• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

hoseh liao, SG bow to Charlie: Vietnamese tycoon detained in Singapore deported to Hanoi

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Vietnamese who was detained in Singapore has been sent back home, according to a lawyer acting for the 42-year-old tycoon.

Remy Choo, who is one of three lawyers acting for Phan Van Anh Vu, told Yahoo News Singapore that his client was put on a flight to Hanoi at 1.58pm on Thursday (4 January). Choo was only informed of this at 4.45pm.

“I am disappointed that, despite our best efforts for our client, he was deported without our knowledge (and not given) an opportunity to contest the allegations made against him,” said Choo.

Vu, who is reportedly wanted in Vietnam for revealing state secrets, was detained at Tuas Checkpoint last Thursday as he tried to leave for Malaysia.

In a one-line media statement, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) said on Tuesday, “Phan Van Anh Vu was arrested on 28 December 2017 for committing offences under the Immigration Act.”

Choo added that he received a letter from ICA on Thursday morning, containing a Removal Order for his client, dated 30 December. “Prior to today, my client’s lawyers were never given sight of this Removal order. I wrote back at 1.10 pm to ask ICA for documents justifying the Removal Order so that my client could appeal the Removal Order, and asked that in the interim he not be removed from Singapore.”

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/vietnamese-tycoon-detained-singapore-deported-hanoi-reports-085156569.html

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore don't even have an extradition treaty with Indonesia.. why do we have one with Vietnam? Poor dude will now face the firing squad

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
With M Ravi out of action, Sinkieland number one human rights gay lawyer Remy Choo never quickly ask his buikia runner Terry Xu to stir shit and fuck ICA in their website TOC?

IMG_1651.jpg

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore don't even have an extradition treaty with Indonesia.. why do we have one with Vietnam? Poor dude will now face the firing squad

A possible reason is this Vietnamese guy didn't stash his millions in Zikapore whereas the Indonesian tycoons who did so avoid deportation to their country of domicile.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On return we will have fresh stocks of Vietnam mei mei for Joo Chiat n Geylang. I say it’s a fair deal.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better to deport them than keep them and raise a diplomatic incident,,,no gain for singapore and heaps of diplomatic scuffles etc to keep him here...one has to be practical about such matters,,,,

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This lawyer Remy Choo had been taking either high profile cases or serving those rich people. This Vietnamese is obviously a rich corrupted bastard but Remy Choo chose to earn this kind of dirty money. Another bastard money face lawyer in the making?