• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hougang by election: Referendum on PM's "I am sorry" after 1 year

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
boatqrally-03.jpg

The Straits Times
The Straits Times
Published on May 3, 2011

PM says sorry over mistakes, pledges to do better

PAP
PM says sorry over mistakes, pledges to do better

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM Lee's mea culpa at the Raffles Place rally was actually directed at Mr Goh Meng Seng.

Ever the magnanimous gentleman, Mr Goh Meng Seng accepted PM Lee's apology and moved on.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't know leh...don't see much changes leh...

"sorry seems to be the hardest word"...but we must give credit for the presence of the oppositions in one ward & on GRC, the MIW have not changed much, but whatever they do, they are more careful now. In the past, they were arrogant, pompus and since there wasn't any one to check them, don't care a damn for what you say.

If they are really serious in winning Hougang, to show to the people there they are, put in a much more heavyweight that all these sisyphuses like Desmond choo choo train, "Chicku man" Low, "remove bus service" Heng...

Same old "we are helping the poor in HG", "no upgrading", then remove the wet market, and sell part of the land for condominium development & now, "choo choo train" says, faraway to go marketing, vote for me, they will build a wet market. This is 2012...

What is new? what is sorry?, all we need are oppostions as check & balance, even though nothing much had really changed, whatever changes they do today or tomrrow, with the oppositions in parliamant, they have to at least, think twice. No longer can they act arrogant at most of the time pompous.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Easy for the PM to say sorry last year..

1 year on, I still see no remorse from the PAP.. PAP's scumbag behaviour is getting worse.. Where's the promise to tighten the influx of the FTs?

Day by day I see more and more Indian Ah nehs, Pinoys and the Ah Tiongs walking on our streets..

I feel sorry for Sporeans who naively accepted the PM's apology back then..

6 years ago, a Taxi Uncle once told me this few days before the 2006 GE.. 'Never ever trust the PAP'. He's damn right..

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
next elections, say sorry again?
ofcos! ...

iz a tested strategy dat works! ...

daft sinkies r suckers 4 apologies ... juz say sumting dat sounds like sorry n daft sinkies wil diam-diam let u screw dem again, y not? ...

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
This BE will have so much significance apart from HG residents electing its MP. It should tell us whether a MP's private lives matter, or how he handles controversies. On the other hand, that this BE is exactly one year from the last GE provides the perfect platform for a small privileged group of people to evaluate the performance of the PAP and WP. And this evaluation has national implications.

Never see Singapore's political scene so exciting before.

Lilac

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are Singaporeans better off compared to a year ago? Has the PAP government found solutions to key problems facing its citizens, or is the constant refrain of ministers the pathetic lament that they are powerless to solve intractable problems?

Hougang residents are not blind to the fact that most of the problems face by Singaporeans are the direct consequence of unsound government policies and poor anticipation of the hardships face by ordinary citizens. The results of the Hougang BE will be an early report card of the ruling party's performance thus far.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly, LHL did make changes. I want him to change the bitter soup but he change my bowl instead of the unpopular soup.. :oIo:

Last edited: