau gone ah seow gone ah png gone
so workers all weakened like taufu sure habis leow
pap will take over aljunied for sure

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1593936335757.png

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oppies need to end their xenophobia and racism. They should engage the new sinkie citizens more instead of playing the race and dialect card. Get to know our CECA, pinoy or PRC sinkies better. Join in our grassroots activities.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
See other threads, all post only Hougang will remain outside pap hand. Please lor, WP votes since 1991 average about 55% only. Lousy 5% only for Pete sake. All behave Not In My Backyard attitude. If Potong Pasir can fall, why not Hougang.
The ppl of Hougang don’t own the rest of nation a living. Since 1991, bus services withdrawn, no upgrades, simi lanjeow also don’t have. With the new condos and hdb estate at upper Serangoon view, this new residents will change the voting patterns of Hougang, especially the original residents either old age mati or move out with their married children.

Wholeheartedly agree with you.

A few years ago, after a span of more than 5 years i paid a visit to my old village temple at hougang ave 5, block 300 plus area. I was shocked by how old the estate looked. Not dirty, but looking really old and tired.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do that and your beloved PAP will lose more seats to the opposition.:biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The similj dont have, got meh?
Still accessible, got new sheltered walkway
Hdb also got upgrade
What you have in others hg also have
New citizens yes can see more
Maybe the new citizens when recieved the new ic from pappy maybe will vote pappy
Yes it might reduce the vote % since they might only know pappy is the govt
All runours all many things dont have are rumours
I lived in sk now hg only difference is i saw the wp mp real person around hg
But i didnt saw a pappy mp during my years in sk
Maybe i have no luck witness a pappy mp in sk

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 燕飛來 kopitiam heard changed hands but i cant verify
But puzzle me is same female boss still around correct me if im wrong
Haha it jus take 5-6min walk but the kimly kopitiam along the road further up sure not a wp supporter :biggrin: